Conover Tuttle Pace Reviews

Fred Conover

1. An amazing internship experience

Current Intern - Creative Intern in Boston, MA
    Current Intern - Creative Intern in Boston, MA

I have been working at Conover Tuttle Pace as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

CTP has been my home while I cross the divide between graduating college and moving to a full-time job. The agency provides a wonderful support base for interns as they begin their careers in Advertising & PR. However there is no hand-holding here. Your internship is what you make it. As a creative I was fully responsible for delegating my own workload and judging how much to take on at any one time. I found this was a necessary and much-needed push to prepare myself for the next step.

Cons

I don't consider this a con really but some people may be put-off by the lack of guidance. All it means is that you will be seen as an intern, seen as a temporary part of the agency who doesn't have much to contribute, unless you put in a solid effort to contribute to projects and show what you are capable of. Each campaign will be handled by a different-sized team so it is up to you to work with as many different people as you can. Also, this is a small company so there will be limited growth opportunities. Don't assume that you will be hired here even if you are a star intern. However, CTP's reputation should benefit you moving forward.

Advice to Management

Keep up the support of students and new graduates.

Awesome internship

Former Intern - PR Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - PR Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience as a college student!

Cons

None, this was a fabulous internship! It led me to absolutely wonderful opportunities and everyone was very helpful.

Talented teams, poor communication.

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace (More than a year)

Pros

So many talented people who work here with lots of potential for growth.

Cons

Unfortunately seemed like there was a lot of talking behind closed doors. Overall poor communication between upper management and employees.

Challenging work environment with great culture and unique benefits!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Conover Tuttle Pace (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great for gaining lots of experience. Small agency gives lots of opportunity to dig in to areas/projects of interest. If you speak up, management listens/considers ideas. Company has a comprehensive employee program to allow for people to engage in professional development, philanthropy and health/wellness activities. Its a very unique benefit to have a company with a program dedicated to helping people grow as professionals and feel good as individuals.

Cons

Some people don't like to wear lots of hats. Those folks don't last long.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people!

Best agency I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Vice President Management Supervisor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President Management Supervisor in Boston, MA

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely Family Friendly Egos are left on the curb on the way in Fair, Fun, Forward Thinking Talented crew

Cons

As a result of size, some departments are missing (art buying, legal).

Advice to Management

Senior Management, remain approachable. Don't lose sight of the family friendly environment as you grow. Make sure everyone in the agency is getting reviews/feedback. Everyone can use constructive criticism.

This was my favorite of my four internship experiences, and I strongly recommend it.

Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

-Strong company culture/work environment -High profile clients -Strong senior management/partners

Cons

-Mid-size agency (about 55 employees) so not hiring as often as larger firms

Advice to Management

Maintain the company culture you've cultivated and people will want to continue working at CTP.

A great agency experience

Former Employee - Account Team in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Team in Boston, MA

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are very talented people at CTP. They make you strive to create better work, better ideas. Half the agency are from big shops and thrive without all the ego and red tape/process. CTP is a family. They care about you. And they believe in offering work/life balance. They don't just offer it as a benefit, they really deliver on it. CTP promotes from within and presents opportunities for employees to get involved. Loved the Book club, organic foods and all the outings and parties.

Cons

Not as many resources as larger agencies.

Advice to Management

Continue to retain the culture. You have created a special place and an agency unlike any I have ever worked for.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team-oriented, supportive, integrated environment. Senior management is involved, creative and willing to work with you. There is collaboration between all departments allowing broad range of experience across departmental 'borders'. Definitely a group that lives by the 'work hard, play hard' mantra.

Cons

Little structure for growth while I was there, but think as the company has grown that has changed.

Overall Not a Cool Place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace

Pros

Cool atmosphere. it feels more like an ad agency than anything else. Cool office. PR team is awesome. They do great work for great clients.

Cons

During my stay at CTP, I really only got to know a small group of people. Everyone kind of stays within their own team - which is to be expected, but coming from another agency where everyone interacted, it wasn't my favorite aspect.

Advice to Management

Not sure there's anything management can do about it. Keep the culture happy and interactive. Add more PR people!

Efforts Placed in All the Wrong Areas...

I worked at Conover Tuttle Pace

Pros

- Very talented creative team, this agency is creative focused to the MAX - Client base is full of fun sports and entertainment brands - Growth has been stable and consistent - Great office centrally located in Boston's North End

Cons

- Compensation is well below industry standards - Benefits are limited due to company size - Senior Management spends too much time developing their own clients and no time cultivating their team - Zero mentoring, if you a looking for someone to set an example for you this is not the place to be. No time is dedicated to professional development or internal team growth - "Fake it till you make it" mentality has been strongly adopted. Many tasks and pieces of business are pitched/acquired without the internal knowledge or skills to execute. As a result programs are failing. - No effort is placed on ROI, not sure how client roster is maintained without being held accountable for their return on large investments

Advice to Management

- Work harder on building the people around and pay people what your competition does. The excessive turnover would reduce greatly.

RSS Feed </> Embed