ConnectWise Reviews

a GREAT place to be!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel VERY lucky to have found a company like CW so early in my career. Not only is the culture fun, energetic, and competitive like any good sales floor should be, with numerous "bonus" perks like free breakfast/lunch, fun team-building outings/trips, but it is also a company that is moving in the right direction for success. There are opportunities always opening up, and they do try to promote from within when it makes sense.

The bottom line: CW is a serious, successful company that doesn't take itself too seriously. i look forward to coming to work every day because i am given the tools i need to succeed and work with people that i genuinely consider close friends/family at this point.

Cons

The only challenges i can really think of are really the result of what I would consider "pros." The previous review siting long hours is accurate for myself, but that is a direct result of the growth in my sales territory and a GREAT problem to have. The other challenge from our internal growth is that it is tough to keep up with all the new products we work with and updates to existing ones. Also, while there is NOT high turnover, there IS a lot of movement within the company as people get promoted or new roles are added, so it can be tough to keep up with who is doing what (again, a great problem to have in the grand scheme of things as someone who is planning on moving up within the company and sticking around for a while).

In my ten years of sales, this is the best by far!

Current Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

When you actually work here it will remind you of reading out of the text books back in college when you took business courses. You know the ones that say what great companies should do and look like but you never actually ever experience it. Well that is not the case at all with ConnectWise/LabTech. They actually do treat and take care of their internal customer first. Were all colleagues here and do not focus on the hierarchical status. We are all equal and that is what creates the synergistic energy that we have. The company culture is unlike any other. “It seems so simple “, is what the CEO Arnie has said. Now that I think about it, to be a micromanaged organization it seems like a lot more work. Reward your people treat them like how you want to be treated and it will pay off and it does! I am first hand seeing it and experiencing it daily. Work hard, play hard! It will come.
    It is very unusual to see those who have been with a company for years with a smile on their face day in and day out. It almost makes you wonder what is in the H2o here. It is refreshing to know that a culture like this truly does exist.
    They pay for lunch daily.
    Endless amount of high-end quality coffees and teas with a huge pool to select from depending upon your taste.
    Tons of healthy and not so healthy snacks.
    Daily breakfast is available, again for free.
    Soda fountain
    Company outings all the time
    Tons of little incentives that add up to thousands of dollars’ monthly
    Lots of growth opportunity, supportive management team to support you in where you want to be
    The people are great, very helpful and professional. It is nice to finally work at a dram free workplace.
    Regardless, of what I share with you keep in mind there are always people that are just going to be downright unhappy whether they are here or there. Please do not allow the few bad reviews cloud your judgment as this really is the best that it can get I personally feel and you don’t pass up such a great opportunity as there are only a few in a life time that come around!

Cons

Better vacation time. From 1 through 4 yrs you have the same allotted amount of time off.
    Couple of extra sick days, some of us have kids and you know they're going to be sick more than 3 days in a year and what about when I get sick.
    No continuing education benefits for Degrees and or Certificates.
    Healthcare is expensive for a family
    Small workstations with cramped legs. Though I don't think that will last forever.

Keep doing what you are doing! You are all amazing!!!!

Areas of improvement:
    Sick time
    Vacation time
    Continuing Education benefits
    Larger workstations
    Betteer rate for family healthcare plans

Aug 25, 2014Director of Community

Thank you for the feedback. I encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts on these items. We offer a couple of surveys annually where you can share your thoughts and suggestions about work ... More

Open doors and open opportunities

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've had the chance to work for several different vendors in this space over the past 7 years and I can truly say that CW/LT/Quosal treat their employees with love and respect. The company culture is one of encouragement and positivity. They go out of their way to create a work environment that allows for personal and professional growth. My Managers and CEO's always have an open door and regularly encourage all of us to communicate openly and honestly if ever there is an issue. I would highly recommend being part of this team if you have a chance to do so.

Cons

The only cons pertain more towards the struggles of being in sales in general. Sacrificing time above and beyond what a typical job may require, but the rewards are worth it. I do work remotely for the company so I don't get to enjoy the catered lunch and stacked kitchen every day but I think I'll survive :)

Keep doing what you are doing.

Aug 25, 2014Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback. We are all running at such a fast pace, we can sometimes lose sight of the need for that work-life balance, but it's important to remember. Thanks!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Regional Sales Manager

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise

Pros

By far the best company I have ever worked for. Culture is amazing. Fun, exciting etc... The growth has been unreal and really amazing to be a part of. Management is hands off in a good way. The product suite (Modern Office) is the best in the industry which make it much easier to sell and represent. Tons of resources to help. Pay for a RSM is a huge perk. You have the potential to earn 200k+. Quota's are reasonable and attainable. Top reps crush it almost every month. Over all it's a fun, dynamic sales organization. Very competitive. Everything you would ask for. very low turnover rate for sales. If you are a rep that is struggling they stick with you (sometimes to long) but ultimately they will find a spot for you to succeed instead of firing you which is very rare. Great job security.

Cons

While I love my job and my company no place is perfect.

Benefits are horrible. I would prefer leadership take away the snacks & soda and put money torwards benefits. It's unaffordable for a family $1000+. I know many people that get benefits outside CW. We are large enough to have leadership take dollars and apply it to our benefits. That would be a huge perk and would definitely attract more candidates.

Vacation: As a sales rep it's never a good time for a vacation. Plus, the amount of days given are very low. It's definitely tough for a RSM to take vacation. Forget about the last week of any month.

There is great growth potential for a new hire BUT if you move up to RSM that's pretty much it. There are lateral moves to overlay roles but they are not promotions. There have been few additional managers added over the years and they have not held internal interviews for the folks that did get promoted. I think there are spots where more managers are needed, BDM team, overlays are 2 examples. BDM team is like 20+ to 1 ratio.

Overall they are doing an amazing job. I trust the direction. See above on cons but the pro's way outway the cons.

Consider continuing your job search or reconsidering other job offers before accepting this one.

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of any right now, sadly, but initially I loved my position, peers and the company.

Cons

High turnover due to impossible expectations in the face of increasingly high volume workload, long hours w/o OT pay (positions are Exempt simply b/c salaried, but most are Non-Exempt), management plays politics and denies reinforced micromanagement, colleagues pitted against one another, insulting salary increases, no leadership, no cohesiveness or trust amongst colleagues, etc., etc. Any, multiple, all of these reasons and probably more may apply to an employee giving up or burning out after which they are fired.

Hire more employees or pay your current employees according to their positions appropriate FLSA status. Management should trust their employees without playing favorites, politics or casting shadows on their work. Further to that point, learn how to lead your team or department, not simply dictate an employee's responsibilities once a week and otherwise ignore them only to write them up when they're lead astray in desperation to maintain their intense workload. Never in the 10 years serving my field have I ever seen so many employees be hired to be fired after only a few months, but not before they're degraded in front of their peers, HR breeches confidentiality and jokes are passed around just before and after the fact. Although the hostility I experienced may be unique to the department I worked in, after reading other reviews about ConnectWise I'm lead to believe that is not the unfortunate case.

Aug 25, 2014Director of Community

I'm bummed that this was your experience at ConnectWise. We have experienced such tremendous growth in such a short period of time. We will take your recommendations to heart. As we've grown, I ... More

High turnover, only good for experience

Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch, and snacks.
    Good company culture.
    The CEO is approachable and when he has the chance he will address issues himself.
    Flexible schedule.
    Casual dress code.

Cons

Very high workload, with high expectations on getting all your work done in unreasonable time.
    The way workload is measured is by standards that no longer apply, they will use examples of previous workers finishing all the work when the company (as you see in other reviews is radpidly growing) has had a lot of changes this includes workload quantity as well as difficulty.
    The position is said to be a junior developer job, but it is actually a glorified support job. There is a lot of work that will be stuck with you even when you have tried everything in your knowledge to solve it. Which will lead to your manager giving you constant warnings as well telling you to stay late.
    You are expected to be knowledgeable about every subject because work will be escalated to you, that isn't related to your knowledge, but yoy cannot reassign it, but rather be expected to solve it.
    You are discouraged from asking for help outside of other junior developers, which is less than helpful because they have the same skillset as you, and roughly the same experience.
    The training provided to you is a sample coding project to get familiar with the technologies used in the development side of the job, however you won't be doing any development for at least the first three months. After that there is no training for the job you will actually be doing, which means that you have no idea on what the process is for handling your support work.
    After three months you will be assigned development work, however you are still expected to finish your previous work and the new one in the same timely manner. It is emphasized that support work takes priority over development (even thought your title has developer in it), but you won't be excused from your development work or giving any extra time. If you fail to complete your development work in a timely manner for a certain amount of time you will be completely taken off development work and be given more support work than everyone else, which will lead to you falling behind even more than you already are.
    If you try to address this issue with management you will be told that it can be done as it has been done by other employees before you.

Listen to your employees, there has been countless discussions about this position and what it entitles as well as how much it is expected of you. Its not a coincidence that there is a one year or less turnover rate for this position. ( i have seen 5 ppl come and go in my one year of working there), with more to follow if things don't change.
    Bring back meetings to ask a senior developer for help, these were very helpful when a senior developer would come. If senior resources are too few hire one with the sole purpose of being the team lead for this team. Current manager cannot provide help when needed as he doesnt have the technical knowledge require (he isn't supposed to for his current job, but the team requieres someone who does)
    Enforce escalation rules, work is passed to junior developers with little to no effort in previous troubleshooting. Make sure work request goes through all 3 tiers of support before getting to junior developments. Checking server settings on all work request should be requiered.
    Some teams have more difficult work please do not compare them to other teams with easier work, its not a fair comparison.
    Do not randomly rotate people from teams as this slows, resets what you have learned about your part of the application. If you want to give everyone a chance to learn everything then do away with teams, don't just switch one person.
    Divide workload evenly as some teams get three times as much work as other teams, this might influence the high turnover as whoever is on the high workload team ends up leaving.

Aug 25, 2014Director of Community

We are a fast moving company and things are quickly changing. You have some great feedback around being able to ask for help and not comparing work in one job role to work done in another job role ... More

Growing to fast, disorganized

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is positive.

Cons

The left hand and the right hand aren't even connected at this time. Pressure is high and unreasonable.

Slow down and get back to your roots!

Jul 25, 2014Director of Community

We do have a great company culture, don't we?! We have a very unique company or set of companies I should say and we are moving very fast, making a lot of changes which can seem disorganized. But ... More

I enjoy working here

Current Employee - Developer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work in development, so I cannot speak to the other areas. That being said, "ConnectWise" is one of three companies that include, ConnectWise, LabTech, and Quosal. Quosal is based out of Washington state, while ConnectWise and LabTech are based in Tampa. Having three growing companies under one roof theoretically should allow for movement between all 3 companies, and it is encouraged. I have seen support people from ConnectWise move to Quosal, and Devs move from LabTech to ConnectWise and the other way around. So that's a plus.

For ConnectWise dev, I appreciate the fact that the senior dev management team does acknowledge pain points and at least attempt to address them. You don't see that everywhere. They are keen to hear new ideas and willing to implement them if it makes sense.

The pay is pretty fair, but you need to negotiate that up front.

As others have mentioned, stocked kitchen with all the carbs and caffeine you could want. The $8 stipend for the restaurants in either of the two buildings comes in handy.

Dev environment is pretty laid back. Everyone is great to work with and I personally can't "see" any friction between workers I have seen at other places. Essentially they expect you to put on your big boy/girl pants and take a little responsibility. The naysayers and negative Nancy's usually don't hang around and there isn't a lot of turnover in the development side of the house.

CEO is energetic and passionate about the success of the company's clients and employee's.

Overall, I think it is a company worth checking out and would recommend to anyone.

Cons

While the stocked kitchen and the $8 stipend are nice, im wondering how long it can last as the company grows. It would kind of be nice to have the option to put $2080/yr into my 401k. That would pay me back more in the long run. Or maybe apply it towards lowering my healthcare costs.

Stocked kitchen, nice, but how much does all that cost? Again, put it in my paycheck, or apply it towards healthcare costs, or directly to my paycheck.

They still use PTO and Sick time. Just give us PTO with the caveat that if you are out suddenly more than 3 days you need doctor note. PTO is a little skimpy until you hit the 5 year mark, even then still runs shallow. I have friends who have been at places for 5 years and get 5 weeks of vacation. Would be nice to at least get the day after Thanksgiving off (have to use your floating holiday/PTO)

Overall I think you are doing a good job. I think in order to retain talent, some of the benefits will need to change. As employees go from college grads to married dads (or moms) with kids, the importance of tangible and competitive benefits (PTO, Healthcare etc...) will be important to retain them. Most married individuals with a spouse who have insurance use their spouses insurance to put the child on.

Jul 25, 2014Director of Community

Thanks for the feedback! I'm very glad to hear about the positive attitude in your group and that leaders take the time to address things that need to be addressed. If that continues, things will ... More

I really do love my job.!!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Culture within the Company is amazing as internally they provide me with everything I need to be successful and then some. Externally, we are committed to our Partner success and that attitude funnels down from the top. This is the closest thing to working at a west coast software giant style campus in all of the South East. The company will do everything in their power to help you be successful. My colleagues are great and I truly enjoy coming to work everyday. Great benefits and plenty of great perks as well.

Cons

There is still a level of service to the job so you do have to help partners that are having issues.

Keep in mind that the Culture created is not permanent but, as long as it continues to be cultivated, it will not only continue but it will grow. Thank you!

Jul 25, 2014Director of Community

It's so much more enjoyable to come to work when you have great people around you and a great culture that permeates every part of the business.

You are right, service is difficult at times, no
    ... More

of the many places i Have worked, this is by far the best!

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time for less than a year

Pros

very seniored managment, the technology is cutting edge and they stay focused on being cutting edge. The sales force is the best i have ever had the pleasure of working with. Most of all, the culture. the culture is friendly, respectful...yet not so buttoned up like most large corporate companies. The management team sets it's employees up to succeed!

Cons

the training for new hires was very unorganized and no sense of direction in the first couple of weeks of employement

keep doing what they are doing! I hold the execs and management in the highest regard!

Worked for ConnectWise? Contribute to the Community!