Confio Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
Matt Larson

1. Great people and highly innovative products.

Current Contractor - Patent Attorney in Danville, CA
    Current Contractor - Patent Attorney in Danville, CA

I have been working at Confio as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

The people are great to work with and the products they develop are very impressive.

Cons

Sometimes there would be challenging deadlines, but nothing unreasonable or impossible. The work projects tend to be complex, but that also makes it interesting and rewarding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

2. Great company!

Current Employee - Major Account Sales Representative in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Major Account Sales Representative in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Confio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

culture, team members, great product

Cons

uncertainty about acquisition by solarwinds

3. Great Environment

Pros

Family focused, sharp team, dynamic.

Cons

Traffic into Boulder can be problematic.

5. Outstanding Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Confio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with the smartest of the smart without the egos that typically go with top performers is a pleasure and makes me want to show up early every day. A flat organization also means everyone contributes on many levels, plenty of chances to shine without having to wait to be invited! The company is very sensitive to family needs and to the competitive work environment, so they are always looking to ensure that the best opportunity for pay and work life balance is inside it's doors, not down the street.

Cons

Growing fast also means plenty of change. If you wanted a 9-5 with a promise of lifetime employment, you want to look elsewhere. Also, they don't compromise on their people, if you're not a top performer or can't prove it through past experience, you would have a tough time faking it through their strict interview process.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. Great company with tons of growth potential

Current Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Confio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't say enough good things. It's a great work environment. Most people here have young kids and they understand that balance is key when managing a career and a family. I'm in sales and there truly is unlimited earning potential, you just have to work hard and you can determine your income. The office environment is fun but high-paced which I thrive in. The product is great; I haven't worked for a company where the product is so well received by prospects. The upper management seems to have an open door policy. If I've never needed anything I can go right to my manager or even to his. In the year that I've been here I've been very impressed by the transparency of management.

Cons

I'd have to reach to find a con at this point.

7. One of Boulder's Best Startups

Former Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Major Account Sales in Boulder, CO

I worked at Confio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for Confio for 2.5 years in the sales department, during which time they more than doubled in all respects. In addition to the fun, flexible, and laid back "start up vibe" that I enjoyed here, I also grew my professional and technical skills. Upper management was committed to having knowledgeable reps who were part of the team. Having worked at other start up companies, I came prepared for chaos, change, and disorganization and Confio proved me wrong on all counts. I also found them to be very family oriented and striving to take good care of their employees.

Cons

Disgruntled employees are inevitable with rapid growth. Confio struggles to maintain the culture that makes the legacy employees so loyal while keeping up with the need for expansion, at the same time filling in for attrition. While I loved my time here, I think that for someone who has never been part of an early stage company it could be very difficult to adjust.

Don't buy into the top workplace hype...

Former Employee - Major Account Sales Representative in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Major Account Sales Representative in Boulder, CO

I worked at Confio full-time

Pros

Great niche tool that does provide some value as a point solution. A relatively low stress sales environment. Typical start up perks like beer in the kitchen and a small group of people where everyone knows everyone. Lots of allowances for family and babies both pre and post pregnancy.

Cons

Complete lack of professionalism from the CEO down. Management is inexperienced and unreliable. Senior employees are allowed to bully and in general be unprofessional at will. They are always hiring due to turn over more than expansion. The lack of accountability or any kind of logical strategic direction drives much of the turnover. Low pay scale. Lots of infighting and internal politics. Internal candidates are routinely passed up for promotion. When internal candidates are promoted they are usually left with no training or support and fail.

Advice to Management

If you are going to have a technically minded CEO make sure he takes advice from business experienced people. Not "yes" men hired on for their mutual lack of experience. If you set out to hire "A" players make sure you have a culture that retains "A" players.

Good software, management team is green.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boulder, CO

I worked at Confio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, casual work environment, no drug or background checks, low sales expectations - you can go consecutive quarters without selling, and not get fired.

Cons

Management is green - inconsistent comp & territories, "day one" on the job will likely not align with expectations that were agreed upon during the interview process, no promotion opportunities, no product road map, no coaching or mentoring from management or senior sales staff, single point solution which is not mission critical. Good stepping stone company for somebody looking to get a taste of software sales, as long as they're self-sufficient and extremely thick-skinned.

Advice to Management

Build on what you have by utilizing the talent that comes through the door - before it walks out. Don't be held hostage by senior employees that view new hires as a "threat" to what "belongs to them."

RSS Feed </> Embed