Connect Hearing

Connect Hearing Reviews

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014

CEO

The best employer within my field, that I have worked for to date.

Current Employee - HAS
    Current Employee - HAS

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the ability to work at the clinic level and know that I have a management team that supports me daily.

Cons

The biggest "con" so far is trying to keep up with our rapid growth ( a great problem to have).

Confused management, aggressive sales

I worked at Connect Hearing

Pros

The people in the clinics work very hard to make sure their customers are happy. Some of the nicest, warmest people I have met.

Cons

Upper management seems to have forgotten what business they are in. All they care about it the dollar amount. They have no idea how to run clinics or what hearing aid patients really want.

Spend some time in a clinic. Not just a day, a few weeks. Everyone works hard.

The Company has a great mission, but....

Current Employee - HCP
    Current Employee - HCP

I have been working at Connect Hearing

Pros

This company's stated mission goals are great. Helping people hear and trying to stay connected to the community and providing quality products and services. There are a lot of internet resources provided to employees to reference for maintaining conformity among the many clinics. Pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

Company cares more about closure rate of hearing aid sales even though they heavily stressed that they are not. Company is disorganized. Required goals keep changing. Hearing care professionals and patient care coordinators are expected to make so many cold calls a day with a specified target of evaluations booked. Mandatory weekly meetings held during lunch period and mandatory unpaid training on the weekends. Also, the majority of the marketing is the responsibility of both healthcare provider and secretary. Training for said marketing events and other required goals are left to the employee to negotiate on the company website and can be held against employees including and up to denying benefits and possible termination. Favoritism and micromanagement has been my experience at this company.

Tell the truth.
    Be more transparent.
    Develop relationships and talk to employees before aggressively pursuing formal documentation.
    Avoid showing favoritism among employees.
    Don't publicly call employees out, please maintain professionalism and discretion.

Decent Company but Management Needs Work

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Brentwood, TN
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Brentwood, TN

I worked at Connect Hearing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, good commission when I left but has since been "restructured" again, which happens often due to "over budget". Job does have great hours and most major holidays are paid and have a good amount of paid time off days

Cons

The management in the company is bogus. They never give full information about changes that are happening within the company. There are lots of sudden changes that are never completely explained. High turnover

Retail sales - BEWARE! Just another Hearing Aid Dealer - Organized Chaos

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I worked at Connect Hearing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Supportive coworkers in surrounding locations.

Cons

Continuously changing procedures without any true directions. Meetings are all about sales and goals. Patients are referred to as "customers". They are always acquiring new locations but lack the ability to complete the transition process smoothly . Audiologists and Hearing Instrument Specialists are both referred to as Hearing Care Professionals. Patient Care Coordinators (aka - telemarketers) are required to call and schedule people if their hearing aids are 3 or more years older with the intent of selling them new hearing aids.

Changes and transitions require a "detailed" plan not just a vision. Listen to your field staff, we understand our patients, demographics, etc. Eliminate the Call Center and revamp marketing. Hire people in management that actually have a background in Audiology and Hearing. Get Connected!

Great place to work!!!!

Current Employee - HCP in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - HCP in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, innovative thinkers, clear direction.... Great benefits, great people!! Best job ever!

Cons

It's a time of change (for the better), be prepared to step up and take on a leadership and own it!!!

Get CEO and more leadership from Naperville out in to the centers so people can see the vision!

Great place to work :)!

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, friendly people, and not a too stressful atmosphere. Get to relate and help patients. Paid holidays, PTO, 401K, and insurance. I love working here. Good job for me, as long as you don't need someone to be over your back telling you exactly what dto do, if you're responsible without being constantly supervised it's a great place to work.

Cons

In the middle of changing a lot of clinics to the Connect Hearing brand which were recently bought out, learning new business procedures.

Doing a good job:). Great CEO--he's awesome! Listens and helps. Not many companies upper management reach out and help EVERYONE within the company. Open door policy is great--especially, when management endorses it so well!

Worst job experience thus far

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Worked with caring people
    benefits were ok

Cons

management
    lied to customers
    lack of authority in depts

tell the truth!

Horrible

I have been working at Connect Hearing full-time

Pros

Great place for new graduates.

Cons

The place is a zoo and it lacks strong management. Not a good place to work

Leave your ego,s at the door and trust your people more.