Conduit Language Specialist

www.conduitlanguage.com

Conduit Language Specialist Reviews

2.7

Diana Autenrieth

Good compamy to work for

Former Employee - Spanish Analytical Linguist  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Spanish Analytical Linguist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Conduit Language Specialist as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Senior Management are excellent people and very fair. Often offer excellent opportinities for growth to those who prove their talen and who demonstrate their dedication to the company.

Cons

Travel tends to be long term usually 4 or more weeks away from home.

Keep up the good work.

This is definitely not a job you can count on for steady income

I have been working at Conduit Language Specialist as a contractor

Pros

Flexibility of schedule is great. The people are great to work with. The jobs are very interesting.

Cons

Inconsistent salary, uncertain periods of work, and marginalization is the norm.

Find ways to keep your employees EMPLOYED

horrible experience took 2 years to work 10 hours a week

Current Employee - Linguist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Linguist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Conduit Language Specialist part-time for more than a year

Pros

just getting paid 25/hr the rest is not good

Cons

looking to get out
    i work 10 hours a week
    cant pay me for the gas i use to get there
    shame on you
    people have families to support!

pay your people and stop deceiving your work force

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You will NEVER be a Full - Time Employee!!! Join the company as a Linguist if you like to be unemployed for months!!!!

Current Employee - Spanish Analytical Linguist  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Spanish Analytical Linguist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Conduit Language Specialist part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Extra Income
    -Something to fall back on "ALWAYS AS A PLAN B"
    -Resume Boost
    -Highly paid (when ever they do need you to work)
    -You get to do something cool and exciting (sometimes)
    -It is legit- Even though the process might make you wonder if it is real!

Cons

-Do not expect to work 40 hours a week
    -Not a stable job if you want to support yourself or a family or if you are trying to make a career out of this.
    -Application to Conduit takes 2 weeks, 6 months in the dark until you obtain your security Clearance, then another 3 months to start working on your first case. And when you do start working you will only work on a need basis ( On call basically).
    -Do not leave your current JOB!!! This job should only be considered as extra income here and there. They pay hourly not salary!!!
    -Health benefits will go up and down in coverage depending how much you worked in each month.
    -They will make you waste time because they will say you will be starting in 2 weeks so you wait and not get another job and then 2 months pass by so finally you give up and you find another job, then they try and persuade you come work with them full time, but you know it is not stable! Therefore, the only thing you can do is have a real full time job and keep this one on the side for extra income.

Please be more organized and explain the real deal to the people that are applying and have their high hopes to be making a decent living out of this job. Do not keep individuals in the dark. Also please return calls and emails when people are checking in to see if there is work available.

The best linguist company to work for.

Current Employee - Linguist  in  Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Current Employee - Linguist in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at Conduit Language Specialist

Pros

This company is response to their employees. There is an easy flow of information between administration staff and the linguists working out in the field. They pay promptly and well.
    They encourage us to be the best we can and supply the linguists with the tools to get there.
    Even though it is work that is as-needed, they do their best to bridge the gaps from our local to giving us TDY assignments or transcription work at home.

Cons

The only downside is around holidays work and get slow down. Not the company fault. It is the up and downs of the government needs that slow during that time period.

Keep up the good work!!

Application Process is a nightmare

Current Employee - Language Specialist
    Current Employee - Language Specialist

I have been working at Conduit Language Specialist

Pros

I guess once you are hired, it seems to be a good place to work, but how can anybody give this company 5 stars when the application process is a nightmare? How can you call a company "serious", when they don't even answer your emails?

Cons

They are extremely demanding during the application process and in exchange, they keep you in the dark for months and don't even tell you if you passed to next stage, don't answer your emails, etc...
    If I put literally days and weeks of work into an application, the least I expect is good comunication and be treated with respect, and if they don't want to hire me, that is fine, but at least let me know so I can move on...

Treat applicants with respect by improving the comunication with them. At least have the courtesy of letting them know periodically if they are still been considered for the possition or not.

Worked for Conduit Language Specialist? Contribute to the Community!