Condo Protego

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andrew Caltorphe

great salary great job

ProsEarning a great salary working on really interesting projects, with the best products in some of the best customer sites.

Consneed to fix the A/C in the office

kind hardworking team who help me a lot

Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsI was to work on many projects that for me were interested for me and was able to make my skills much better and very much help from the managers

Conssometimes too many people come who do not want to do the work nicely and then there is a problems, but it is good that those people do not stay

Advice to Senior Managementthanks you for all the help that I was given to me

good place to feel your contribution counted

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Prosafter having worked in thelargest companys for so long it felt great to know my contribution really mattered to have direct open access to the ultimate decision makers and to be kept up to date on key company plans. really missing this now back in a big company

Conswhilst there was more pressure becuase your number really counted it still was not as bad as the corporate wrangling i am back to facing

Advice to Senior Managementkeep it open its refreshing

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunities in an organization that knows how to be the best

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)

Prosthe structure to meet the goals of the highest levels of customer focus and satisfaction are very clear, and through a repeated consistent approach make your job straightforward, and then its down to the individual to deliver and push themselves forward

Consnot really suitable for those who want to as little as possible or want to their own thing at work, this does not lead to consistentcy and just upsets the balance which is close to perfect

Advice to Senior Managementnone, its offered and received on a daily basis

PLEASE DONT JOIN THIS COMPANY

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsCant think of any benefits worth the pain experienced here.

ConsWorking in Condo is painful. You are treated like a kid and need to take permission for every action. You literally don't have a voice of your own.

When you're working on a project they expect you to complete things in unreasonable timelines. The worst part is that they expect you to remain seated in office all day, when you're not onsite. You need to signout in a register every time you goo for a break longer than 10 minutes..

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop this nursery business

Good perks for those willing to fall down

Technical Consultant (Current Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsCondo Protego pays well .

ConsManagement expects you to fall down to their discretion. They don't believe in empowering people, but you rather need to follow instructions as dictated.

I don't understand the fact why positive reviews follow within days of negative ones. There are just 10 people in the company,, with an average of 1 person leaving per month. I would not recommend this company to anybody, unless you're desperate for a change.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat employees like humans!!

Worst experience of my life

Technical Consultant (Former Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsIf you like to remain sitting at a desk and pretending to do work, this is your place.

Consa) Employees are manipluated on joining. You are given an offer letter with basic terms and conditions, but once you join you are made to sign another contract (customized for each employee) that was never shared earlier. Some of the terms include 3 months notice, recovery of expenses upto 50,000 AED if you leave within 12 months, cannot join competitor etc.

b) This is a family run business, driven by husband and wife (Andrew and Savitha)

d) While you join with a dignified role as a Consultant, your job profile is not dignified in any manner. You have to take permission for every act:
    - Macro management to the extent never ever seen
    - Call management before going to a customer site as well as when you leave the customer site.
    - Keep management copied on every silly email
    - Drive onsite activities remotely whenever possible (DO NOT go onsite)
    - Drive remote activities one email whenever possible (DO NOT WebEx)
    - You are expected to remain seated at your desk, no socializing with colleagues in office, take minimum breaks etc.
    - You are expected to be available 24/7, but in case your'e late to office you will have to go through a 'living in UAE' session

e) Management calls this a professional company, but they keep fighting together amongst themselves creating a weird environment in office (remember they are a couple pretending to be professional business partners)

f) 10 employee company. Average attrition of 1 person per month.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could grow your business, if you grew up to be adults..

Bad Employer

Sales (Former Employee)
    Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

ProsSalary is good and reaches on time. Strong Principal Companies to work with. Some very good colleagues to work with.

ConsUnprofessionally managed company. Micromanagement is the style. No delegation of power and decision making. Two tier organisation. Top tier is CEO & GM and lower tier is all other employees. The management believes in putting unnecessary pressure on employees all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Nice to Employees. They are also humans. They need to improve their people management skills drastically.

Well I like working here

Prosi like having the opportunity to see an event from end to end, some while ago i was visiting a customer for regular system check and they mentioned about some new requirements. After updating the account manager, he and i visited the customer and i presented the options for upgrading their system. Then i prepared the configurations and assisted in the proposal and managed the opportunity registration with the supplier. Then after we got the PO and the equipment came i managed the delivery, installed and configured the upgrade and now continue supporting the customer, and this is a repeatable thing that happens all the time. This is much better then just doing one part of this and not feeling involved.

Conswhilst the office has the minimum amenities it would be good to have somethings to help relax, like a table tennis table or pool table like some of the companies in India.

Advice to Senior Managementhappy with the work, please keep the multi tasking job unchanged, i think most of us like to do different things from time to time

This is a good place to work

ProsIt's a strong performing company focused on the best products, EMC and Symantec. Lots of simple processes ensure that the day to day activities are easily managed and customer satisfaction is high. Project use standard proven templates and run smoothly.

Consit seems that the business continues to grow but not clear that operating in only the uae is a good long term strategy, perhaps the company should expand to other nearby locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore team meetings please, the last one was really useful and opened my eyes to some of the otherwise unknown aspects of the company.

Worked for Condo Protego? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Condo Protego reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Condo Protego CEO Andrew Caltorphe. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Condo Protego employees.