Conifer Health Solutions

Conifer Health Solutions Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Conifer Health Solutions President & CEO Stephen M. Mooney

Stephen M. Mooney

Pros
  • My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do(in 6 reviews)

• Good work life balance and management is easily accessible(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely high deductible & high premiums for disability ins(in 5 reviews)

• Shift work includes Saturdays, low pay, no upward mobility(in 5 reviews)

Started from the bottom & made it to the top & that's when it all turns into shade!

Patient Access Lead (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsOpportunity to advance, lots of positions to move too if you aren't happy with your current role. The pay was very competitive & the health benefits were okay, the first year at least when we got $750 on our HSA cards LOL!

ConsInconsistently in Management, The leaders suck at communicating with staff, unclear & sometimes misunderstanding. Nobody wants to work it seems like all the managers do is delegate all of their responsibilities and work off to a staff member, team lead & hold them accountable for it. WORKING in a hospital is the worst because you have the meet the expectations of the hospital administration & the patients satisfaction or your bonuses get jacked, but the Conifer staff 2 blocks over in corporate get %100 UNFAIR!!! Very Unfair Business!!

Advice to Senior ManagementYour patients will never be satisfied if your employees aren't happy! Remember you only have one chance to make a first impression! Get it together Conifer! You have a lot of work to do!

Best company I've ever worked for!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsAmazing leadership!! Great opportunities!! Awesome work life balance!! Close to home!! I would highly recommend Conifer! The outlook for this company looks amazing! I definitely joined at the right time

ConsI honestly haven't found anything that I can deem to be negative about working here. Management makes themselves visible to employees and genuinely cares about employees! The President/CEO is often found in the lunchroom conversing and laughing with employees!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. NO LONG TERM FUTURE

AR Collections Representative (Current Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsLocation location location location location. Start pay is decent but no growth after that. 25 cent is a joke. After taxes it's about 15 cent. No bueno. I'm out of here on the first thing smoking.

ConsThis place is the pits. First of all their hiring process is ridiculous. This is customer service not the FBI or CIA. Salary increase is a joke. Management is incompetent. HR and the recruiters have zero knowledge. They lie unprofessional have no clue about work ethic. Worst decision of my life.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the favoritism. Majority of them are clueless and have minimum education. The hour grace period is a plus although I'm never late. Benefits r so so it takes to long to accrue vacation time. The insurance is way to expensive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProvides excellent training. If you work for them, you are one of the best in the Revenue Cycle Business. Many opportunities to learn and advance.

ConsBenefits are not good. Health benefits are not good and vacation time could be better. Not many perks for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep your employees, expand your benefits.

How do they compare

Prosgreat benefits, office is really nice

Consleadership doesn't listen and they keep low performers around

Collections

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsSalary is fair, could be on the upper level of the national scale instead of lower end. Nine paid Holidays. Chance at gettting bonus but matrix for getting said bonus changes when they want it to.

ConsStressful, unhealthy enviroment to work in. Don't know from day to day if you are going to be at your job or no longer employed due to being absorbed into company from another. Health benefits are there but very High deductible with no copays or rx coverage and no Tenet facilities in area. You would think that the benefits would be better from a Healthcare company. EPIC system failures. Unreal productivity with system issues constantly going on. NO HR on site. All done by email that is slow getting answered. No real training available. Rules are made and changed at Upper managements will.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair, what rules go for some should go for all Revenue Centers. Conifer Handbook should be for ALL Conifer employees. Take a look at your employees, sometimes it should be the quality of work that brings in the dollars over the quanity that brings in nothing.Sometimes LESS is MORE.

Good

ProsLarge company learned alot while working

ConsRestructuring and did not look inwardly

Advice to Senior ManagementHire within

Mediocre

ProsGood place to obtain experience in medical administration.

ConsNot many perks such as catering, events, bonuses or things of that nature. Benefits could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore organization. Less favoritism.

•No accountability at manager levels - lots of cover up for major blunders.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company continues to grow at a fast pace. The pay is acceptable and appears to be competitive to other healthcare businesses.

ConsCorporate leadership team is not available to offsite staff at all. On-site managers are extremely controlling and if you are not in their "circle" you can expect to be micromanaged, bullied and treated as if you are a child. They expect you to notify them of any issues you uncover however it will be turned against you when it is revealed that those issues are due to mistakes made by the inner circle as that makes them feel threatened for lack of knowledge. Training is done by the manager however they do not possess the skills or knowledge needed for proper training which sets new staff up to fail hence causing major retention issues of qualified people. All of this results in placing additional workload and stress on the remaining staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore involvement with corporate leadership and staff for example on-site visits. Senior leadership needs to hold off-site management accountable and verify that Conifer policies are not being misused.

Patient Access Lead

Patient Access Representative II (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI enjoyed my interaction with patients and clinical staff...

ConsManagement and no room for legitimate growth opportunities... The buddy system! Overworked and underpaid!

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople really want to make this a career but management is plagued with self-serving managers who have no interest in growing their employees...

Worked for Conifer Health Solutions? Contribute to the Community!