Conifer Health Solutions Reviews

124 reviews filtered by
2.4
Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney
Stephen M. Mooney

Pros
  • My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do (in 8 reviews)

• Work from home so no office issues (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Leadership was not always available and lack of communication (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management would not take accountability for there own actions (in 6 reviews)

1. Professional company with great culture and fun people!

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a real team environment - everyone is willing to help each other out whenever necessary. Laughter is something heard daily so it's hard not to enjoy the work. Direct management is very knowledgeable and hardworking, which has a trickle down effect. With a smaller marketing team, there is always work to be done, in various areas, so opportunities for growth and learning are plentiful.

Conifer encourages healthy habits: there are usually healthy options in the cafeteria, plus a salad bar every day. Covered parking is nice.
    Oh, and Starbucks.

Cons

Benefits aren't particularly great for a healthcare company, unless you use Tenet providers. The free coffee isn't the best I've ever had... but that's why there's a Starbucks.

Be more open, especially with creative projects, and allow everyone to give their input; these can be great learning opportunities.

Conifer Health Solutions Response

Mar 20, 2015Senior Director, Communications

Thank you for your positive feedback. As we continue to bring transparency to our organization, your input helps Conifer improve this effort.

2. I have red flags flying, as promises are not kept and management not seeming to care.

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative II in New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative II in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions

Pros

I love working with a great bunch of nurses and providers, meeting people from all over.

Cons

The first and for most is inconsistency, the leaders are not on the same page of thought. Lack of training when first hired, none but they expect you to not make any mistakes. the only way for advancement is brown nosing to management as for skill that does not seem to matter.

Stop picking favorites and see the ones who give 110% to the company

3. Work Place

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions

Pros

you get to meet people of all backgrounds, co workers are great, and holidays are celebrated.

Cons

CHI is wonderful to work for; however they subcontracted to a 3rd party company for different departments. That company cares more about collection of money. Conifer is disliked among a lot of patients, they call and harass them about their money.

listen to your employees

5. interesting

Current Employee - Accounts Recv
    Current Employee - Accounts Recv

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions

Pros

Good starting pay, great cafeteria

Cons

Hard to move up if your not buddies with someone on the inside. No gym

Support staff as needed, not just when you have a deadline

6. CVBC is Rudderless

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions

Pros

You have an opportunity to work in locations other than Encino where the Executive Leadership Team is based.

Cons

Clueless, covey of conniving leaders. They are incapable of offering guidance, and they spend most of the day sniping each other.

Replace the Encino leadership team

7. the harder you work the more management expects

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions

Pros

Wonderful co-workers.Great location.Love the challenges that I take Kyle on a daily basis.

Cons

Working hard and going beyond the call of duty on a daily basis is rewarded by management adding more work on top of a heavy workload , informing.g you that you will not get the annual lump sum from 2015 forward due to being maxed out in your current job level,receiving an excellent evaluation but not receiving a merit raise.

Realize that high productivity is not the only sign of an excellent

Realize that high productivity is not the only sign of an excellent employee.Practice what you preach.When it comes to accountability e.employees are expected to be honest and dependable so where are the uniforms that we ordered 08/01/2014?

8. Misleading

Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Nurse Case Manager in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Telecommuting from home was convenient

Cons

Orientation process is horrible. Regardless of experience level, everyone I started with felt they needed to be self taught, which is hard when youre telecommuting from home and dont have leadership on hand to help you. Also, in this position, you basicly use participants personal health information to claim cost savings which may or may not be due to the "management" of their care. You "claim" to have helped the participant via patient education, or discussions with their providers, and use this information to find ways to "prove" that you saved the insurance plan money. Ummmmm...... misleading???? Im pretty sure this will soon be cracked down on. Healthcare reform birthed these temporary positions.

Refine training process. Have a universal training system. 2 and a half days of on-site training leaves the new employee going home confused, overwhelmed, and feeling self defeated. Shadowing, even remotely, would be beneficial.

9. A Phenomenal Year and then a 2.25% annual Merit increase..

Current Employee - Confidential in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Confidential in Encino, CA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A Paycheck at the end of every two weeks

Cons

No clear leadership, dysfunctional HR department, promotion is not on merit but who you know and it has some of the worst benefits out there for a healthcare company and the best part, your annual merit increase, 2.25%!

Stop being too busy for your employees

10. Review

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions

Pros

Pay stayed the same when I transterred

Cons

lack of communication among the people in charge

11. Good working experience

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions

Pros

Know the healthcare industry and all its challenges and changes.

Cons

Not getting answers to questions in a timely fashion

Conifer Health Solutions Photos