Consolidated Contractors International Company

Updated September 2, 2014
3.5

Consolidated Contractors International Company Chairman Said T. Khoury
Said T. Khoury

Pros
  • C we have learn a lot how to work in refinery (in 2 reviews)

• Good Opportunity, You will learn a lot at this company (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • The company in general has low salary hence one cannot get enough money even after working for years (in 3 reviews)

• Racism, Bad Food, Bad Accomodation (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

it was the first stage of my career....As i develop the knowledge of handling some various equipment of plant

Former Employee - Batching Plant Operator  in  Muscat (Oman)
    Former Employee - Batching Plant Operator in Muscat (Oman)

I worked at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

to discover more and build my future.the company helps me to achieve the experience of being a operator

Cons

being away from home of course....to speak arabic language was the best for me cos,it helps me to communicate with my co leauge

understand what the employee needs to mke the work a better ne

Appreciation

I worked at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I regret after left this good company.If I could have been continue withh CCC my O & G experience touched a new height.

Cons

If I could achieved my promotion within my expected time, it was nice to me.Just after my departure , within week my promotion came from head office which I am still regereting.

Appreciate and recognize your team member.

HSE Officer

Current Employee - HSE Engineer
    Current Employee - HSE Engineer

I have been working at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

CCIC is big company

Cons

good health and safety culture

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very Educational experience where i was exposed to all business processes.

I worked at Consolidated Contractors International Company

Pros

Excellent training is provided, and the quality of the work is at an international standard.

Cons

Very big company with over 150000 employees makes it hard to stand out.

I have been offered a internship opportunity at a construction site in Ras Laffan, outside Doha, in Qatar.

Current Employee - Engineering Trainee  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - Engineering Trainee in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing experience working at the construction of the biggest (back in 2009) LNG Plant of the world, in the middle of Qatari dessert.
    I met some truly amazing people and had a lifetime experience.

Cons

No attention from any kind of management.
    Unstructured internship schedule - resulting to have a reverse rotation to the departments starting from piping and ending to engineering and getting all bored by the time I got there.
    Huge amount of people down there from engineers, managers to foremen and workers and it was tought to attract any attention.
    I was there by the end of the project and the main concern from everybody was to arrange themselves a next project.

A Good Multinational Contractor.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Qaţār (Iran)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Qaţār (Iran)

I have been working at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Established processes and systems that are well in place.
    Structured hierarchy.
    Manpower and equipment resources within the company are mind boggling.
    Fully fledged safety culture.
    Career paths are varied.
    Career progression is good.
    Mega-Projects put you in contact with large multinational and established clients, consultants, etc..
    Unlimited learning potential for daring and focused minds.
    Yet to meet an uninspiring project manager or project leader.

Cons

12 hours on site a day, 6 days a week is hectic.
    Physical and mental stress is too much some times and affects private life.
    Pay scale only competes with market average.
    Weak elements on teams are apparent.
    Office politics are a concern.
    Nepotism no doubt.
    You should find your way to some of the upper management circles and stick to it; it's a dog eats dog world.
    Organization is too layered. Superiors can control your life.

Pretty sure they already know what's right and what needs fixing.

iam working as store keeper.

Current Employee - Store Keeper  in  Doha (Qatar)
    Current Employee - Store Keeper in Doha (Qatar)

I have been working at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

cute best company, safe and quality work.

Cons

low salary and less benefits.

management shall know the skilled person and increase the basic salary as per his job title.

Not enough money after years of employment.

Former Employee - Computer Operator  in  Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Computer Operator in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Well organized, low salary, long leave rotations, long employment prospects, helpful people, good work recognized. If a person wants to know how a project and system should be organized then CCC is a good place to learn. Here some people will do jealousy but some will help you even without requesting for help. The problem is very low salary and no vacations for long time. This company is good for a beginner to work for one or two project to understand how good work is all about. It is not often that one will see somebody terminated because of low performance. Company understand financial problems of people who needs money badly; but if you want to be well to do you should not stay here for long.

Cons

The major challenge here is the long rotation. The company in general has low salary hence one cannot get enough money even after working for years. There are too many people in the company at a project and there is always rush for every thing. Juniors or blue collar and labor are the one who suffer more.

Increase the salary of the employees and give better rotation.

I have gained an international Oil and Gas related experience through CCIC. I used to work in

Former Employee - HSE Deputy Manager
    Former Employee - HSE Deputy Manager

I worked at Consolidated Contractors International Company as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

CCIC does care of ite employees' safety. its policy is to send everybody home as safe as they were before joining this company.

Cons

CCIC opens an equal opportunities for all its employees and it is indeed a challenge to be part of its multicultural work conditions

Procurement mechanical engineer at site with US Corps as a consultant.

I have been working at Consolidated Contractors International Company full-time

Pros

Professional way in dealing with employees.
    Getting experiences in your discipline.

Cons

Work to life balance is affected.

Provide more control on the relation between project managers and employees to balance the relationship.

Consolidated Contractors International Company Photos

SCBA Training at Kuwait TECP JO Project
SCBA Training at Kuwait TECP JO Project

+ Add Photo

Worked for Consolidated Contractors International Company? Contribute to the Community!