www.connextions.net

Updated March 4, 2015
2.0

Connextions Chairman and CEO Jack LeFort
Jack LeFort

Pros
  • weekly pay but not really a pro since they dont ofer pay raises EVER (in 13 reviews)

• They have a school to help you get your insurance license and they pay for your testing (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management, hiring and overstaffing as well as dismissal procedures (in 11 reviews)

• Call center work that is poorly managed by poorly trained management (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Orlando, FL

I worked at Connextions

Pros

A lot of advancement opportunities and easy job that pays weekly. They will train you and help teach you how to obtain your insurance license.

Cons

High turn over. Management structure socks and anyone can fire you without just cause. Bonus structure is not reliable. Promised but not paid.

Learn to listen to your team. They are your P.O.C. Between the client and the customer. Start standing up for your agents and reward them more.

Horrible experience

Former Employee - Nightmare Unorganized in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Nightmare Unorganized in Concord, NC

I worked at Connextions

Pros

Good benefits, okay pay, and sometimes fun

Cons

Too much stress and pressure for little pay

If you expect so much pay so much

Great for start up career or temp job

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Connextions

Pros

The schedule was well balanced, phone all were not complicated or stressful.

Cons

The management can show favoritism and treat employees differently if you are not sucking up.

Treat everyone equally, become more organized, consider raises.

Outbound Sales Representative, FedEx Services

I worked at Connextions

Pros

Have nights and weekends off. Great training for people with little to no sales experience, Can take time to research client before calling and make quality conversations and sales

Cons

Petty Management, limited room for growth, doesn't have a good rewards system, will get written up for something that wouldn't have anything to do with your performance

Connextions should have a better rewards systems for FedEx sales reps setup to where they're rewarded commission (added to base pay) for each new sale brought into FedEx.

Retirement

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Connextions

Pros

I don't know. A few laughs during training?

Cons

Underemployment. They are outsourcing in America. Not a livable wage for all the training.

Don't mislead employees about job reliability.

Anonymous

I worked at Connextions

Pros

Casual dress, friendly co workers, time off

Cons

Pay, lack of accountability for employees as well as upper management, poor leadership, favoritism.

If there are rules and regulations to be upheld, than do so... for everyone, not just for those you dislike or are ready to fire. Lead by example and expect nothing less. Personal growth, comensation

Able to advance

I have been working at Connextions

Pros

There are opportunities to advance
    Weekly pay check

Cons

Accounts are mostly temporary
    If account changes your position could be demoted

Sales all day

Current Employee - United Health Care Sales in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - United Health Care Sales in Concord, NC

I have been working at Connextions

Pros

Clean breakroom some of couches can be fun. they do have activities. ahh what else, you work alone.

Cons

unorganized, frequents schedule changes. my asthma and allergy very sensitive so i would sneeze a lot, now that im not working there no more... the sneezin has stop. my coworker of mine there had bugs that bit her back.. they need a bug terminator there..

The jury's still out on the Optum takeover. But, still problem with PFP/bonuses not being paid when promised, no raises.

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Connextions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Somewhat-easy access to leadership, opportunities to advance (but only if you brown nose some...believe me), fellow employees.

Cons

No raises (as a licensed health agent, I've been making 13.00/hr since 2005). Earned bonuses paid much later than promised...or not at all. PFP not paid on time...as promised. You are required to sign off on various HIPAA conformance attestations (to protect consumer privacy...always a good thing), but still have security guards walking the call center floors like a prison yard! This company asks you to place your trust & faith in them, but have no trust in their employees...at all. Snacks in break room overpriced. The food trucks are priced so only mid-to-upper management and executives can afford them (they select the trucks). The South Orlando location has no fast food restaurants close enough to make a run in your allotted 30-minute lunch break. There have been several lawsuits filed regarding their employment policies. Overall, employee moral is very low. Take my word: I'm not a new employee with an ax to grind. I've been with this company for nearly a decade.

The jury's still out regarding the Optum conversion in March 2015. My hope is there will be changes. However, I will not be surprised things remain status quo. Pay your employees a fair wage. When an account ramps down, don't hold back paying the temp employees you lay off or move on to another account their due PFP/bonuses. Licensed agents have to take a 40-hr course and pass the State Exam to earn the title "professional". Treat them like professionals. Not lowly, untrusted minimum-wage cashiers at the local Wal-Mart.

Not the Worst or the best

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Concord, NC

I have been working at Connextions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay
    Diversity in the workplace
    Nice Breakroom
    Flexibility

Cons

Tedious Job
    Dealing with people who are frustrated and angry twenty four seven
    Management was horrendous overall despite having several cool supervisors

I volunteered to be one of the first employees laid off from the job when a lay off arrived so that a certain other employee with a family could keep his job because I'm single with no family and they let me and him go anyway to spite me. Management at the location I worked at was just bad all around.

Be careful who you choose to conduct lay offs

Connextions Photos