Consilium Staffing Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Matthew Baade

Team members are supportive and go out of their way to help you succeed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Consilium Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

I’ve been with Consilium for a little over two years as their Professional Development Pastor, working with leaders and team members. It’s been one of the highlights of my career. The company has a servant philosophy and bases their behaviors with their internal and external clients on the relationship passages in the Bible. The organization is considered faith based where prayer and Bible study are part of the culture. Misunderstanding of what faith-based means often creates unrealistic expectations. Consilium is a for profit business environment and team members have performance expectations that must be met. Consilium follows staffing industry best practices. Training and mentoring are provided to help team members reach their goals. Teams have regular training, Coachable Moment articles are sent out bi-monthly and feature motivational and skill building themes, and all leaders attend monthly Roundtable discussions to develop their leadership skills. Accountability is handled in a way that provides an opportunity for growth. When performance consistently does not meet expectations, a career decision is the natural result. Consilium’s faith based philosophy does not mean a perfect environment. Leaders and individual team members are in continuous improvement to grow and demonstrate servant behaviors. There are times when things will be said and done that do not reflect servant spirit behaviors. When that happens, the appropriate response is to acknowledge inappropriate behavior, seek to repair any damage done, and commit to continue to grow in excellent service to internal and external clients. Staffing is demanding and the Consilium environment provides hard working, engaged team members the support to make this a long term productive career path.

Cons

The environment is intense and regular off site fun activities would be great.

Advice to Management

Listen to team members and evaluate their input to create engagement.

2. Recruiting Consultant

I worked at Consilium Staffing full-time

Pros

Positivity gleans through the office

Cons

Pay/vacation needs to be increased

Advice to Management

Think about the little guys

One of the most immoral "Faith-based" companies I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Operations in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Operations in Irving, TX

I worked at Consilium Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are friendly, decent office setup. There really isn't much to say here. This place is not what it was when I started working there over 2 years ago. Don't be fooled by the photos they added to give the perception of teamwork and a fun working environment. They have negative reviews for a reason.

Cons

Poor/immature/vindictive leadership - retaliate and very unprofessional, poor benefits, NOT FAITH-BASED as they claim to be, absolutely no compassion for their people, you won't survive here unless you are in with someone from "the old shop" or are great at brown-nosing, they don't seem to care as much about a quality job as they do making money, managers dock your pay if they see you're in overtime since hourly employees aren't allowed to have overtime. IF AND WHEN YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE, DON'T GIVE NOTICE, THEY WILL LET YOU GO RATHER THAN BE PROFESSIONAL AND ACCEPT YOUR NOTICE AND LET YOU FINISH OUT YOUR TIME. The list goes on and you're better off not taking the personal risk that comes with working for this company.

Advice to Management

Listen to the advice your people have already given. Don't give a survey asking what needs to improve and do nothing with it. Don't jump to conclusions based on heresay, do your due diligence and find out what the truth is behind what you're being told. Watch your managers closely; they have had the wool pulled over your eyes for quite some time. And quit labeling yourself as a faith-based company - you offer no grace, no compassion. You can't just slap a few statements on the wall and go to biblical-based meetings and call yourself faith-based. It's in how you lead and treat your people. Just stop with the facade already - people see straight through it!

Consilium was a dissapointment

Former Employee - Client Sales in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Client Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at Consilium Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good team members..very nice people who unfortunately believed the Great Vision of Consilium

Cons

The story of Consilium Staffing is a tragedy. A sad story of what this company could have become. Unfortunately the partners have not fuigured out that their greatest resource are the people who work for them. Smart, hard working, ethical folks who believed they were joing a company that would help them grow. Instead what most employees feel is fear. Fear that they are going to be the next one to be fired. Fear that one day Matt is going to walk in a meeting and say, we have to let an X number of people go because of xyz. Consilium DOES NOT treat their employees right. You are disposable, you are constantly watched, micromanaged and put under standards that are just ridiculous for an industry that is highly competitive. Consilium has to figure out, how do we retain top talent and meet numbers. Consilium has to figure out, how do we create a culture of mutual trust without being suspicious of employees. Consilium has to figure out, what went wrong? How did we get here? Why are so many employees and ex-employees unhappy, bitter. why do your employees feel betrayed?

Advice to Management

The only person able to effect change is the owner of the company, Joe hawkins. Joe if you are reading this, you need to change your management team. You need to bring in an outsider to run your business. Someone who will turn around and drive growth in your organization. This means proper and effectual training, mentorship and giving your employees..your greatest resource, time to grow. It takes an average of 6 months to train and really evaluate a new employee. Your partners have burned through some amazing talent. What has happened at Consilium is a tragedy and I hope you can stop the bleeding.

Good people. Tough Job. Very High expectations.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees here are all pretty great. The training is ongoing and the managers are all involved in mentoring the new people on their teams. From what I can tell, the integrity here is very high and they all mean well but have many issues to address if this company will grow.

Cons

Poor benefits. Low compensation. No 401K. No direct deposit. Say goodbye to a personal life, because there is no work/life balance. Very metrics driven. It's not about working smart and efficient and getting results. It's about hitting your phone dials and minutes, and if you don't, you'll have to answer to it. Three strikes your out mentality. If you're looking for stability, this is not the place. Ridiculously high turnover. Sadly, one of your new co-workers can get cut out of the blue. They turn and burn through people, because very few people can live up to the expectations with the hours and pace we work. It might be something doable for a little while. But I think it's in-humane to expect anyone to keep up long term with the way they want us to work seeing very little commissions.

Advice to Management

Invest more into your people. The job is tough and you expect a lot. Don't let people go while they are weeks into their training. It's really sad to see people go that we're never given a true chance. I would like lunch or dinner catered in more often like some companies do to show appreciation. Especially on our mandatory late nights.

If you like to be test-driven try this company out for a month or so

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allen, TX

Pros

Not a lot of pros, the lied to me in the interview process. Said they wanted to see me grow. Well was I in for a surprise

Cons

Unfortunately, they say the are a Christian view company. Which I liked the sound of at my interview, unfortunatly this job is like Hell. They work you 10 hours a day, you make hundreds of phone calls. And the harass you to be successful. They will make you feel guilty for leaving at six olock, and they will force you out if they don't think your giving 500%. If Christian views is the main focus of the company, they do a horrible job. I thought it was very odd that there was already two people let go the first week of working there. They treat you like a pet, if you do a good job you get a treat. But as soon as you decline, they let you go.

Advice to Management

I just hope that some one reads this comment, and I can save some one the hassle of working for you guys. I left a good company, to a small company that not going very far. They don't treat their employees with the respect they take about. PLEASE, think before applying, if I would have saw something like this I would have stayed away. Don't believe half of these ratings either, they make employees fill them out.

Hard work = $$$

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If there is a world that exists where you can be lazy and not work hard and STILL make money, please point me in that direction. But this place does not exist, therefore we all must work hard. "Reap what you Sew.." - a quote from a comment in a previous review...yeah, you do reap what you sew. So work hard and do your job. That's what Consilium is about. Yes your hours will be longer than your buddies that work for oil and gas companies, banks, and even other staffing companies. But do they get the opportunity to make endless money? If you are willing to put in the hours to 1) learn the company and how it works 2) train, and I don't mean "here's a script, memorize it"; I mean listen to others, take notes, hit the phones, ask for help, study (what a concept right?) 3) grow. You cannot be lazy and lethargic if you want to be successful- that's basically the case in all situations of life. So, yes, you will work hard, you will work long hours, you will inevitably feel defeated sometimes, but when it's good...it's really really good! I have made more money here than I thought I ever could make, and I'm still on the rise. I've had some hard days where I lost a few jobs, but I always bounce back. It's part of the job. And if you're not willing to work hard, then don't even think about working here. We take pride in how hard we work. You will see results, but you have to put in the time and effort. Again, not sure what company wouldn't expect that from their employees. The faith based aspect of Consilium is a breath of fresh air. They do not force anything upon you, but it's nice to know there are people praying everyday for the company I, personally, have so much invested in. And it also shows how much they believe in the success of the company, to stick their necks out saying they are faith based comes with attacks, but they have been victorious in standing their ground, that's something to admire. I have seen the insane commitment of the upper level management, and if that doesn't get you excited about working I don't know what will. I strive everyday to someday be where they are. The opportunity here is too great to pass by. Work hard play harder. I enjoy working here. I'm proud of myself when my head hits the pillow at night because I know I gave it my all at work. If you have that mentality, then the possibilities are endless at Consilium. Giddy up!

Cons

It would be nice if there were food trucks close by to eat at during lunch. My old job had that and I do miss it, it's the little things that make a big difference. But I guess Jimmy Johns will do for now.

Advice to Management

Direct deposit would be nice, but not a game changer for me. I can just use my phone to deposit, but I've hear a few people wish there was direct deposit.

Incredible opportunity for only the RIGHT people who have the ambition to succeed.

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with this company well over a year and I'm writing this review because I feel absolutely compelled to speak against some recent comments that are such an inaccurate representation of this company is. I'll give you all the truth from my experience here. First of all, there is NOTHING that was inaccurately represented to me in the interview process prior to me accepting this position. I knew exactly what I was signing up for and what was expected of me. They were extremely clear and transparent, almost overboard to be honest to assure that it was a good fit for both sides. Here are the facts. Our schedule is 8-6 three days a week, 8-7 one day a week, and 8-4 on Friday with a one hour lunch break. You don't need to be the brightest mathematician to add that it equates to 44 hours. Where people are getting 50+ hours is mind boggling to me, and they should probably re-visit their 2nd grade math teacher to see where they went wrong. If 44 seems like a lot to you, then that's a bigger issue and its probably not a fit. You're probably looking more for a job to punch a clock and go home versus a career where you have unlimited earning potential. Are there people that come in early and stay late? Absolutely. Are they forced to, no. It's their choice, which is a direct correlation to their level of success. The company has very ambitious plans for growth, and to be the best you have to be willing to do more and outwork your competition, plain and simple. That's the message that they hope each employee that comes on board can embrace and they hammer that before an offer is ever made.. Unfortunately not everybody is wired that way and you find out really quick who is. This is an entrepreneurial type of opportunity with no out-of-pocket overhead for you, and a base salary with no cap on what you can earn, plus a beautiful office and incredibly supportive team. Benefits. I think their decent. Can they get better, and do I expect them to over time as the company grows? Yes. I think people get deceived by the big beautiful office suite, and think they've arrived at a 50 year-old fortune 500 company and they expect every bell and whistle that those larger companies offer. You need a "roll your sleeves up" start up mentality to work here. If that's you, I'm sure they would gladly interview you. Turnover. Yes it is high. To no surprise, so are all other sales and production roles in all industries! It's just going to be magnified and a lot more noticeable in a company of 60 people versus 400. If turnover bothers you, you probably shouldn't be looking at a sales position because no person that produces has either left or been let go. Faith-based. They are all about serving each other and giving encouragement to lift up your peers. They welcome prayer, and people don't have to be afraid to speak on their faith in the corporate world which is so rare in today's society. We are always doing different charitable events to give back and raise money for Children's hospital and I just love that. My very first week I remember walking by a private meeting room where I saw all of the partners circled up holding hands, heads bowed, praying over the company. That was HUGE to me. You can be faith-based, and still be a for-profit company. I think people forget that, and think that they can not produce and stay on payroll. This is all truth. I've been as blunt as possible. Zero fabrication. Job Seekers checking out Consilium, This is a GREAT company and its a sensational opportunity for the right person. You will work harder here probably than most all the competitors. However the rewards for growth and leadership are much more real and within reach here, too. They will have ongoing training and development to support you, but they can't train work ethic, and the desire to do more than is expected. That's an intangible that's either ingrained into you or not.

Cons

Is the company perfect? No. No company is. Are they better than most? I believe so. Can they improve and do they welcome feedback? Yes. The founding partners are on the floor working beside you and even the managing partner and EVP always has his door open and even has a cube of his own out on the floor that he sits at periodically. I've never seen that before.

Advice to Management

There's a huge sense of family at this company. And my advice to management would be to have more company outings outside of work versus just the annual Christmas party. It would be really fun to see your team outside of a professional setting for bowling, ranger games or a 5k run together as team Consilium.

Fun company that wants employees to succeed and grow with them!

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Consilium was honest with me about the recruiting position from day 1. From the initial interview, to day one of training, and even still today the call metrics are explained. I am not sure why there are complaints about these expectations when they are very upfront about them or how anyone would expect to perform an inside sales job and recruit providers for our clients without using the phone. Having never recruited before, I also received weeks of invaluable one on one training and individual attention from not only more senior recruiters but partners in the company. To this day there is continual recruiting, department and team training where advice is shared and help is offered to everyone. They founders and partners don't have to be sitting side by side with us making cold calls like everyone else but they are-everyday. They are highly visible and always accessible. They make decisions, lead teams, and produce like everyone else while personally training and being involved with every employee that walks through the door. They not only train performance but coach personal leadership and development. Promotions and commission take HARD work and a little good luck. There aren't any lies about this. During my interview I was told I could make 10-15k in commission and bonus in year one-and in the first couple of months I wasn't sure that would happen and I even got a laugh from my first commission check- but I stuck with it and can honestly say I made over 20k and was also promoted in my very first year-while never having worked a 50+ hour week or been asked or expected to do so! Consilium is a faith based company and also participates in multiple philanthropic events. Just this past year we helped at a food bank and raised thousands of dollars for different charities in addition to our work and partnership with Children's Hospital. Just look around and pay attention. There is always a charitable event or fundraiser going on where everyone is able and encouraged to participate. Plus they are fun! I am also very proud and honored to say that on my team alone countless providers have called and written to personally tell us how they have enjoyed their experience with Consilium whether it was their first locum assignment or they have spent years working with other agencies. We work hard for them and appreciate them and they continue to stay with our clients or work another assignment with us if their assignment ends. Being the new kids on the block that speaks volumes and we love when people are happy with their work. There are team events and also fun company-wide contests where cash and prizes are given away! Accomplishments, milestones and birthdays are always recognized. There have been company meetings when I really think each and every employee was mentioned and recognized in some way. They do invest in their employees and want success for everyone. Coworkers are fun and have common interests. I've made a lot of great friends here which makes it even better.

Cons

You do have to make a lot of calls and it can be a rollercoaster a lot of the time. The job isn't for everyone. Unexpected things can happen. That being said, it's just like ANY other sales or recruiting just but there is much more opportunity for growth with it being a startup.

Advice to Management

None for now unless you would like to offer a work from home day or some flexibility for us non-morning folks :)

Management promises a lot and delivers on almost nothing

Current Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Consultant in Irving, TX

I have been working at Consilium Staffing full-time

Pros

If you want to become a cold calling machine, this is the place for you. You will be fearless on the phone as you will get 99% no's and hang-ups.

Cons

Inside sales people are hired to make over 100 cold calls a day. They use these leads for the established "in" sales people in the company. Then they fire people on some bogus technicality of not meeting some unattainable goal

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you are a "religious" company. This is very distasteful. You fire someone on your way to a prayer meeting.

RSS Feed </> Embed