ConnectAndSell

Add Photos

Chris Beall

Growing Company, Good Pay, Fun Culture

Account Executive (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI get to have high-level sales conversations with CEOs and VPs all day long. My co-workers are smart and hard working. Being a part of a growing company means I get to make a direct impact. The sky is the limit in terms of how far you can go and how much money you can make at ConnectAndSell. At the Denver office, we are just 3 blocks from the baseball park. In fact, tomorrow we are taking the afternoon to enjoy a ballgame as a team-building exercise. We know how to work hard and play hard at ConnectAndSell. Overall, a great place to work.

ConsAs with any start-up company, change is inevitable. If you are one of those people who have a hard time adapting to change, you may not like ConnectAndSell. We are constantly improving our processes here and that makes the sales staff have to embrace these improvements.

Great WAH job -- flexible hours, potentially great pay for a P/T job, no sales :-)

(Current Employee)

ProsVERY flexible hours, from 5am to about 4pm PST, $9 per hour starting pay is good, bonuses for successful transfers, easy job.

ConsNo benefits, $9 per hour pay NEVER increases (I've been here more than 4 years and have yet to receive a single raise). Sometimes we have to deal with grumpy people, but not very often.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about rewarding loyal employees with yearly raises? Even a little more would help a lot. ;-)

Fun company, cool technology, supportive management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros--Company is young enough to listen to employee, and customer feedback, and implement changes
    --Fun culture in a company that has huge potential, and has a written gameplan for planned growth
    --Great people IN company, Sales team best group I've ever worked with; management is responsive and open to ideas.
    --Regular 1:1 check in meetings with management; feedback goes both ways.

Cons--Typical start up pains: change is present and regular. You have to be someone who doesn't mind things changing a lot, and embrace the new path as much as the old one was comfortable.
    --Management, and some key personnel, is spread a bit thin as they try to keep costs low and staff small. Sometimes management is overwhelmed wearing many hats. But it's a start up. You have to expect that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up proactive marketing and image/branding campaigns.
    Pick a path and commit to it so employees can be fully on board.

May 6, 2014

Well said. The great news at ConnectAndSell - we leverage SalesForce.com, Hoopla, Rivalry.com, ActOn, Influitive, and more. There is a world class Client Services Team in place to support ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ConnectAndSell is the ONLY company that can help VC Backed Companies grow faster than they can hire sales reps!

Vice President, Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSo much opportunity, so much fun

ConsSo much opportunity, so much fun, so much WORK! You gotta love to work hard if you want to come to CAS!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Incredible!

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsWe are provided with not only a great many "correct" contacts but they are accurate! Names, titles, emails, and phone numbers are accurate meaning you are not wasting your day updating call lists. You do not even have to speak to the receptionists, gate keepers, or navigate a phone tree. I sit back and with our agent assisted simultaneous dialing service, I a having a conversation with an intended contact every 3 to 5 minutes! Realizing sales requires conversations and with ConnectAndSell, you just have to know how to speak.

ConsWe still have to buy our own lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally don't have any.

May 6, 2014

The Denver Team consists of hungry, motivated, smart individual contributors built on a culture of winning! ConnectAndSell is proud to have expanded to Denver, Colorado and excited to be committed ... More

Great technology. Poor employer.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTechnology is ground breaking. Super fun to sell to sales and marketing rather than to IT. Tough to go back to 'dialing' after you had unlimited use of CAS as an employee.

ConsCompany has gone from a leader to a follower in the space. Turnover, at all levels, is enormous. Not a good relationship between front line employees and management. Don't believe me...reach out to any 5 former employees on linkedin and ask their opinion. Average tenure of a rep = 1 year or less. With so many great tech jobs for early stage tech staff, avoid this company. Don't let your excitement for the technology override the graveyard of folks who came before you thinking 'the company must be great' only to discover that being an employee there is a train wreck. Multiple rounds of layoffs since I left and probably more to come. I only wrote this review after seeing the bs puff pieces of current employees - they must be on their every-six-months hiring sprint due to another round of failure of the last crop of hires. I've worked at 3 tech companies in the past decade and have great relationships with 2 of my former employers (even one that fired me). ..not this one. I'm not motivated by spite, as I left over 1 year ago, but trying to prevent folks from making the same mistake I made. Ask current reps their quota, attainment, tenure, turnover stats, w2, etc. If you can get any to talk, their responses will tell the story.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't churn and burn employees and grow the company. Your growth has stalled largely because you thought the technology 'sells itself'. That was true when I started there and there was no competition. But times have changed. At this point, if you don't actively change your culture, you are done. Although... this response assumes your care....darn.

May 19, 2014

The sales role at ConnectAndSell is considered a "complex sale". Sales Reps who have been most successful understand that selling a complex sale is a "team sport" and that access to the CEO ... More

Great WAH job at this company

ProsVery flexible hours, and very easy work once you get the hang of it.

ConsThe pay starts at $9/hr., and there are NEVER any pay raises. However, you earn bonuses based on how many calls you transfer to the correct person.

May 6, 2014

ConnectAndSell offers one of the most flexible hourly jobs out there - with the ability for home based sales professionals to make a commission on good transfers. The home based agent/navigation ... More

Amazing company, amazing product, amazing people. In one word AMAZING!

Vice President, Corporate Sales (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe sky is the limit for a sales professional at ConnectAndSell. Unlimited earning potential. Denver office is newly launched in November. Great new hire class, great location. We give AEs the right tools to sell a lot of deals! CEO is solid, Stu Schmidt built the web selling model at WebEx, and Stu most recently led Unisfair to an acquisition by InterCall.

ConsReps with < 3 years sales quota carrying experience may not be prepared to have business conversations with C Level Execs and VPs of Sales & Marketing. Being able to talk about increasing the pipeline, and funding this solution with head count reduction (or cost savings) is key to be successful. Not a lot of "Cons" about ConnectAndSell!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the rocket ship moving!

IT Engineer

ProsPhenomenal business model, great opportunity for development, world class team

ConsSales focus at the expense of everything else, startup mentality - irregular raises

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to add, these Executives are at the top of their class

Great experience

Sales (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCutting edge technology...best sales technology created since sliced bread

ConsTechnology can most likely be duplicated....scalability of company remains to be seen

Advice to Senior ManagementExecute!

Worked for ConnectAndSell? Contribute to the Community!