Connexus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Don Mathis

A great company overall with dedicated staff

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI consider the rest of the staff here part of my family & everyone treats each other as such. Several employees have been here for over a decade and are extremely knowledgeable & helpful. It's a fast-paced environment & there's rarely a dull moment.

ConsThe downside is that it's a small company with no opportunity for growth and development. If you're looking for upward mobility, this is not the place.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperating from my level in the organization, it's difficult to determine what the goal of the company is and what our plan is to accomplish those goals. That said, it's almost as if everyone's on auto-pilot, lacking the drive to reach for greater accomplishments and take things to another level from a business perspective. Don't be afraid of change because we have the skill and service offerings to be bigger than what we are.

Strange, strange time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI got to have an insight into internet marketing, and how people make huge amounts of money through the internet that I would never have dreamed of. And plus, you get to meet people in the industry as a whole.

ConsDid not learn much at all - I was pretty much kept in the dark the whole time and was told to do extremely menial tasks. No one who worked there seemed like they were having a great time either. It's just an office of people chugging along.

Not recommended

A Senior Manager/Exec (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsOnline marketing is a growth industry, even in the current economic climate.

They used to have good benefits (100% paid health care premiums).

The California offices are nicely equipped with good restaurants nearby and plenty of parking. The Mountain View office is right on Castro Street, which is a fun place at night and good for lunches. The El Segundo office is right next to LAX, great for traveling.

There are some very smart people still working there, some of the business unit leaders in particular are well known in the industry and doing Good Stuff.

Unfortunately, this list used to be a lot longer.

ConsTerrible politics at the top level.

The CEO plus board seem to be running a different business to the rest of the company.

Too many reorganizations and changes. For instance, they refitted the LA office to make it smaller and save some money and then decided to make LA the head office, which is now overflowing with staff while Mountain View is half empty.

Lots of money is still being made on socially dubious offers like pay day loans, etc. They are also active in the incentivized marketing space, which was investigated by the FTC last year. Connexus were not investigated as they followed the rules and actually fulfilled their offers but it left a cloud over that part of the industry.

HR department is awful, very aggressive with ex-employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the CEO and sell yourself to someone who is winning in your spaces.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fire the CEO.

Vice President (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThey operate in a very interesting industry . . . Internet advertising is rapidly growing and you get an opportunity to learn at the company.
    You can advance your career and get paid very well - if you are good - because of the amount of change at the company.
    There are some very talented, experienced people working there.

ConsLots of re-organizations.
    The CEO and board are disengaged from the business. They don't have a good sense for what the company does well and what it will take for the company to do better.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the CEO.

Worked for Connexus? Contribute to the Community!