ConnectWise

Updated December 8, 2014
Updated December 8, 2014
4.4

Arnie Bellini

Pros
  • Free lunch in the deli every day, and great location with restaurants around if you feel like eating out (in 10 reviews)

• Fast paced environment that won't allow for stagnation (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Fairly new so there are a few growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• Very high workload, with high expectations on getting all your work done in unreasonable time (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

New employee, great culture and work environment

Current Employee - Strategic Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise (less than an year)

Pros

I'm sure I'll be repeating some topics from previous posts, but this truly is a great place to work. From my first day in the office I felt very welcome and comfortable at ConnectWise. Everyone I've spoken to was very friendly and certainly willing to help with any questions I had. Very different from your typical cutthroat sales environment. Management truly cares about their employees and would like to see everyone succeed.

Cons

I have only been here for a short amount of time but my experience has exceeded any expectation I had coming in.

Keep doing what has made you successful to this point.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Sales is always competitive, but the culture here definitely supports the TEAM! Don't ever be afraid to ask anyone anything...I find everyone still willing to help...even though I've been here for ... More

Growth, Fun, and Opportunity

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Less than a year ago I was looking at these same reviews to determine if this is a company that I should work for. I was looking for a place that could provide me opportunities for advancement and a good work/life balance. I am glad that I decided to make that move here and that I am with a company that is invested in me as much as I am in it. As the company grows we are always being encouraged to seek out new opportunities in the company and grow with the company. We are provided with many opportunities to learn about new and different technologies in classes offered every week and even pursue technical certifications. I have the pleasure to work with some very talented people that I can learn from, teach, build friendships, and make some money with while having a good time. There is such a focus on company success through partner success, and the culture is very much a work hard play hard mentality. I would (and do) recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

Health Insurance costs are a bit higher than some of the other places that I worked, but when you look but the overall benefits package it helps offset that.

Work hard, play hard

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ConnectWise is a place where many opportunities appear, me personally have been able to learn the different sides of the business since a recent transition. I would recommend to anyone who is looking.

Cons

Company is still in a phase of transition and in some parts it shows. Management varies department to department and communication can be strenuous at times.

Nurture the office culture we currently have and recognize some of the non-partner facing prospects a little more.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. Fast growth can cross communication wires for sure, but we are always working on getting organized and streamlining communication. Keep sharing your feedback and suggestions.

Great Company - hard work doesn't go unnoticed!

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good compensation, great work environment, and tons of growth potential! Leadership can be reached at any time and there are plenty of opportunities to stand out.

Cons

Some days may require additional time commitment, but, it doesn't go unnoticed.

Consider having a place where the company can see all the problem areas that still need resolved. You may never know who has a great idea! (even from other departments)

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Thanks for the idea. This is something that we have talked about and are working to put in place. I agree, the best ideas come from folks who are not necessarily on the leadership team or in ... More

Great people, fast growing, and upbeat

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been here 3 years came from Support over to the Account Manager side. Coming to work makes me happy each and every day. I think of it as a home away from home. There is an outing once a month/quarter that the whole sales floor is invited to. Free lunch at 2 locations. Stocked kitchen with snacks and fruits. The sales floor is full of excitement, be in the beginning of the month or the end when stress is at its highest. Immediate managers will back you up, be it when you have made a mistake or when there are involved discussions within the various departments about a partner or an issue.

Cons

Health insurance is not all the greatest, but through the years has improved. I can only hope with the growth expected it will be better. 24/7 organization can be both pro and a con. As a global company some may have to work late hours or early hours to accommodate the rest of the world. If you are open to having flexible hours this is the perfect fit

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. The perks are great and you have been lucky enough to be on two stellar teams - support and sales! Keep making suggestions for improvements with regards to insurance - it's ... More

Best place I've ever worked!

I have been working at ConnectWise

Pros

The environment is better than any other I've experienced. From the CEO on down, everybody is very approachable and they seem genuinely enthusiastic to help you learn and grow in the company. The kitchen is stocked with everything you could imagine and it's all free. They also pay for your lunch everyday.

Cons

The only drawback I have experienced is the pure volume of information to learn about the products and services that we offer. But with that said, there are a wide range of training scenarios in place from large classes to 3 or 4 person question and answer sessions.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

There is a ton to learn, for sure! Stick with it and be patient with yourself. You will learn and there are so many people here who are ready to help you. Thanks for jumping right in.

Great company with a great culture and incredible opportunities to succeed!!!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company with a great culture!!!. Management (CEO, COO, VP of Sales) gave a roadmap for the future of the Company and its employees at the beginning of this year and have executed on all of those plans. I don’t know of many companies that share that kind of insight into the business and let everyone know how crucial their part is in making it happen.
    • Everyone of us has stock in the company
    • They provide free lunch every day.
    • They provide free breakfast every Friday.
    • We have Waffle Wednesday.
    • They have a mid-year trip for top performers.
    • They have Passport to Success/President’s Club
    • They have a ridiculous amount of sales overlay positions to help us get to our numbers
    • All RSMs have at least 1 BDM (Business Development Manager) aligned to their territory (some have 2)
    • All RSMs are mapped to and get paid on what their Territory Account Manager closes
    • We are paid a Salary and Commission
    • They pay bonuses for being at 100% for the quarter (or basically for doing your job)
    • They pay Quarterly bonuses and Annual bonuses
    • We do a lot of sales outings (a couple a Quarter)
    • They reward top performers with reserved parking spaces
    • They provide a ridiculous amount of career pathing opportunities (but with no cliques and no guarantees – it is up to you to seize the opportunity).

Cons

My commute to work, which really has nothing to do with the company, but that’s the only thing I can come up with.

Keep doing what you are doing and xecuting on your plan!

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

ConnectWise is committed to your success and the success of our partners! I personally love to hear colleagues get excited about the career path opportunities and how they work so well with their ... More

Great Companies, Outstanding People = Good Career Move

Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with aggressive hiring plans for 2015, perks such as lunch stipends, snacks and beverages. Thought Leaders in their industries, Great colleagues. Companies fund extra-curricular activities such as team sports (soccer, softball, etc), and other team-bonding events. Promote from within. Great Culture, and a good place to work.

Cons

Hours can be long, and information that affects multiple departments sometimes doesn't flow as it should.

Keep up the good work and communication!

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

We are growing so fast and each department is adding people, I can see how information could slow down at times, but keep an eye on it and make sure you see improvements here. If you don't, please ... More

Connectwise makes working not a chore

Current Employee - Sales Operations
    Current Employee - Sales Operations

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been at connectwise for a little over three months now and it has been incredible. I come to work everyday reassured that I made the right choice when changing careers. I am constantly growing and learning everyday I'm here. Management is always willing to help out wherever they can with a smile on their faces. Work doesn't feel like work at connectwise.

Cons

Parking garage can be a challenge

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Glad you joined the team! I feel the same way...work is not so much of a burden when you have a great team and leadership who cares about your growth. Welcome!

Great atmosphere! Leadership gets it...happy employees are productive employees.

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The product is great making it easy to express the value to partners and prospects. The environment is the best I've ever experienced! Everyone here from the top on down is very approachable and genuinely enthusiastic about the product and helping to grow your understanding of it. The creature comforts are insane! From the free food to daily competitive giveaways, there is no shortage of luxury and motivation to perform.

Cons

The only drawback that comes to mind is the pure volume of information to be absorbed. In the beginning, it feels very much like drinking from the fire hose. But it's all necessary to learn and ultimately helpful to ensure your success here.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

I love how you describe "creature comforts." It's just a fact that people spend so much time at work, and ConnectWise recognizes that and wants to make the time you spend here as enjoyable as ... More