www.connextions.net

Updated January 31, 2015
1.9

Connextions Chairman and CEO Jack LeFort
Jack LeFort

Pros
  • weekly pay but not really a pro since they dont ofer pay raises EVER (in 13 reviews)

• They have a school to help you get your insurance license and they pay for your testing (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management, hiring and overstaffing as well as dismissal procedures (in 11 reviews)

• Call center work that is poorly managed by poorly trained management (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

The jury's still out on the Optum takeover. But, still problem with PFP/bonuses not being paid when promised, no raises.

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Connextions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Somewhat-easy access to leadership, opportunities to advance (but only if you brown nose some...believe me), fellow employees.

Cons

No raises (as a licensed health agent, I've been making 13.00/hr since 2005). Earned bonuses paid much later than promised...or not at all. PFP not paid on time...as promised. You are required to sign off on various HIPAA conformance attestations (to protect consumer privacy...always a good thing), but still have security guards walking the call center floors like a prison yard! This company asks you to place your trust & faith in them, but have no trust in their employees...at all. Snacks in break room overpriced. The food trucks are priced so only mid-to-upper management and executives can afford them (they select the trucks). The South Orlando location has no fast food restaurants close enough to make a run in your allotted 30-minute lunch break. There have been several lawsuits filed regarding their employment policies. Overall, employee moral is very low. Take my word: I'm not a new employee with an ax to grind. I've been with this company for nearly a decade.

The jury's still out regarding the Optum conversion in March 2015. My hope is there will be changes. However, I will not be surprised things remain status quo. Pay your employees a fair wage. When an account ramps down, don't hold back paying the temp employees you lay off or move on to another account their due PFP/bonuses. Licensed agents have to take a 40-hr course and pass the State Exam to earn the title "professional". Treat them like professionals. Not lowly, untrusted minimum-wage cashiers at the local Wal-Mart.

Working with Connextions was a great experience

I have been working at Connextions

Pros

The incentives & the appriecation of their employees are highly rated

Cons

The job becomes simple & less challenging over a period of time

Get your experience and get out

Former Employee - Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at Connextions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, independence, able to learn a new skills if you manage your time properly, and the staff is generally down to earth hardworking people. Once you decide to leave, the experience you earned will get you something better regardless of what title you hold while at the company.

Cons

Everyone gets the "I'll develop you for promotion" speech when the come in, just so you know. There's very few who are rewarded for their loyalty. For agent's, titles and pay rates change pretty quickly. For everyone else; come if you need job experience for a particular title, but for the majority who are looking to move up or just get a better salary, it's best if you put in your resume at another company once your experience is built up. Generally, leadership is about advancing their own careers and will put themselves first, second, third....They aren't looking out for you and won't tell you until the very last minute if there are changes that affect you. In fact, they may not tell you at all. I was not told my title changed, I found out on my own because I happen to be looking.

Automation and improvement seems to avoided at all measures. Multiple teams are duplicating work even within their own teams. There's no forethought whatsoever from leadership, it's a duct tape kind of environment; keep ignoring the problems anyone is pointing out until someone bigger and badder starts breathing down my neck.

I know this sound's personal, but these issues were wide spread. Actually teach the non agents, don't just have them sit and watch you work for months on end. Write an SOP, doesn't look suspicious that you don't have a SOP?

Even if you don't develop your loyal & capable employee's for promotions you should take the time to teach them new skills, if only to make the work they do, that you take credit for, better.

Just acknowledge your employees with set's of words like "Hi" or "Hello" when you walk past them or are sitting at the same table. Also word's like, "I know you were concerned about....but its not in our power to fix this issue." would be preferable to....not even acknowledging that a conversation was had.

current employee view

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Irving, TX

I have been working at Connextions full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good pay in Kaiser Permanente Bilingual department

Cons

management could be a lot better!

stop showing favoritism and take into consideration the rest of your team members

Not pleasant, is not the company, is the people who are supposedly in charge not resolving employees issues.

I have been working at Connextions

Pros

Good security, good training, great systems and software.

Cons

Not being treated fairly, coaches ignoring your issues and not fixing discrepancies. Unorganized work stations.

None

Optum Salary

Former Employee - FedEx Advisor in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - FedEx Advisor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Connextions

Pros

A fun place to work. Always entertaining and food available at all times.

Cons

The Company promises Salary. But that is it promises. Will be sent home early without 40 hours. Sometimes may only have 17 hours. PFP will not be paid. Holiday pay will not be paid. Insurance for one person is 170.00 plus per one month. Salary 11.00 per hour. Feels like 5.00 an hour by payday.

Management and HR. Do right by the employees concerning the pay.

Too much change

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Connextions

Pros

Not too many pros. Can work from home at times

Cons

Too much change, inconsistent messaging, salary is very poor

Get better

The working atmosphere was that of a jail cell

Former Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales/Customer Service in Orlando, FL

I worked at Connextions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Most of the managers are easy to deal with and helpful.

Cons

You are treated like a criminal and every step you take is watched and dissected ... The pay is not even close to the market.

Listen to your staff ... You are loosing good talent.

Improving

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Licensed Sales Producer in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Connextions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The client provides lunches, trips and prizes. The paid for performance has been over hauled and is much more fair. Since the new site manager arrived the site operations seem to have more class.

Cons

Poor communication! Instead of investing in their good employees they are constantly investing in training and hiring new employees. It's like a revolving door. There are some bullying issues with certain coaches and their language needs to be cleaned up.

Quality employees is better than quantity. Do not put up with employees calling 911 and filing restraining orders. This creates a poor working environment. Have management take responsibility for on going system, scheduling and communication errors. Lead by setting an example of the buck stops with them. Communication, Communication, Communication!!!!

Ok place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Connextions

Pros

Unlimited Overtime
    Good training
    Decent pay
    Nice coworkers
    Good food choices

Cons

Poor Management
    High call volume
    Micromanage
    Poor communication
    Fto

Do background checks before hiring!!!

Connextions Photos