Consilium Staffing

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
3.8

Matthew Baade

Great opportunity for a strong future!

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hands down best company I've worked for in my 15 years of sales. They really hammer in on how much they value their employees and those words are not at all empty. I can say even though I've only been with the company a short while I've really seen how they are honest in their appreciation. Even the smallest accomplishments are recognized as great. Watch, this company will go far! I've been a part of a few companies with a worthwhile investment to a thriving future, however you have to starve to make it to the top irrespective of your true talent and hard work. That is not the case here, not at all. I am able to put forth the effort to move up without sacrificing a solid income for my family as well as not having to play politics to the top. I know I've chosen the right company to invest my talents in! If you are serious about working hard and building a future this is definitely a company to consider!

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons.

Keep it up!

Think twice if you want a life …..and happy work environment

Current Employee - Sales in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Irving, TX

I have been working at Consilium Staffing

Pros

Nice work environment - nice building and everyone seems tired but friendly. It's a Faith based company which is a nice change…..

Cons

Long Long Long hours not human to sit here for hours and the pay was over promised so far and un delivered. It will take months if not years before you even see commission checks for your hard work and long hours which cuts into little to no personal life. Believe me you earn every penny and all these promises of making partner and grow with us - well haven't seen that and it comes with a cost…..Your life and stress level. So if your wanting long hours 50 plus hour work weeks where they watch your every minute - clock in and clock out …….with little to no reward for a very long time if even then and you like sitting at a desk for hours pumping out 100 plus calls like a telemarketer then its the job for you.

Lighten up - maybe do more team building outside of work…. not make it such a sterile environment - maybe even bring in lunch once in awhile especially with the hours that are expected ….. make people want to be happy to come to work especially with the long hours that are expected and the minimum holiday breaks. Be a little more understanding …

A Company for Producers

Former Employee - Client Sales Consultant in Irving, TX

I worked at Consilium Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you're passionate about selling and can thrive in a 100% inside, phone-based environment- look no further than Consilium. The opportunity to advance is certainly in reach for those who want it. They look for future leaders in their employees, and if the effort AND results are there, they'll make good on that promise. The people in leadership are highly accessible and there for you to lean on--something you may be hard-pressed to find elsewhere. Built-in mentorship, a fun company culture, and teamwork are the defining elements of Consilium. If you bring your best to this company, it'll be its best right back to you.

Cons

This company/role is NOT for the faint of heart. That goes for any of the three primary production roles (client sales, recruiter, account manager). You WILL work 45+ hours a week, and you WILL be held accountable to specific phone and production metrics. Results are king. The team mentality goes far beyond a mindset here--it's literally the mechanics of it all. No one role can be successful without the others, so cohesive efforts are absolutely necessary to the individual's success. None of this is "negative," but the people who don't last are the ones not mentally able to embrace these challenges.

Listen to the thoughts and needs of your employees, and don't assume the worst when they seem frustrated. It's a tough job, so guidance and empathy are beyond necessary if retention is your goal.

Great company to gain inside sales and consulting experience

Former Employee - Recruiting in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Recruiting in Irving, TX

I worked at Consilium Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work-life balance was great. I also valued the learning experience in a recruiting position; overcoming the challenges of objections from healthcare providers.

Cons

I don't know what to say here. I think the office environment is enjoyable IF you have been there for a long time; very much of a "cool-kids club". Also, I was bored to death because there was not any people interaction. You are stuck in a cube all day making 100+ cold calls; however, understanding that this is part of how they conduct business, which is perfectly fine, but I learned quickly that it was just not for me.

More one-on-one time w/ mentor(s) to discuss job performance.

Great company and awesome environment

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and have a true vision for future growth, there is no better company to join. Being able to grow professionally alongside your company as a whole is an opportunity that's hard to find many other places. The partners here work harder than anyone. They are on the phones producing with their teams day in and day out. The long term pay offs of investing your time in a career here are huge. The negative reviews on here are pretty funny. Claiming that the environment is both metrics driven and political doesn't even make sense. If you work hard here you will produce and be rewarded for it. If you don't work hard and come to punch a clock every day, you will not produce and your probably not going to make it here. Nothing political about that, pretty simple. As I said before the partners here work harder than everyone. They're doing the same job I you will be doing and much more. The partners provide the training every day. Everyone else in the office is always more than willing to help out new hires as well. Your not going to find that a lot of places . Bottom line, great company, awesome environment and a great place to build a career.

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep doing what your doing

Great faith Based Company that sets you up for success!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent training, Servant leadership
    Great Company Culture
    Huge potential for growth.
    Great mentoring in your role.
    You control your destiny here. The effort you put in directly correlates to the bonuses you make and success you have within the company. If you put in the time and effort up front you will get great rewards on the back end.
    Company values are reflected in the leadership and each employee.

Cons

No covered parking. Company is a young start up (3.5 years old) so there are still some growing pains. That said, it opens up the door for huge returns for those who come on board.

Keep up the Servant leadership mentality and transparency!

The best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I kind of giggled reading a couple of the other reviews that were mentioned. I've never had more respect for a leadership team in my life. I've worked for places where you have the person at the top belittling you asking you to do something that they'd never do themselves. This company has a lead by example type of mentality, and the original founders are working longer and harder that anyone else here. They are on the phones with their teams contributing to the overall success. The person that complained about making 80 calls per day, I mean really? You took an inside sales job, what did you think you'd be doing? :) This company has very high moral and ethical standards and they DO run their business based on core biblical principles. With that said, it is still a business. And people are paid to perform. You can give someone all the resources and training, but if it's not translating into results, decisions have to be made. Maybe that's upsetting to some, but I definitely understand that. If I owned a business, I wouldn't continue to pay a salary to someone that isn't making the progressions they need to be making..

Cons

Maybe the hours for people looking for just a job with a 9-5 mentality. This is a career move. We work longer than most, but nothing too crazy, like 45-50 hours. Try working restaurants or selling cars. But it's because it's necessary, and the company is in a start-up mode and we are rapidly expanding. It's all about the mindset. There are limitless growth opportunities for the individuals who understand that and are willing to put in the effort and face and persevere through the adversities that come with growing a business.

Keep doing what you're doing. I love the monthly meetings and the positive energy that comes from that. The only thing I'd like to see more of would possibly see an occasional off-site event where people could get to know their teams away from work with like a picnic or barbecue of some sort..

GREAT PLACE - Leadership Develops - Faith Driven and Promotions Encourages - All Schedules available for Dr. Staffing

I worked at Consilium Staffing

Pros

Leadership, development, promotions, schedules, all great... Faith driven, my first company to keep God first..

Cons

No cons to report. I couldn't identify one negative thing. Very Very good to workers

Very excited for the opportunity, very disappointed once I learned the truth behind the company

I worked at Consilium Staffing full-time

Pros

Growth potential is here if you can stick around for long enough and put up with the politics of the company. It is very much a metrics driven company, if you hit your goals and get in good with upper management you are golden.

Cons

Long, long, long days of sitting inside making 80+ phone calls a day. Very "popular kids" culture. Growth takes a lot more time then recruiters will tell you. Most will not promote for at least 2 years. It is a start up company, so they expect you to work longer and harder hours then the average 9-5 gig.

Go back to the true core and ethics of which you started this company. "Faith based" is a marketing slogan at this point. There is nothing about this company that is run with "faith based" as its foundation. The bottom line, and money are what drives this company.

They give you false hopes of what you can do and the money you can make. I was over worked 50+hr and under paid.

Former Employee - Client Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Client Sales Consultant

I worked at Consilium Staffing full-time

Pros

They have a friendly environment to work in, but it is very metrics driven. If you can do the long long long hours and produce there is room for growth although it takes some 2 years to advance. Rather than the 6-9 months they tell you.

Cons

False promises. They do not invest in their employees and have false expectations of what they expect of you. I worked there a few months and saw 10 people fired and that many people quit. They preach "faith based" but I saw nothing when it came to how they treat their employees. Very "office politics driven" aka fake. I had very high hopes when I started, but it only took a few months to realize what was going on. They are just like every other company that they claim to not be.

Show more commitment and investment to your employees.