Connecticut Children's Medical Center

Connecticut Children's Medical Center Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Thomas O. Barnes

I loved working at the Children's Hospital! Great Staff, Caring Doctors and Nurses and great kids to take care of.

Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee)
    Hartford, CT

ProsGreat Doctors, Good salary and great benefits..

ConsIt sometimes sad when you care for a very ill patient.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to your employees..

The veneer of working for a children's hospital wears thin very quickly.

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsKids are great, and Connecticut Children's helps make them better

ConsThe disengaged senior management team and the directors who are out for one thing - maintaining their ridiculous salaries and jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementShed some weight at the top, Marty. You have a serious problem with your management team (directors on up) that ignores the regular outflow of good people who were committed to their roles at CCMC. You should be questioning why that happens and doing something about it. You'll never be a great place to work when the majority of your great people keep leaving.

Unethical Management

Philanthropy (Former Employee)
    Hartford, CT

ProsAbility to help children and their families

Consmanagement is consistently rated VERY POORLY by staff, revolving door hiring--they manage by intimidation and fire staff when they attain a certain pay grade--staff is expendable

Advice to Senior ManagementCCMC will NEVER be a top place to work with current management practices. Top down problems, big time!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A little hospital that wants to be a major player but needs to clear out old management and poor leadership.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Hartford, CT

ProsWorking with the kids and families is very satifying but very difficult to feel time to do a good job.

ConsPoor management and leadership team. An absent Board of Directors and problematic good ol boys relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the idea of putting the patients first. Value the nurses and other direct care providers.

We are a family!

ProsFamily Centered Care environment. I feel I have autonomy in my position and my decisions are backed by my immediate manager. I love coming to work each and every day.

ConsNot all staff including management exhibit the qualities needed to be a top employer. Better consistency of making sure all management treat staff as appropriate.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to focus on making your leadership team the best it can be and if staff continuously complain about certain managers, please take it seriously.

Worked for Connecticut Children's Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Connecticut Children's Medical Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Connecticut Children's Medical Center CEO Thomas O. Barnes. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Connecticut Children's Medical Center employees.