Connecture

Doug Schneider

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Growing Company in Good Industry

Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexibility, Growth, Opportunities for Advancement- If you work hard and take on new challenges there are definitely opportunities for advancement. This company is also in a growth industry and is gaining new business quickly. Additionally, I am able to work from home as needed and it really helps me out when I am not required to be in the office every single day of the week (you can coordinate your work from home days with your boss).

ConsWork Life Balance, Training- This company is in a growth industry and is writing SOW's faster than it can keep up at times, which on one hand is good, because it means that the industry needs our software and services, but the downside is that what the Sales team promises are sometimes more than the Implementation team can deliver right away.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining needs to be a higher priority for new recruits. Please make sure you aren't burning out your resources. From what I hear, 2013 was one of the worst years for Work-Life Balance this company has ever seen (dut to Affordable Care Act legislation).

Overworked, under paid. Treated like cattle. They sell you on this family environment, but it is a lie.

Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prostelecommuting, casual dress. Quarterly company outings

ConsFrequently lay off when financially challenged. poor pay. Make commitments to customers and dump on employees to complete. Sweat shop.

Advice to Senior Managementstart practicing what you preach. You do surveys seeking input from the employees, but fail to listen to it. Get a formal SDLC with real designs, and system documentation. Update your technology. Quit making acquisitions and make what you already have work.

Expect Nothing in the Way of Training or Job Longevity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWork from home, no micromanagement - little management or leadership at all, in fact

ConsPoorly structured business with no processes in place, extremely poor leadership. As another reviewer mentioned, they will hire you on a "permanent" basis then treat you like a consultant - that means they isolate you, fail to provide you with information on the project you're on, fail to provide product training in any way, shape, form, or fashion, then they let you go.

Advice to Senior ManagementTribal knowledge is a bad thing, and lots of your old-timer managers are not management material. Period. Try adopting a policy of being honest with people about their prospects at you company - you may even want to publish some turnover rates. Oh wait - that would mean no one would want to work for you, never mind.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity to learn, grow and wear multiple hats

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsClose-knit culture (You feel like you're a part of a family)
    Exposure to Tried and True methodologies
    Work/Life Balance
    Intelligent and Well Informed employees

I really learned a lot while at Connecture. I was exposed to true Project Management, and it worked extremely well for the projects I was on. I will always be grateful for the opportunities to be exposed to something new and to be given challenging tasks that brought me out of my comfort zone. Most of all, I will be thankful for the mentoring relationships senior leaders proactively shared with me.

ConsCompensation
    Close-Knit Network

With any company, there will be times that people have to work late, so I will knock the few times I had to put in a few extra hours or work on a weekend. The work/life balance was phenomenal! The one thing that bothered me the most was the aggressive hiring they did for work not yet won. That put them in a dangerous spot to shave off resources in order to keep the company afloat. I understand that in the end, it is a business and they are there to make money, but they should have done a better job treating their employees with a greater level of fairness. In the end, this does not detract from what I experienced overall there. I wouldn't return, but I wouldn't tell anyone to not work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen times get lean, don't be so quick to bring down the axe on people. Do a better of job forecasting where the industry is shifting. Don't allow employees to interview the same people they have recommended to be hired. It can appear as nepotism.

Unscrupulous Company

Confidential (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLots of telecommuting and independent work.

ConsManagement is inept and ruthless. They just laid off loyal employees in Atlanta so they could get a tax break by moving the jobs to Wisconsin. In my case, they created my position and then eliminated it in 7 months time - really looks great on your resume. Management is virtually unavaialble to new employees trying to learn the business and they provide very little guidance or clear instructions on how to best perform the job as well as almost no feedback on performance and progress. Projects are conducted in a state of absolute chaos with a fly-by-the-seat-of-your pants approach. Be particularly careful of joining this company to work on the StateAdvantage product, their health care reform solution which hasn't even been created yet - they have no contracts and won't necessarily get any, and they've spent a fortune chasing this business which will not likely materialize for many more months, if at all. There's a lot of competition for this business by companies that are actually organized and use business best practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstant karma's gonna get ya.

Interesting work and market space. Overall management was lacking.

Lead Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExciting market space
    Some projects were ground breaking and interesting

ConsLack of re-use from client to client
    Senior management did not seem engaged
    Projects often oversold and under delivered

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a true and reuseable product for the market space. Do not oversell work without the compentent resouces to complete.

Worked for Connecture? Contribute to the Community!