ConnectWise Reviews

Updated April 20, 2015
70 reviews filtered by
4.5
Arnie Bellini

Pros
  • Free lunch in the deli every day, and great location with restaurants around if you feel like eating out (in 10 reviews)

• Fast paced environment that won't allow for stagnation (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Fairly new so there are a few growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• Very high workload, with high expectations on getting all your work done in unreasonable time (in 3 reviews)

1. Best Company Period!

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This has been one of the best experiences I have ever had with a company. Everybody here treats you as an equal from the CEO down to the last man on totem pole. High energy and encouraging staff makes you enjoy your job and coming to work. Great incentives for working hard as well as unlimited training at your finger tips.

Cons

Bagel Friday should be Bagel everyday...

Advice to Management

You guys are doing an amazing job and I wouldn't have you guys change anything.. Always quick to answer any questions we may have with an open door policy.. Love that our manager greet and talks to everyone on the floor every morning showing they really care about you and that your not just another worker.

2. Fast growing company

I worked at ConnectWise

Pros

Gives you the ability to move your career forward. Lots of chance to learn and grow. Lots of great people to work with.

Cons

Hard to increase salary of existing employees without thread of leaving company. Easy to burn yourself out. Some departments have benefits not shared by all.

Advice to Management

Constantly try to take stock of your current employees and compensate them well to keep them happy. Take the advice from your trusted team over outsiders in it for profit.

I loved the people I worked with, not so much my experience with the immature management.

Former Employee - Partner Support Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Partner Support Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people
    The free food (Redbulls, monsters, candy, bagels, fruit, soda machine...)
    Multiple opportunities to move to other departments
    Young environment
    Great referral bonus

Cons

I had many more pros until I was let go unexpectedly;even the other coworkers were surprised. I even had many referrals yet after my experience, none of them wanted to apply even though I still encouraged them.
    Most of management did not have much experience outside of Connectwise which created a tunnel vision.
    They treated situations like high school instead of adults and focusing on the wrong things.
    My manager even laughed at me when I asked to be trained in a particular subject.
    I loved the company yet not much of the job because of the lack of training, actually there is no training program at all. It actually is a "figure it out or ask your coworker". I read that before I was hired yet I was up for the challenge.
    As prior military I guess my expectations were set high yet I refused to give up and wanted to know as much as possible for the partners sake. I loved and breathed Connectwise and was always trying to see the positive in everything.
    I consistently asked for more training and it was denied. I also have a disability which was addressed to HR and my manager yet they refused to accommodate my disability when I voiced my concern, which resulted in them letting me go.

Advice to Management

Don't let the good ones go because of personal feelings or immaturity. The job needs to be done and the more training you provide the better your employees will be at their job. Many employees have cried because they were so overwhelmed, men and women, yet were too scared and embarrassed to ask for help from management. I was not scared to do the right thing and stick up for my awesome coworkers. The partner is the priority and in order to give them excellent customer service, you should focus on making your employees the best they can be. This in return will be quicker responses for the partners. There is no structure in training and I had many ideas on how to improve the process yet they did not want to hear it. Management would always answer with "well, when I did the job, I figured it out." My best analogy is Connectwise ten years ago was like the first Nintendo controller. Now, it's like a PS4 controller. There are more advances to the software which are more things to troubleshoot and it had to be done in the same amount of time.

5. ConnectWise is more than a "J.O.B."

Current Employee - BDM in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - BDM in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our Leaders have deep insight on the global state of industry while reflecting realistic balance in the extra-curricular's like sporting events (several of our VP's play on our Club Sports Teams).
    Attitude is work hard play hard (Sales Kickoff 2015 started at UT, stopped at Busch Gardens, and ended with a Colleague headlining The Improve Comedy Club with the Sales Teams in Attendance).
    Promotion and responsibility is abundant and rapid.

Cons

Our parking garage has one too many speed bumps.
    It is hard to learn everyone's name immediately as fast as we are growing.

Advice to Management

Adding a few healthier fitness and food options.

6. Fun, innovative, forward-thinking company with fresh ideas and growth opportunities.

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executive team open to feedback from all employees within organization
    Using the latest in software technologies
    Friendly and fun company culture - employee moral is very high
    Employees receive free lunch and a completely stocked kitchen!

Cons

It's a fast paced, technical world here, which can create stress and a breakdown in communication at times. The employees at ConnectWise want to deliver high-quality results to our partners (our term for clients). We all put stress on ourselves when we want to deliver, but management consistently puts together activities and opportunities to help us unwind (drawings for concert tickets, gift certificates, sporting events, etc).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to listen to our employees. There's no better time to be a part of ConnectWise than now!!!

7. Best experience I could ask for in this stage of my career

Current Employee - Marketing Developer in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Developer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company truly believes in and exhibits their core values. The culture encourages innovation and senior management is very willing to listen to fresh ideas. Fellow colleagues seem to feel the same way and it is a joy to work with such an enthusiastic group of people. The company is also willing to find where efficiency can be improved and adjust processes accordingly.

Cons

The fail fast mentality can sometimes lead to running extremely hard at goals that can be a tad overzealous. The quarterly goals can be unrealistic leading to some managers pushing for team members to do things with an emphasis on speed to meet a deadline rather than correctness.

Advice to Management

Ensure that goals are realistic to avoid rushing to meet artificial deadlines.

Nothing more than a glorified mall food court, complete with kids for employees, and managers who don't care.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks, drinks, and daily lunch. Not much else.

Cons

They have very little processes in place, including what to do with new employees. You will be shown your desk, and then expected to just know everything about the company you need to know in order to do your job. You won't be given any direction, any assistance, any guidance. Nothing. If you attempt to solicit any you will be told "I don't know, you figure it out." Maybe it's because all they hire is children. Kids in their early 20's who believe the world owes them something. Full of attitude and selfishness. If you want to feel like you are back in high school, then this is the place for you. Complete with cliques and judgmental behavior. They imply the "younger" vibe is because they want to be the next Google, and they think it will help to get them there. It's really because 20-something's with little experience are cheap. Nothing more, nothing less. Plus they are desperate to get a job, and they can beat them up all they want. Unless you are a kid with no experience and just need a job, don't waste your time. Plus , you probably won't "fit in" and they'll just vote you off the island like it was Survivor anyways. Nothing but a bunch of dorky kids trying to make themselves out to be the "popular" crowd. Probably a good thing this wasn't a long term experience.

Advice to Management

Develope SOME sort of playbook. You have no processes in place, much less have anything documented. Quit making up the rules as you go.
    This ties back into the childish atmosphere, not to mention reinforces it. Management needs to own their shortcomings, not blame them on the employee.

Mar 3, 2015Director of Community

I'm sorry this was your experience at ConnectWise. As you probably know from many of the other posts here, we are growing very very rapidly and with rapid growth comes the need to update processes ... More

9. Growth, Fun, and Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at ConnectWise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Less than a year ago I was looking at these same reviews to determine if this is a company that I should work for. I was looking for a place that could provide me opportunities for advancement and a good work/life balance. I am glad that I decided to make that move here and that I am with a company that is invested in me as much as I am in it. As the company grows we are always being encouraged to seek out new opportunities in the company and grow with the company. We are provided with many opportunities to learn about new and different technologies in classes offered every week and even pursue technical certifications. I have the pleasure to work with some very talented people that I can learn from, teach, build friendships, and make some money with while having a good time. There is such a focus on company success through partner success, and the culture is very much a work hard play hard mentality. I would (and do) recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

Health Insurance costs are a bit higher than some of the other places that I worked, but when you look but the overall benefits package it helps offset that.

New employee, great culture and work environment

Current Employee - Strategic Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Strategic Business Development Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at ConnectWise (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm sure I'll be repeating some topics from previous posts, but this truly is a great place to work. From my first day in the office I felt very welcome and comfortable at ConnectWise. Everyone I've spoken to was very friendly and certainly willing to help with any questions I had. Very different from your typical cutthroat sales environment. Management truly cares about their employees and would like to see everyone succeed.

Cons

I have only been here for a short amount of time but my experience has exceeded any expectation I had coming in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what has made you successful to this point.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

Sales is always competitive, but the culture here definitely supports the TEAM! Don't ever be afraid to ask anyone anything...I find everyone still willing to help...even though I've been here for ... More

11. Best place I've ever worked!

I have been working at ConnectWise

Pros

The environment is better than any other I've experienced. From the CEO on down, everybody is very approachable and they seem genuinely enthusiastic to help you learn and grow in the company. The kitchen is stocked with everything you could imagine and it's all free. They also pay for your lunch everyday.

Cons

The only drawback I have experienced is the pure volume of information to learn about the products and services that we offer. But with that said, there are a wide range of training scenarios in place from large classes to 3 or 4 person question and answer sessions.

Dec 8, 2014Director of Community

There is a ton to learn, for sure! Stick with it and be patient with yourself. You will learn and there are so many people here who are ready to help you. Thanks for jumping right in.