ConnectWise Reviews

Updated March 2, 2015
68 reviews filtered by
4.5
Arnie Bellini

Pros
  • Free lunch in the deli every day, and great location with restaurants around if you feel like eating out (in 10 reviews)

• Fast paced environment that won't allow for stagnation (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Fairly new so there are a few growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• Very high workload, with high expectations on getting all your work done in unreasonable time (in 3 reviews)

1. Best Company Period!

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This has been one of the best experiences I have ever had with a company. Everybody here treats you as an equal from the CEO down to the last man on totem pole. High energy and encouraging staff makes you enjoy your job and coming to work. Great incentives for working hard as well as unlimited training at your finger tips.

Cons

Bagel Friday should be Bagel everyday...

You guys are doing an amazing job and I wouldn't have you guys change anything.. Always quick to answer any questions we may have with an open door policy.. Love that our manager greet and talks to everyone on the floor every morning showing they really care about you and that your not just another worker.

2. Fun, innovative, forward-thinking company with fresh ideas and growth opportunities.

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Executive team open to feedback from all employees within organization
    Using the latest in software technologies
    Friendly and fun company culture - employee moral is very high
    Employees receive free lunch and a completely stocked kitchen!

Cons

It's a fast paced, technical world here, which can create stress and a breakdown in communication at times. The employees at ConnectWise want to deliver high-quality results to our partners (our term for clients). We all put stress on ourselves when we want to deliver, but management consistently puts together activities and opportunities to help us unwind (drawings for concert tickets, gift certificates, sporting events, etc).

Keep up the great work and continue to listen to our employees. There's no better time to be a part of ConnectWise than now!!!

3. ConnectWise is more than a "J.O.B."

Current Employee - BDM in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - BDM in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Our Leaders have deep insight on the global state of industry while reflecting realistic balance in the extra-curricular's like sporting events (several of our VP's play on our Club Sports Teams).
    Attitude is work hard play hard (Sales Kickoff 2015 started at UT, stopped at Busch Gardens, and ended with a Colleague headlining The Improve Comedy Club with the Sales Teams in Attendance).
    Promotion and responsibility is abundant and rapid.

Cons

Our parking garage has one too many speed bumps.
    It is hard to learn everyone's name immediately as fast as we are growing.

Adding a few healthier fitness and food options.

5. Best experience I could ask for in this stage of my career

Current Employee - Marketing Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company truly believes in and exhibits their core values. The culture encourages innovation and senior management is very willing to listen to fresh ideas. Fellow colleagues seem to feel the same way and it is a joy to work with such an enthusiastic group of people. The company is also willing to find where efficiency can be improved and adjust processes accordingly.

Cons

The fail fast mentality can sometimes lead to running extremely hard at goals that can be a tad overzealous. The quarterly goals can be unrealistic leading to some managers pushing for team members to do things with an emphasis on speed to meet a deadline rather than correctness.

Ensure that goals are realistic to avoid rushing to meet artificial deadlines.

Nothing more than a glorified mall food court, complete with kids for employees, and managers who don't care.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks, drinks, and daily lunch. Not much else.

Cons

They have very little processes in place, including what to do with new employees. You will be shown your desk, and then expected to just know everything about the company you need to know in order to do your job. You won't be given any direction, any assistance, any guidance. Nothing. If you attempt to solicit any you will be told "I don't know, you figure it out." Maybe it's because all they hire is children. Kids in their early 20's who believe the world owes them something. Full of attitude and selfishness. If you want to feel like you are back in high school, then this is the place for you. Complete with cliques and judgmental behavior. They imply the "younger" vibe is because they want to be the next Google, and they think it will help to get them there. It's really because 20-something's with little experience are cheap. Nothing more, nothing less. Plus they are desperate to get a job, and they can beat them up all they want. Unless you are a kid with no experience and just need a job, don't waste your time. Plus , you probably won't "fit in" and they'll just vote you off the island like it was Survivor anyways. Nothing but a bunch of dorky kids trying to make themselves out to be the "popular" crowd. Probably a good thing this wasn't a long term experience.

Develope SOME sort of playbook. You have no processes in place, much less have anything documented. Quit making up the rules as you go.
    This ties back into the childish atmosphere, not to mention reinforces it. Management needs to own their shortcomings, not blame them on the employee.

Mar 3, 2015Director of Community

I'm sorry this was your experience at ConnectWise. As you probably know from many of the other posts here, we are growing very very rapidly and with rapid growth comes the need to update processes ... More

7. Growth, Fun, and Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Less than a year ago I was looking at these same reviews to determine if this is a company that I should work for. I was looking for a place that could provide me opportunities for advancement and a good work/life balance. I am glad that I decided to make that move here and that I am with a company that is invested in me as much as I am in it. As the company grows we are always being encouraged to seek out new opportunities in the company and grow with the company. We are provided with many opportunities to learn about new and different technologies in classes offered every week and even pursue technical certifications. I have the pleasure to work with some very talented people that I can learn from, teach, build friendships, and make some money with while having a good time. There is such a focus on company success through partner success, and the culture is very much a work hard play hard mentality. I would (and do) recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

Health Insurance costs are a bit higher than some of the other places that I worked, but when you look but the overall benefits package it helps offset that.

New employee, great culture and work environment

Current Employee - Strategic Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Strategic Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise (less than a year)

Pros

I'm sure I'll be repeating some topics from previous posts, but this truly is a great place to work. From my first day in the office I felt very welcome and comfortable at ConnectWise. Everyone I've spoken to was very friendly and certainly willing to help with any questions I had. Very different from your typical cutthroat sales environment. Management truly cares about their employees and would like to see everyone succeed.

Cons

I have only been here for a short amount of time but my experience has exceeded any expectation I had coming in.

Keep doing what has made you successful to this point.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Sales is always competitive, but the culture here definitely supports the TEAM! Don't ever be afraid to ask anyone anything...I find everyone still willing to help...even though I've been here for ... More

9. Great Company - hard work doesn't go unnoticed!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, great work environment, and tons of growth potential! Leadership can be reached at any time and there are plenty of opportunities to stand out.

Cons

Some days may require additional time commitment, but, it doesn't go unnoticed.

Consider having a place where the company can see all the problem areas that still need resolved. You may never know who has a great idea! (even from other departments)

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Thanks for the idea. This is something that we have talked about and are working to put in place. I agree, the best ideas come from folks who are not necessarily on the leadership team or in ... More

10. Great People, Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fast growing company in a work hard play hard environment. Have a ton of fun with my role and the people around me.

Cons

We keep growing! There is so much opportunity it is hard to slow down.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

No time to slow down for sure, right?! Sounds like you are fitting right in - glad you have fun with your colleagues. Keep up the great work!

11. Great people, fast growing, and upbeat

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been here 3 years came from Support over to the Account Manager side. Coming to work makes me happy each and every day. I think of it as a home away from home. There is an outing once a month/quarter that the whole sales floor is invited to. Free lunch at 2 locations. Stocked kitchen with snacks and fruits. The sales floor is full of excitement, be in the beginning of the month or the end when stress is at its highest. Immediate managers will back you up, be it when you have made a mistake or when there are involved discussions within the various departments about a partner or an issue.

Cons

Health insurance is not all the greatest, but through the years has improved. I can only hope with the growth expected it will be better. 24/7 organization can be both pro and a con. As a global company some may have to work late hours or early hours to accommodate the rest of the world. If you are open to having flexible hours this is the perfect fit

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. The perks are great and you have been lucky enough to be on two stellar teams - support and sales! Keep making suggestions for improvements with regards to insurance - it's ... More