Consolidated Container

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeffrey M. Greene

A great team to work with.

ProsCCC really respects "work-life balance."

The work is varied and they really allow employees to "grow" their positions.

They have a great tuition reimbursement program and truly work hard to develop their people.

Employees are encouraged to have ideas and ask questions.

ConsInternal communications are an opportunity for development.

Pay isn't amazing, but the culture makes up for it.

Consolidated West Memphis (Jefferson) Don't waste your time.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) West Memphis, AR

ProsPlenty of overtime for those who want or need it. Nice climate controlled production area. Lots of chances to work on holidays and scheduled vacation.

ConsConstant turnover with both management and hourly workers. Management often has no clue about how to run production. Its the only plant where the operators do more maintenance the the maintenance personnel. There is no room for advancement and the "good buddy system" is in full blossom. There is no such thing as work-life balance and no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to learn the business and don't be in such a hurry to run off talent. Most importantly, treat all employees fairly.

Complicated to work at CCC

ProsAlot overtime, challenging place, employ with good personality.

ConsWorking on poorly maintained equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementWrong Mangement people on wrong Positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manufacturing Nightmare

Production Worker (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPlenty of opportunity for hands on. Management on the floor every day working along side you.

ConsNot uncommon to have only 1 day off a month. Not uncommon to work 74+hrs/wk. 10-14 hr. days. No organized training. Zero personal work life balance. Very high turn-over. Little maintenance support, and no engineering support

Double standard among employees lots of backbiting intimidation and bulling.with supervisor

Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBenefits are average.I can't think of anything good.

ConsVacation is a joke you use most of your time being paid for when you aren't schedule or if you do get a vacation they call you in if you don't come they threaten and intimidate you. Overtime if you are one of the favorites you will get to pick and choose. While others have to work the mandatory overtime or take the mandatory short time.Depends on supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementFulton plant needs to be investigated as to why they have such a high turnover in employees.The female supervisors are highly incompetent as are most of the employees.There is very little glue left to hold the place together.Customer complaints aren't resolved.They are lied to.

What a Joke

Gruinion Worker (Former Employee) Statesville, NC

ProsWas a pretty good work environment when I first started years ago.

ConsAfter our Plant manager, Les left, the place fell apart. Idiots for upper management. No room for advancement in the company. Low pay, Poor product out to customers, no one cared. they closed our plant eventually.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure, start over

Profits first...respect for employees last

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Monroe Township, NJ

ProsIf you are willing to work hard it is fairly easy to get hired there. Also, if you speak little or no english, they will probably hire you since speaking english is not a requirement to work there. Safety issues are generally dealt with. The pay is decent but it tends to be on the low scale of the manufacturing industry.

ConsThere are no incentives/ bonuses for employees for meeting or exceeding production goals. If business is slow management will wait for you to come in for your shift and then send you home rather then call you up before hand. Pay raises are miniscule at best, a 30-35 cent raise tends to be the average. For the last few years the number of people on a shift has decreased so shifts run on the bare minimum number of people. When i started working there, machine operators ran 2 or 3 machines, now they generally have to run 4. Due to layoffs, down sizing people are expected to work harder for no significant increase in pay. While I like the people I work with, overall it is not a good work enviroment.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to the company slogan of treating people with dignity and respect. Have common decency, people are not machines and if it wasnt for us, there would be no CCC and management would be out of a job.

Strong manufacturing company but limited marketing scale

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBroad manufacturing facility base
    Talented CEO
    Operational effeciencies throughout organization

ConsLimited marketing or consumer input
    Talent thin beyond c-suite

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower stronger talent pipeline
    Expand beyond cost-cutting and explore top-line growth opportunities leveraging strong operations

No upward mobility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSome good people to work for.

ConsNever had a review (not even an informal one) in the 13 months employed there.
    No good opportunities for growth, learning, development, or promotion.
    Very high turnover.
    Operates on skeleton crew.
    Not much diversity in the corporate office.
    Poor quality of life, not an exciting or "fun" culture in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed organization and better structure.

Unbelievably incompetently managed LLC

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery little to say positive. I guess if you are a fresh college student and you want to get a foot in the plastics business, this will work, but do not stay more than 2 years. You won't want to anyway,

ConsThe management is so bad it is beyond description. Nothing in this firm is done with anything other then short term gain in mind. If you like to do good work, lead industry, get rewarded for good work or want to respect what you do, don't work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage the company like a business that makes bottles, not like a personal revenue generator.

Worked for Consolidated Container? Contribute to the Community!