Conduit Global

Updated November 22, 2014
2.4

Robert A. Pines

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Decent place to work, if management can get things under control

Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and helpful supervisors, decent wages and good benefits

Cons

Poor training, rampant favoritism, and management doesn't seem to know what they want to do with the company. Constantly switching up what projects have priority and resources. The training doesn't help much either, it's so poor that unless you're already comfortable and efficient in a call center your chances of making it are slim, which leads to poor performance by the center.

Get trainers who are more focused on getting quality workers on the floor then upping their own bonus. High turn over can be lowered (if even just a little) by actually equipping people for the type of work they'll be doing on the floor.

As a Customer Service CHAT Representative, I regret accepting this position.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative CHAT in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative CHAT in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Gives opportunity to those who have very little work history.

Cons

Horrible, horrible, horrible training!!!

Every job I've ever held, I've kept for at least two years but after just six weeks of being here, I already want to quit. My trainer had absolutely NO experience as a trainer before the class I was forced to be in with him. He knew nothing about our job requirements or even his own job requirements; half of our overly populated class knew more than he did. He is not to blame entirely, I put most of the blame on the people who decided to hire him. Most of the material discussed, either we can't do in chat or won't have to ever worry about doing. We were literally paid to sit and listen. There were so many errors in the training modules, that every time I came across one, I questioned the credibility of this place. That is not all. What bothered me the most about training is that the so-called training systems allowed very limited access for us. Most of what was needed couldn't even be seen until we were out of training and into production.

There should only be one chat!!!

It makes no sense to me and most of my co-workers that we have to receive more than one chat at a time. It is so difficult to constantly keep customers up to date, provide customers with accurate information, and deal with several issues at once while remaining calm and professional. I can understand if customers had to wait to chat with us but they often don't wait long; 1-2 minutes is nothing. The customers who call in are the one's who have to wait thirty minutes plus.

Supervisors, offer help!!!

We are struggling out there. While we're standing there with our hands up to the ceiling appearing as overgrown elementary students constantly repeating to customers, "I'm still researching this for you", supervisors are kicked back, relaxed, talking about their love lives, watching basketball games and/or acting like they're doing something important at their desk. Being blatantly ignored is so disheartening that I often considered walking out and never showing up again.

Everything was covered already.

Very short sighted...

Former Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conduit Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is willing to give you a shot regardless of your experience you can get promoted if they see potential.

Cons

Management will give you little to no support or training, you will be held to expectations that you are only vaguely aware of, and you will be used as a scapegoat whenever convenient.

Get behind your leaders so they can support your front line agents, managements role is to support the business not stand on top of front line agents.

a sinking ship

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time

Pros

the people are all working towards the same common goal sometimes

Cons

poor communication, constantly changing rules, instability within the company

In order to advance in the business world, you need to provide your staff with tools and training to succeed...not cut corners every chance you get. Also allow advancement within the company based on performance

It pays the bills.

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and coworkers. For a call center experience, it's a good place to begin. There are sometimes nice little events to try and help boost worker morale such as parties and free food.

Cons

Not easy to move up unless you get chummy with some of the higher ups. Attendance policy is incredibly strict as well as many other policies they have. Management doesn't seem to know how to manage. This company is very quick to get rid of anyone and sometimes even managers/supervisors will find reasons to fire people.

Change your practices. It's amazing that management questions why attrition is so bad when the company and policies are quite askew.

Horrible. Trainers care more about getting their bonuses than actual teaching.

Former Employee - TSR in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - TSR in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Conduit Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

IMO there are not any Pros except they have good benefits.

Cons

Low pay for the work load. They keep employees that clearly do not follow rules of the company or the law.They care more about giving the single people their dream schedules rather than allowing people who have families get a schedule to where they actually see their kids.

Putting in My Notice Tomorrow

Current Employee - Tech Support in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Tech Support in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits. Great People. Convenient Location.

Cons

Extremely Low Pay. Tenure More Important than Performance. No Sick Time. No Raises. Outdated Equipment. No Room for Advancement. Contracted Work = No Job Security.

More flexibility and better management are needed. This center is seriously lacking functional equipment. The computers don't work properly and most of the phones are missing pieces to be usable as well. There is no formal training once you hit the floor. As others have said, it's "sink or swim". There needs to be some incentive to stay if you want quality employees. Sub-standard employees with tenure are the only ones who "make it". The rest of us are left with no raises, no anything to stick around.

Disheartening, as experienced management and training is non-existent.

Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and co-workers. Has prioritized promoting from within for positions as they come available. Will work with school schedules including less than 40 hours, 4-10 hour days with 3 off, and allow schedule trades between individuals.

Cons

Training after promotion is 'Sink or Swim'. There is no formal management or supervisor training which results in individuals not moving in the same direction. Agents are not held to same standards of accountability between teems with again hurts the company as a whole. Pay rate is not competitive with other call centers in the city and all work is contracted which means it could be gone at any time. Finally, tenure plays a bigger role in advancement then performance.

In order to promote growth and attract a higher grade of employee, pay and benefits must be competitive. Center management should be reevaluated objectively and formal training provided to new members of the supervisor and management teams.

Fun place to work! They do a lot of things for employees.

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time

Pros

Events for employees; benefits are good. Training provided for all jobs.

Cons

Challenging work; frequent policy changes - make sure you are being flexible!

Management horrible...

Current Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Conduit Global full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are some good people there that actually care about your success as an individual and will help you in anyway that they can.

Cons

I don't know about any of the other sites as Conduit Global just took over this one, but if you are not part of the "click" then you probably wont last long there. People coming out of training have a few weeks to get where they need to be or be aggressively managed out.

Open your eyes and ears to your employees and implement their ideas and maybe your moral will increase and you will save on attrition and increase performance. A happy employee is a productive one.