Confirmit

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
3.7

Henning Hansen

Growing with lots of opportunities.... for those who work for it

Current Employee - Technology in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Confirmit full-time

Pros

Great company culture and very employee focused
    Fast growing company which creates lots of opportunities for those willing to take them
    Focus on developing skills and talent
    Leaders in the industry
    History of very smart/strategic acquisitions to position the company for success
    Customer focused/driven products and services
    Generous time-off, increasing over tenure
    CEO seems to genuinely care about the people and doing the right thing
    Not VC owned/Publicly traded which means we don't answer to "sharks" or "stock traders" and since we're growing and acquiring, we won't likley get bought by a bigger fish

Cons

The company is globally distributed, so you have to understand that there are timezone challenges and the need to occasionally travel to collaborate.
    Small company and group means people have to wear more than one hat (good if you're open to learn)
    Confirmit is not a household name...yet
    Not public and likely will never be, so we won't get rich in an IPO

don't lose focus on the great culture that got us here!

Solid Company if in the Right Department

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at Confirmit full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Typical laid back SF tech culture
    Vacation time ramps up pretty quickly and rolls over into next year
    Many holidays (even Columbus Day, MLK Day, etc.)
    Relatively flexible work schedule

Cons

Growing too fast (disorganized, too much "fat" that needs to be trimmed)
    Low compensation compared to other jobs in the industry/position
    Getting more bureaucratic with more HR policies and red tape
    Some departments are poorly run and causes others to pick up the slack

Some of the hard line stances (ability to work remotely) are causing us to oust high quality employees. We should reconsider this. Also, sometimes we need to be the bad guy and get rid of some of the employees at companies that are acquired. Not all of them are suited for what we do.

great company in the early days, losing focus, too many levels of management

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Confirmit full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

lots of vacation days
    great work life balance
    good learning experience

Cons

management is weak
    too many layers of management
    some employees are lazy
    they are losing their edge as a company, made some very bad decisions with certain aquisitions

listen to your employees, there are many unhappy ones
    cut the fat & reward the team members that perform
    get rid of weak middle management
    you have a great foundation

Confirmit is what you put into it

I have been working at Confirmit full-time

Pros

I think Confirmit is what you put into it. If you are focused on your work, improving, getting along with colleagues, you will do great. If you don't, well...

My current manager is great. Always looking out for their employees on both a professional and personal level with a hands off approach; as long as you complete your assigned work, contribute to the group by helping others when they need it, and check in every now and then to make sure everything is good, there are no problems. Business trips are usually flexible and the team is large enough now that people can cover for each other. An ideal situation for my personality type and working style. Also encourages professional growth as well. Did I mention I like my manager?

As for the people who work here - I've made some truly life long friends. They've come and gone, but I am still in contact with them and we still spend time together outside the office. No, I am not a "company man" type person (most of my friends are not from work) and happy hour isn't a religion - I just happened to meet some really great people at this company.

Work/life balance is very good. I've never had a problem with working remotely (though I prefer being in office to focus) if I had anything personal come up, and I never abused the privilege of doing so, so it works out for me. Also I have never been overwhelmed to the point of tears. There are waves of business like any other industry - but if I need help there is always help to be found.

Has a young start up feel; the company is getting larger so processes are getting put into place as it enters the mid-sized space. Remains to be seen how this will affect everything I said above.

Vacation benefits are pretty good since this is originally a European company. I have more vacation than I know what to do with (hopefully that doesn't mean I'm a workaholic?).

Cons

While I have enjoyed my time working at this company, there are a few things that could be improved. Management styles are sometimes inconsistent, even within the same business unit. I've had some really bad management, to the point of considering leaving.

Onboarding and training is pretty bad from what I've seen. We're very nice to new employees to help them get up to speed and make them feel included in office and social events, but some just flounder, and I'm not sure if that's because they're not right for the job or they are not getting trained well. For some of the new employees it almost appears like sink or swim. Sometimes you have people from the sales department asking questions to people in the technical department about sales questions - ask your manager (maybe they're afraid of their manager?).

Career opportunities are basically nil. There are a couple of layers of management between you and the C level execs, so there's not much upward mobility. Lateral movement from one organization to the next can happen, but not common.

Pay grade - it is a little low compared to the rest of the industry. Some very talented former employees had to leave because they got better pay elsewhere.

Tighten up the interview/hiring process. There are a lot of candidates and new hires who either need more training or are literally not capable of doing their jobs. Personality matters too. Hire people who want to be here or at least want to fit in.

Terrible Management and horrible benefits.

Former Employee - Platform Solutions Engineer in Emeryville, CA
    Former Employee - Platform Solutions Engineer in Emeryville, CA

I worked at Confirmit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None. Maybe you'll get to go to Oslo, NY or SF every now and again.

Cons

It's a sweatshop. Low pay, terrible benefits, most of the work you do is dull, and worst of all they make you keep time sheets. Yes, you have to clock-in and clock-out! This is unheard of in any other company. You have to track how much time you spent writing email, talking to a client, or working on a project, etc. Even worse, there is no automated system to help you with time tracking they make you do it in EXCEL!!! Management is absolutely terrible and clueless. This company is all about upper management making as much money as they can and making the people below them work like dogs with little pay.

Quit. I don't think there is any advice that can help management.

Good place to learn, not a place to grow.

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Confirmit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Small company, don't have to work too hard

Cons

Weak training, no upward mobility, too socialistic in thinking and not enough urgency in growth and career progression.

Treat the best resources with respect and offer incentive to stick around.

Respectful of employees/ good work life balance

I have been working at Confirmit

Pros

Norwegian culture is very attuned to the respecting the individual employee. Work life balance is great as is the ability to work from home. The product is actually rock solid.

Cons

Little room for growth, conservative growth strategy, organizational structure is a bit of a mess even two years after a recent acquisition.

Clear up the org structure to the roles and responsibilities are actually clear to your employees. Figure out the marketing department, it's a real shame that such a great product is kept hidden behind a crummy website and poor PR.

New Employee - Great First Impression!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Confirmit full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I'm a pretty new employee at Confirmit, but so far I've been really impressed. Everything has been great since my very first interview with HR. This company really seems to have its act together and I've felt very welcome since my first day, when they brought in pizza for the entire office just to welcome me to the team! They have an excellent onboarding program too and I feel like I'm on track to be successful. Very happy with my decision to work here!

Cons

No challenges or cons so far. Everyone seems to work pretty hard, but they balance it out with social events and we are also given lots of vacation and time off (maybe because it's a European company?).

Great Learning Experience

I have been working at Confirmit

Pros

Confirmit does a great job of hiring and keeping very intelligent people. Turn over is very low and everyone seems very satisfied with their roles. Company treats employees fairly and fosters a real team oriented environment.

Cons

Mixed messages from management. No employer matching to 401 program. Does not provide many opportunities to promote or grow into new roles/responsibilities.

Okay company... best for MR, not for enterprises or smb market

I worked at Confirmit full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solid product, financial strength, many clients

Cons

advantage tool, not very userfriendly. Not using own software throughout the organisation.

Create more user-friendly solutions.