Conduit Global Reviews

18 reviews filtered by
  • San Antonio, TX Area
2.1
Robert A. Pines

1. Not a terrible job, but not great.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conduit Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good employees for the most part, professional HR, great benefits and lots of little perks provided to employees.

Cons

No communication between sups and management, bonus structure stacked against employees, most sups were unprofessional, inappropriate behavior in the work place happens a lot there (fraternization), sups and management play favorites.

Advice to Management

That I know they lost their contract that I was working and I'd assume house cleaning was done, but if it wasn't most of those sups need to be cleaned out and the department director needs to pay more attention to who they promote to supervisor positions on their new ventures. When I got in on the ground floor of their project things were rough, but it got good for awhile then something just went wrong also the pay is well below going rate for a customer service / help desk position.

2. Medicore at best.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is opportunities to get promoted if you excel in your position. Dress code is very lax .Jeans our permitted with a collared shirt while Fri-Sun t shirts are permitted and Sat/Sun shorts are permitted.Decent benefits package(but you have to wait 3 months to utilize the benefits.

Cons

The Training program was horrible.Many complained about feeling unprepared from transitioning from training to actual customer service.The pay is isn't that great .The job is quite stressful.Support sometimes is minimal (.If your on a chat or call and you have a ? or situation that you don't know how to handle you might be on your own). The facility is dirty.The breakroom sucks .No coffee no utensils .etc.The equipment is old and falling apart.Example the pcs used are 10+ years old the chairs are falling apart.You will constantly deal with pissed off and dissatisfied customers (Half your calls or chats will be dealing with disgruntled customers)That is a daily thing.Your scores are based on a customer survey that can either can make or break you.Which sometimes is unfair because the customer is unhappy with the company but yet your the scapegoat.

Advice to Management

Conduit and the client need to re analyze the training program.Stop the Customer surveys program.

3. Waste of time

Former Employee - Chat Customer Service in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Chat Customer Service in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conduit Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

small bonus depending on stats, chatting instead of talking to customers,

Cons

low pay, poor communication between sups or management, constant change, signing in with desk person every time you enter or leave the floor (even when going to the restroom), waiting 90 days for poor benifits to go into effect, no pto or uto ever available, missing work for any reason (even medical with doctors note or car crash with police report) still counting against you, short lunches, no structure or fair rules in policy, poor working conditions (desks, chairs, old computers), no set seating, very poor training that does not prepare you for taking two chats at a time, select employees with great stats forced to be put on three chats at a time with no extra benefit or raise in pay.

Advice to Management

Work on finding a better structure for the company, it is a mess and everything done to try and make it better just makes it worse. This is a very hard place to work at because of the poor working conditions and horrible pay. Chat reps are also always taking the punches for the company and never get any help or much recognition. There are hardly and sups walking around to help and they never show a willingness to help either. Last but no least, as a chat rep we are scored by our customers after every chat and the customer has the power to give us horrible low scores even if we assisted to the best of our abilitys and behaved kindly towards them. Even if we fully solved their problem, they are still able to give low scores and have that counted aguinst us for no good reason or no mistake of our own. That is a HUGE upset to every chat/phone employee and there needs to be some kind of way for us reps to fight those unfair scorings.

5. it was ok to get by while looking for something else

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global

Pros

the dress code is very relaxed.

Cons

unergonomic, broken chairs everywhere!!!! Hard to find a chair that isn't broken to even sit on .Dirty working conditions, dust everywhere, no assigned seating or wipes to clean the equipment. There's a lot of pressure for getting a certain score on the customer surveys as well, you can be excellent call center rep but if the customer is mad at the company and rates you a 0 , good luck at keeping the job, what a ridiculous unfair system.

Advice to Management

none

6. BEST JOB EVER

Former Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conduit Global

Pros

Fun people, great trainers, great hours, great pay. LOVED working here even though the 5 week classroom training seemed to take forever

Cons

Angry customers, long day, short lunch,llong classroom training time, drags on, but fun nonetheless

Advice to Management

Consider making the training more fun not so tedious, take out the sups who don't know what they are doing or who have attitude problems

7. No job security, no incentive to stay with the company.

Current Employee - Enterprise Technical Support Representative/IHD in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The location isn't bad, and the facility itself is nice. Quiet rooms on both levels, and walking distance from a gas station when you're on lunch.

Cons

Training, management, the product that they now serve, the lack of a promise that it will be around next year, and equipment.

Advice to Management

Bring back the DSL project, get pay up around 18-20/hour, and increase PTO, and people would consider either coming back to work for this company, or stick around and help it grow. Until then its falling apart.

Poor staff

Former Employee - Chat Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Chat Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conduit Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy job to do

Cons

The trainers that trained us had no idea what they were training us. Horrible way to start off. Then people there act like if you are still in high school even management

Advice to Management

Get knowledgable staff and stop trying to make friends there because that just makes you part of the staff which your management

9. As a Customer Service CHAT Representative, I regret accepting this position.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative CHAT in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative CHAT in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Gives opportunity to those who have very little work history.

Cons

Horrible, horrible, horrible training!!!

Every job I've ever held, I've kept for at least two years but after just six weeks of being here, I already want to quit. My trainer had absolutely NO experience as a trainer before the class I was forced to be in with him. He knew nothing about our job requirements or even his own job requirements; half of our overly populated class knew more than he did. He is not to blame entirely, I put most of the blame on the people who decided to hire him. Most of the material discussed, either we can't do in chat or won't have to ever worry about doing. We were literally paid to sit and listen. There were so many errors in the training modules, that every time I came across one, I questioned the credibility of this place. That is not all. What bothered me the most about training is that the so-called training systems allowed very limited access for us. Most of what was needed couldn't even be seen until we were out of training and into production.

There should only be one chat!!!

It makes no sense to me and most of my co-workers that we have to receive more than one chat at a time. It is so difficult to constantly keep customers up to date, provide customers with accurate information, and deal with several issues at once while remaining calm and professional. I can understand if customers had to wait to chat with us but they often don't wait long; 1-2 minutes is nothing. The customers who call in are the one's who have to wait thirty minutes plus.

Supervisors, offer help!!!

We are struggling out there. While we're standing there with our hands up to the ceiling appearing as overgrown elementary students constantly repeating to customers, "I'm still researching this for you", supervisors are kicked back, relaxed, talking about their love lives, watching basketball games and/or acting like they're doing something important at their desk. Being blatantly ignored is so disheartening that I often considered walking out and never showing up again.

Advice to Management

Everything was covered already.

Very short sighted...

Former Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conduit Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is willing to give you a shot regardless of your experience you can get promoted if they see potential.

Cons

Management will give you little to no support or training, you will be held to expectations that you are only vaguely aware of, and you will be used as a scapegoat whenever convenient.

Advice to Management

Get behind your leaders so they can support your front line agents, managements role is to support the business not stand on top of front line agents.

11. a sinking ship

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time

Pros

the people are all working towards the same common goal sometimes

Cons

poor communication, constantly changing rules, instability within the company

Advice to Management

In order to advance in the business world, you need to provide your staff with tools and training to succeed...not cut corners every chance you get. Also allow advancement within the company based on performance