Conn's

Be The First To
Add Photos

Conn's Chairman, CEO & President Theodore M. Wright

Theodore M. Wright

Pros
  • You can make good money on commission(in 7 reviews)

• you can make good money if you try hard(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and no family life for managers(in 7 reviews)

• I almost got into a physical confrontation with a upper management black fellow in Houston(in 7 reviews)

I love this JOB! BAD reviews must be written by bad SALESMEN!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsIt's an awesome environment on the weekends, GREAT lead strategy, EASY and fast moving POS system. Perfect closing system! T/O if you can't close!

ConsHaving to actually get off your butt and sell! (Which I don't mind)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing, lower the quotas a little.

Not a good place to work if you have ANY other options, take them.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Pros$$$$$$$ If you want to make money, it is definitely an option at Conn's. Carry the top name brands, store management in oklahoma city are great, easy financing available so customers rarely use money as an objection.

ConsOur protection plan is a joke, if you are an honest person it makes you feel terrible telling people that their items will be fixed/warranted/replaced. Since store level staff is all the customer can physically see, the amount of upset customers chewing you out is insane. There's literally 0 authority for managers, they are babysitters. They are paid to know policy and enforce it. A recent policy has cut our sales staff in half over the last 8 weeks, and I cant imagine that they will change it. Conn's provides installment loans to assist customers in furnishing their home, sales reps do not have any say so on credit granting or customer previous payment history, and if a customer fails to make the first payment on the contract, down payment made or not, the sales person is charged the commission and volume from the sale without warning 4-5 months later. Any other company that I have worked for or inquired with, takes the loss as a company. Okay, thats bad, but I can understand to a certain extent. I have had customers get double charged for payments and as anyone in their right mind would do, they come in the store demanding the money be put back in their account immediately. Remember, financing is usually done because paying large amounts is not possible our average customer is making 1500-2k monthly, and literally have no money to spare without falling behind. So what does Conn's do??? They tell the customer to provide receipts, dates and times(which can be viewed by any computer on our system) and allow 4-6 weeks for a check to be approved and mailed. It takes 5 minutes to issue a refund on to a debit card. Or have a check transaction reversed, but they choose to make this a standard "policy". Our service department that is supposed to repair or replace merchandise is so unorganized. I have personally called 3 times in the past 2 months to have a tech go to my customers home and repair the refrigerator he purchased 8 months ago. The same ref. he claimed was not cooling properly w/i 48 hrs of his purchase. The manufacturer sent a tech to service it, said it was not fixable and he should request a new one, and our service dept. has been giving him the run around for 8 months. Since its "policy", my cust. has to deal with service and my manager can't just do a swap on the units. There's no consistency with anything said from the higher management/ executives. I have watched many sales reps. get lied to about promotions and watch these guys work their butts off to meet expectations placed by the company, just to watch the store they were promised to run gets a manger that DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MANAGE OR LEAD with no warning. There's a lot of inconsistencies in our inventory. So you cant really sell something for delivery without the possibility of a customer cancelling due to the inconv. of reselecting and resigning contracts. I know it is a novel, but this is just the tip of the iceberg on what is wrong with this place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo work store level, with no authority other than that of an Oklahoma General Manager. Look at the amount of staff that you have lost since you started lowering comm. % and doing FPD's. Try caring for your employees, and understanding that we have families to support, and cutting our pay, charging for fpd's, charging $863.00 for health insurance, and changing bonus requirements is making it really hard to take care of them. Conn's is a multi-billion dollar company, give your employees a reason to come in to work happy everyday.

I love working for Conn's

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Arlington, TX

ProsYou make your own pay...If you want to make 100k a year you can. My management is some of the best in the company

ConsI do not have any complaints at all

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I learned a lot after working at Conns a lot of wisdom and knowledge I can take with Me

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe money is Good, opportunities to advance are great !

ConsIt can be a little changeling at times regarding sales everyone is trying to get it.

Do yourself a favor and stay away!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Humble, TX

ProsYou get to know nice people as coworkers

ConsThe very worst place I ever seen in my life

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop stealing from the sales people, we are the ones that bring the food to your table.

Nice place

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Beaumont, TX

ProsCulture good and hours reasonable

ConsNeed more training at beginning of hire

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more training at beginning of hire

Good ole boy mentality buy upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan make a lot of money if you put the work in. I made a great living for 6 years.

ConsLong hours and no family life for managers. Upper management unwilling to help struggling managers, instead let them flounder until they find a replacement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLack of leadership has caused a lot of your retail managers to quit and seek other employment. Instead of talking down to your employees try talking too them

My experience is excellent.

TV Tech (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThis group is very professional.

ConsBeing Salaried is a detriment.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork harder.

Horrible Experience

Sales - Commission (Former Employee)

ProsYou will learn & become a better person for your next job or you will stay and become a horrible person like the other unhappy people there.

ConsThere are no consistencies from store manager so workers are at each others throats. Managers change their stories to suit the situation and will tell people anything while treating workers rude & condescendingly in front of everyone customers or other workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to anonymously investigate the store management in all of your Arizona stores.

Cutthroat

Sales (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsYou can make good money

ConsCompany does not care about their employees at all. They will get rid of you in a second if your not selling

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Conn's? Contribute to the Community!