Connolly Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
J. Douglas Williams

Pros
  • good work-life balance regarding time (in 4 reviews)

• Semi-Flexible work schedule, co workers are nice, the area is nice (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • This company must learn that the hourly staff works just as hard as the auditors and should be compensated for that hard work (in 2 reviews)

• Can have a timeclock mentality versus goal based work environment (in 2 reviews)

Evolving place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Connolly (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work environment. Management is accessible and available. New challenges each day that require you to grow professionally. Change and growth!

Cons

Communicaton can be worked on for improvement.

Advice to Management

Continue to work toward improving in areas of communication.

Great opportunities!

Current Employee - Auditor in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Connolly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, comparable benefit packages, and the company is full of knowledgeable new and tenured employees. This company is rapidly growing and offers many opportunities for individuals with great work ethics. If you have a mindset of work hard/play hard, this is the place for you. I'm excited to be a part of this evolving culture.

Cons

As a whole, the company still has some work to do to create an ideal work environment and culture.

Advice to Management

Find ways to encourage employees at all levels that progress is impossible without change; likewise enforce a mentality that those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. (George Bernard Shaw)

Where dreams go to die

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Connolly full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. All computer programs break nonstop and when they work, the speed of them is painfully slow. The only thing I enjoy is the flexibility of my schedule.

Cons

Management plays favorites and continue to bring new employees in at the wrong level. It is extremely hard to move up. If you work in IT definitely do not work here unless you want all of your skill sets to diminish. All data is not even close to being normalized.

Advice to Management

Update all software and some how fix the data structuring. Implementing the new common data model is not going to fix the issues at hand. Also stop using Microsoft Access as a front end.

Run from this place ASAP!

Current Employee - Auditor in Frisco, TX

I have been working at Connolly (More than 5 years)

Pros

The new office location in Frisco provides needed room for the auditors and the office amenities are far better than the previous locations which were cramped and miserable.

Cons

The place is literally ran by a clique of people whom are shown favoritism around every turn, and treat everyone else like they are parasites. They come in and out of work at any time of their choosing, are awarded private offices, and worse of all depending on who you know promotions are handed out for seemingly no justifiable reasons and no announcement is ever made letting the office know it has happened. You are left to find out through rumors and gossip. The Vice Presidents and HR Managers are openly mocked by the clique each day, they say all you have to do is complain to them and you will be given anything you want in order to avoid embarrassing them, and the managers openly talk about finding other jobs. Moral is at an all time low and people are feed up and beginning to leave.

Advice to Management

Management, and especially HR management, needs to realize a culture needs to be pushed that recognizes, and treats every person the same. HR must change the position of not announcing promotions, it causes the office to become suspicious and question the leadership which kills morale. If the favoritism issue can be addressed this could really be a great place to come and work again, but it's been years with no change in fact it seems to be getting worse.

Not the same company anymore...

I have been working at Connolly full-time

Pros

Company is growing in size and adding more clients.

Cons

Morale is down. Opportunities for advancement seem to be either who you know or becoming less internal and more external. Pay has drastically dropped for auditors. Benefits could be better. It just hasn't been the same since the merger.

Advice to Management

Take better care of the people that helped get the company where it is today. Many of them have left, had to take a pay cut, or are close to leaving.

audit support staff

Current Employee - Audit Support
    Current Employee - Audit Support

I have been working at Connolly (More than a year)

Pros

My team is filled with kind, motivated, team oriented people. the flexible hours and relaxed dress code are the only pros in my mind.

Cons

Though my team is one of the only positive points, unfortunately we are treated more like "the help". more and more work is piled on by both auditors and management. no positive reinforcement is present. the more work we do, the more we accomplish, the more we are berated and put down. there is no incentive that's exists for the support staff. managers will not discuss raises for our hard work. the company is more concerned with image and greed vs advancing hard working "lower level" staff. don't even get me started on the negative, oppressive environment we work in every single day. become a favorite with management and you are golden. if you plan to let your work speak for itself, you will never get noticed. with more then 15 years of experience in this field, i have never worked for a company with such contempt for those that work hard. as soon as i find my way out, i will have no qualms leaving this hell hole behind.

Advice to Management

Where do i start.... value ALL employees, first and foremost. without the support staff, the audit would not move as efficiently as it does, so take notice of that and show appreciation instead of treating us like mules. with the kind of budget this company sets, incentives are very possible for all staff. only ceo's, vp's and big talkers are rewarded while the rest of us are left to live on low pay and awful benefits. if this company cared about its people, my opinion would be completely different. however, the ever present greed looms over us every day. bottom line, we are not valued. we are not appreciated. it is made very clear that if we complain we can be easily replaced.

Beware

I have been working at Connolly full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Some good people remain (for now). Interesting business.

Cons

Drastic departure from culture that made this company great. Politics and favoritism rule the day. Recent comp model changes have reduced pay levels. Low morale.

career suicide

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Connolly

Pros

Coworkers are nice and helpful. Try to keep morale up in awful environment.

Cons

Dramatic reduction in pay. New accounts being brought in an handed to inexperienced managers. Managers with zero healthcare knowledge expected to lead a HEALTHCARE audit. Have let good managers leave organization and failed to replace. Lack of direction from senior leadership, especially after several broken promises. Benefits extremely expensive and no paid time off (hours don't go in pool so you essentially are not paid)

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people with no background in the business and expect company to run as normal. Hire competent account receivable personnel so you can collect and employees get paid.

Lack of transparency and direction

I have been working at Connolly full-time

Pros

Connolly has been good at rewarding high performers and provide opportunity for advancement. But recently, favoritism plays a big part on being promoted.

Cons

Lack of direction and transparency due to merger. Morale is spiraling down for the past 2 years. Directors and up are more interested in playing politic vs. advancing the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

The CEO should set clear vision for the company and its executives. Provide directions on how to execute as a merged company.

Stay away

I have been working at Connolly full-time

Pros

able to do whatever you want, flexibile hours, good amount of time off

Cons

zero communication company wide, claim there is room for advancement but there is none, management does not know what is going on

Advice to Management

get new management in the door

RSS Feed </> Embed