Conifer Health Solutions
www.coniferhealth.com Frisco, TX 5000+ Employees

Conifer Health Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Great company with great potential...needs to innovate and automate more

Contractor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions as a contractor for more than a year

Prosgreat people, working space and growth opportunities

Consneed to be more aggressive at driving automation throughout the organization

Advice to Senior Managementhire more talent that challenges status quo thinking...

Management

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions

ProsGood benefits for management. Management at facility always there for employees.

ConsAwful communication. No on site HR nor involvement from upper management. They do not care about employees only money. No regard to tenured employees. Management which started from the bottom and are now up top seemed to forget how they got up there. Would never work or recommend anyone for this company again. Everyone is fake, that goes for all of the senior leadership, not the front line who are at facilities day in and out and know what it is to really work for a paycheck. Great disappointment!!!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to communicate with your employees, listen to them because without employees this company would be no where.

Disappointed

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe wages are competitive for the industry

ConsHorrible management and lack of communication makes working for this place so stressful and unhealthy. No written policy procedures are provided to staff. Emails are not allowed within the office between staff and management. All instructions are verbally provided and will be changed by management without notice but the staff is somehow required to know the changes when they occur. No meeting notes are kept. Management uses the lack of written documentation and instructions to their advantage to make it easier to retaliate against staff. Retaliation is supported by human resources and management. One lies and the others will swear to it and this is what management for this company considers team work. In addition, staff is told to become "stalkers" if and when they need assistance from management. This is because management is in constant in meetings and not available on the floor for staff questions or concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause management does not listen to advice, I will leave advice for current and future staff. Best advice is keep your mouth shut and when asked to "do the wave" just ask how high! Because if you don't, they will bring you to your knees and smile while they do it.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company is growing too fast and does not have the infrastructure in place to support its rapid growth

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some very nice people who work there and they TRY to make it a fun work place. But their efforts fall flat because these are such a disconnect between the "forced fun" and what really goes on day to day.

ConsManagement is compromised of uneducated and unprofessional individuals. Leaders do not lead by example...Leadership is brow beats and micro manages which has caused low moral. In the year I was there. my entire department turned over (except for the leader). Yes - 100% turnover in a 13 month period.

I was micro managed - even though I met all of my goals. Management was very insecure and easily threatened. They SAY they are open to new ideas, but they are not. Employees need to follow the rules and do things the way they have always been done. If you suggest something new to your leader, it is viewed as challenging their authority.

PTO takes a long time to accrue and insurance has an incredibly high deductible. The office was junky and people were crammed in to small spaces.

Pay is low and benefits are awful. I believe my department was toxic. Several of my team mates had to take leave due to mental health issues caused by this company. Due to the work load, (and because I was an exempt employee), I was expected to work 60 - 70 hours a week. But I was lectured about life/work balance. This company's leaders are out of touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to and respect your employees. Stick to your commitments. Learn how to identify and effectively respond to issues. There are a lot of opportunities for growth due to the constant turnover.

growing company

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time

Prosgrowing company that has good upper management

Conshard to advance. Don't feel like kissing as s.

Conifer is a business

Service Support Representative (Current Employee)
Saint Ann, MO

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Perks, some advancement oppurtunities

ConsThey only care about the business not their employees needs

Advice to Senior ManagementYour hardest workers are the ones you should invest in, not ignore or take advantage of.

Horrible place to work! Do not transition to Conifer unless you absolutely have to!

Patient Access Specialist ER (Current Employee)
Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are no pros to working at Conifer, especially in comparison to the organization I transitioned from.

ConsIncompetent, ineffective management. No procedures in place to convey information to employees. No support for new employees. No structured training for employees, even those with zero experience or familiarity with field. No appreciation or loyalty shown towards long standing employees. Expected to be available whenever they need someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with and respect your employees.

If you are absorbed by Conifer from a facility prepare to be dismissed.

HIM Tech (Former Employee)
Tacoma, WA

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company is growing like crazy. It seemed like there were contracts with new companies every other day. Certain service lines do have room to move up.

ConsManagement is more worried about paperwork. The term "micromanaging" comes to mind. Don't bother having an idea or a thought about something. There is only one way to do things and that is the way senior management decides how it should be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry being loyal to your employees. You'd be surprised at what you might get in return.

Insurance Follow Up

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsM-F hours, no weekends

ConsI hate this job, the culture & the lack of leadership. The work processes are stuck in the 80's. Majority of work is still handwritten & on paper. The median age of the employees in my department is 50! And they are all nosey busy bodies. The benefits are terrible. Extremely high deductible & high premiums for disability ins. There is no leadership & no human resource staff even in the same state. Management has no clue if they are coming or going.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvocate more for your employees

Lack of leadership

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions

ProsThe hours were great and I was always working overtime for my coworkers so it was a plus for my family.

ConsLack of leadership, this is a mentality where if you are a hooche or a known relative you will get promoted. Any complaints are unheard and a waste of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeft because of who you know not what you know. Fire your director and your upper management they will eventually get you in trouble.

Worked for Conifer Health Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Conifer Health Solutions reviews and ratings. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by Conifer Health Solutions employees.