Condell Medical Center

Good

Current Employee - Staff Nurse  in  Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Condell Medical Center part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My manager is flexible with my schedule and availability

Cons

Not asking RN insight before implementing changes

Better communication

No teamwork, everyone only looked out for themselves.

Former Employee - NCT  in  Libertyville, IL
    Former Employee - NCT in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Condell Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay was not terrible. Different shift lengths provided for more days off. Vacation accrual was good. The emergency department worked well as a team and for the most part treated everyone fairly.

Cons

In my department, there were no breaks. Anyone would throw you under the bus or make things up to try and make themselves look better. People really treated support staff like garbage.

Treat staff like they matter. Don't make people feel so easily replaceable.

Every unit is different and it takes a long time to find a unit that you are able connect with

Current Employee - Unit Secretary  in  Libertyville, IL
    Current Employee - Unit Secretary in Libertyville, IL

I have been working at Condell Medical Center

Pros

My individual unit is very supportive towards personal needs and most coworkers are accomidating and helpful even during busy days.

Cons

The scheduling is unorganized and holiday coverage is somewhat unfair. Hostile coworkers are rarely dealt with. Management is wonderful personally, but disorganized professionally.

The schedule is the biggest issue with most units. There needs to be specialized training or something similar for people who are designated with the task of being in charge of the unit schedule. Also, there needs to be a more organized approach towards employee performance when it comes to their hostility. It needs to be addressed and not just "noted" in their file.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Huge Bureacracy with malice at the top. It may have changed since Advocate took over.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Condell Medical Center

Pros

Benefits and pay are good.

Cons

Read headline. Incompetency at the top

At the time I worked for the hospital, there were some "lifer" employees in management that had retired at their desks, or worse. I hope this has changed.

Condell Medical Secrets

Former Employee - Radiographer  in  Libertyville, IL
    Former Employee - Radiographer in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Condell Medical Center

Pros

Always able to get extra hours; evening shift (PMs) are laid back (more of a team effort). When on call, there is a great chance that you will be called in. The benefit of having a hugely discounted membership at Condell Centre Club. Free parking.

Cons

Department supervisor lacks communication skills. Overwhelming evidence of sexist environment. Due to excessive favortism, most job related problems are not met with rational resolutions (ie. depending on how the supervisor feels about you, they may or may not encourage the perpetrator to antagonize the situation). The supervisor creates most of the day to day drama in the radiology department. There is always retaliation against workers that the supervisor don't favor at the hands of their "pets" (ie. there's alot of framing going on). Career advancement not encouraged, if you are interested in another modality, the radiology supervisor makes every job related issue difficult for you. Absolutely no positive reinforcement; and feedback was always related to a complaint. The supervisor disrepects some employees in the presence of other employees calling some of them "not bright", incompetent, and idiots.

Cleanhouse ( radiology supervisors and managers) and start with a fresh team (keyword: team) from outside the organization.

Great experience!

I worked at Condell Medical Center

Pros

Takes care of people very well

Cons

Really Very busy at times

Keep up the good work

Worked for Condell Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!