Connolly

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

2.8

Libby Connolly Alexander

Years ago it was a great company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

The people were so nice and Pay and Bonuses were great. Then Company grew like wild weeds and everything drastically changed.

Cons

No training. No promotions (xcept for IT) Not clear about job responsibilities

Only one bad seed, the rest are Very Nice and accomodatable

Don't know if I'd really recommend working here

Current Employee - Accounting  in  Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Accounting in Wilton, CT

Pros

Fast Growing Company that used to have very high hiring standards, since the buy out by Advent have wound up with some real winners in Upper Management. Even HR has been effected. The Standards that the company used to hold itself to and the fact that employees could go to HR when they had an issue with a boss no longer hold. There

Cons

Constant change, 2 years ago buy out by Advent, this year merger with iHealth Technologies. With Advent wiped out all Senior Management (which actually was an old boys club and was a good thing if Connolly was every going to grow). HR changes though have led to really bad communication issues and not getting any better. It's like they are scared to share anything. We keep hearing rumors of bonus/salary changes and the instead of putting out the fires, they wait until the last minute and dump it on the employees and expect them to be happy.

Although you say there are going to be no changes, get real, whenever you merge two companies there are going to be changes especially in departments that are overhead. And some managers who should have been let go and probably were on that path, have actually skated by due to the merger. When you have a manager who is out of control and the entire department is looking for new jobs, do you think you have an issue? This manager targets people and then makes life miserable, has put up walls with every other department, and then whips things up and likes to blame everyone else for their shorfalls. But still here. I feel sorry for the new hires under this manager. They come in and have to learn to duck and cover once they are here. Would I recommend coming into Connolly right now, not necessarily, but within 2 years will probably be a totally different company and hopefully they own up that some of their new hires have been sour apples and they need to sort out the good from the bad.

Connolly Response

Jul 17, 2014SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you are not enthusiastic about the Company and some of our management, including HR. I want you to know that your feedback is important to us ... More

Best Company to work for before it got big, and didnt care about its employees anymore.

Pros

The Management team were more hands on, and mentors to their employees. Pay was very nice as they hired the Best of the Best and had Pride in doing that.

Cons

Favoritism is clearly a problem in there. IT issues are clearly a problem. Administration/Clerical is the joke of the company. Managers and leads do what they want when they want, and the work is not evened out throughout the dept. You have many people that just chit chat all through the day and get away with it.

I think LIbby should go on Undercover Boss, she would be ashamed of what is going on in there.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tired of the the stall tactics

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

Team-player atmosphere (within collections dept.) ,change of dress code policy, more visible management interaction

Cons

Lack of shift flexibility, occasional show of favoritism throughout the office, retraction of incentive

It's still unclear to many, while I know this is an at-will company, why so many important issues go unresolved & unanswered. There is still a clear rift between auditors & collectors. The pay has been significantly reduced due to the cessation of regularly disbursed bonuses (which was a definite attraction to the company & position in the 1st place). Meanwhile the hiring and fake smiles continue.

Having a positive attitude, good work ethic is good, demonstrated productivity... But so is compensation. Would like to see more of a "mutual" employer-employee relationship. Auditors are not the only ones with families to support and aspirations to succeed.

Enjoyable

Pros

Friendly atmosphere with some of the most talented and diverse people I have ever worked with.
    Competitive compensation with great potential for growth.
    The social committee puts together some really fun and charitable events.

Cons

Some within the management role are not fully equipped with the common sense on how to speak with their subordinates. I walked through the office one day and overheard a manager screaming at someone reporting to them. That is not the image we want to portray to others of our company, to that manager I say Shame on you! Benefits are not the greatest and trying to get information from the HR department is sometimes like pulling teeth. I have found that information is seldom shared among departments much less across team members within the same department.

Please be wary of who you place into management positions, just because the experience and knowledge is there doesn't mean he/she will carry the company values as their own.
    Improve of the communication skills and offer management training programs.

Connolly Response

Jun 18, 2014SVP, HUman Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We take great pride in both the diversity and talent of our team members. We are constantly reviewing our compensation and benefits programs to ensure they are ... More

Great company, Great co-workers! - Perspective from an IT/Data standpoint

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wilton, CT

Pros

The people who work at Connolly are very technically advanced and are willing to train and share knowledge. The culture is great and the company is growing in leaps and bounds. Great pay. The work may not involve the most leading edge technology, but it will push your knowledge of technologies to the edge. Uses SQL backend for in house data warehouse, homegrown MS Access front end (Access and VBA pushed to the max as far as what it can do, very impressive)

Great raises and promotions I have been working here for over 5 years and have doubled my initial salary since starting here. I might be an exception but I think that most people here who do well get taken care of. Good bonus every year of almost 10%.

Great opportunity to learn the healthcare business, Retail business is flat and not much growth. But healthcare is flourishing. They encourage thinking out side the box and are always looking for creative solutions.

Cons

Growth opportunities in some locations are tough. The opportunity for career growth is abundant at Connolly, just in some of the field offices not in the Home (Wilton, CT) office. Not working with the most recent and best tech, this is tough when looking to advance in a different tech field. ETL tool is obscure and uses obscure language.

Going through growth changes, can be unsteady at times, but in the end the company will come out on the other side as a larger more established employer. not sure how it will look in the next year. Potential to lose the "family like" environment that made it great.

Transparency. Keep in mind the things that made Connolly great for years when growing and moving up in scale. Do not lose focus on the people.

Analyst

Pros

Great Work environment! Opportunity to grow and get training.

Cons

The only minor issue is our network is sometimes slow.

Keep up the great work!

If you are incompetent and would like to be overpaid for ruining other humans, this is the place for you

Current Employee - Auditor  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Auditor in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

good work-life balance regarding time

Cons

Only people who are completely immature and lacking in general intelligence are promoted from what I've seen. This is a truly awful environment for those with any intelligence and want to be treated like a human. All the worthwhile people flee. All that are left are people who are insanely overpaid and so defensive about it that they spread their nasty feeling everywhere. Please figure out your strategy and hire real managers instead of promoting these idiots.

Do you even know what leadership is? Take a class.

Extremely motivating management team

Current Employee - Junior Auditor  in  Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Junior Auditor in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

There is so much flexibility in hours, that you could never be late for work. As long as you work 40 hours a week and your there during the core hours which is 9:30am to 2:00pm.

Cons

They changed the junior auditors from salaried to hourly. Payroll and benefits department has no idea what they are doing. They constantly mess up paychecks and benefits. They have poor communication when needing to get issues resolved. The work is very tedious and difficult but the environment is friendly.

Enjoyable company to work for, Good for career excellent for Technology!

Former Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Wilton, CT
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Wilton, CT

Pros

Connolly will change you for the better. The company teaches you how to become better organized. They are heavy on detail and documentation and drive you to a higher standard. They are on the cutting edge of technology, you will be able to get your hands on multiple technology systems. Rewards for hard work are fantastic. The team is very anti-silo, everyone carries the load. Get salary for the role.

Cons

Connolly is VERY fast paced and the work environment can become very stressful. Some policies and procedures can get a little frustrating, as they are very, very security conscience. My worst issue was simply my commute, driving from New Haven area into Wilton is a nightmare and will wear on you rapidly, make sure you live close to the office.

My experience with all my managers was very positive. I was supported in my work, given assistance if my load was too great and complimented when a job was well done. My manager always had my back and went to bat for me and my entire team multiple times. Keep that up!

Worth noting: Larry Connolly is no longer the CEO. The new CEO is Libby Connolly.

Worked for Connolly? Contribute to the Community!