Conifer Health Solutions

Conifer Health Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney

Stephen M. Mooney

Pros:
  • "Decent pay, some of the benefits are OK"
    in 5 reviews
  • "growing company that has good upper management"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay, terrible benefits, substandard equipment, everything looks like it came from a garage sale"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Also, the pay tends to be a little substandard and the benefits are awful compared to other similar companies"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good

ProsLarge company learned alot while working

ConsRestructuring and did not look inwardly

Advice to Senior ManagementHire within

Best company I've ever worked for!

Appeals Writer (Current Employee)
    Frisco, TX

ProsAt least in my department leadership is always willing to help. Our site Director is not only available to talk, but makes working there interesting and fun. The pay scale is higher than most companies that I have seen. The chance for growth in other positions are definitely there for the taking and is actually recommended .

ConsI honestly don't have any cons. I love my job and the people I work for.

Trouble Ahead

Surveyor (Former Employee)
    Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsThe employees are great and caring of another. Everyone is helpful if you have a question. Nice facilities on the 5th floor. Easy access to major roads.

ConsShift work includes Saturdays. Very low pay for responsibilities and skillset. Little upward mobility. Work is repetitive and tiring.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeware, just because you have access to patients protected health information doesn't give you the right to exploit that for your financial gains.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

•No accountability at manager levels - lots of cover up for major blunders.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company continues to grow at a fast pace. The pay is acceptable and appears to be competitive to other healthcare businesses.

ConsCorporate leadership team is not available to offsite staff at all. On-site managers are extremely controlling and if you are not in their "circle" you can expect to be micromanaged, bullied and treated as if you are a child. They expect you to notify them of any issues you uncover however it will be turned against you when it is revealed that those issues are due to mistakes made by the inner circle as that makes them feel threatened for lack of knowledge. Training is done by the manager however they do not possess the skills or knowledge needed for proper training which sets new staff up to fail hence causing major retention issues of qualified people. All of this results in placing additional workload and stress on the remaining staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement with corporate leadership and staff for example on-site visits. Senior leadership needs to hold off-site management accountable and verify that Conifer policies are not being misused.

Patient Access Lead

Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsI enjoyed my interaction with patients and clinical staff...

ConsManagement and no room for legitimate growth opportunities... The buddy system! Overworked and underpaid!

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople really want to make this a career but management is plagued with self-serving managers who have no interest in growing their employees...

Trouble Ahead

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ConsShift work includes Saturdays, low pay, no upward mobility. Mid-level management unprofessional with antics like bodily noises and foul language.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeware. Just because you have access to patient's protected health information doesn't give you the right to exploit that for financial gain.

Patient Access Analyst

Patient Access/Financial Services Representative (Current Employee)
    Louisville, KY

ProsFlexiable, Benefits, Growth in the Company, Great Pay

ConsTwenty-four hour call center and all shifts must be covered. Time off can become challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementConifer is a growing company. Growth in a company such as Conifer requires patience.

An impersonal situation.

ProsLearned a lot, pay is decent.

ConsWho is in charge? I work for them in a small facility and there is no option of growth without relocation, if there is, it is very hard to find the path I need to be on. I am too young to be capped out in a position with no where to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognition? Meet and Greets?

Decent pay, terrible upper management

ProsDecent pay, some of the benefits are OK.

ConsUpper management is terrible. A lot of favoritism. Management doesn't listen to employee concerns. PTO policy is pretty awful.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees' concerns and complaints.

Great coworkers and benefits but horrible management

Adjustment Poster (Former Employee)
    Frisco, TX

ProsDecent pay, work hours and benefits.

ConsHorrible management. Don't get recognized for doing a good job they expect a lot ftom their employees. Always asked to work over time and usually have to make up and bad weather days missed.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have given employees more chances and be less strict on write ups before termination

Worked for Conifer Health Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Conifer Health Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Conifer Health Solutions is a health services company like no other. What makes us exceptional is that we focus on strengthening both the financial health of your organization and the personal health of your patients… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Conifer Health Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Conifer Health Solutions CEO Stephen M. Mooney. All 64 reviews posted anonymously by Conifer Health Solutions employees.