Consonus

Updated Feb 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John J. Roger

good company if you are flexible in terms of job responsibility

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Consonus

Prossmall enough company that most every person matters; good work-life balance; recognize and reward industrious employees; if you are looking for stability, stick with the technical support group; if you are looking for project-based work, join the presales/professional services group; very good internal processes for administrative concerns (like time scheduling, time sheets, etc)

Consmake sure you sure have the skill set that is valuable regardless of which software/hardware product/service they are selling; chances are, if product sales are down, so do the service contracts...and if you are a service provider, then start looking for a new job! poor interdepartmental cooperation (the wheel gets re-invented several times)

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the little people! Reward those who exhibit company pride; and those who, despite not being salesmen), pass on sales opportunities! Let the technical folks temper over-zealous pitches of the salesmen with reasonable and practical proposals for customers (ie, don't promise the moon, if the shuttle can't even launch yet)

Started off a great family company that quickly went downhill.

I have been working at Consonus full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat family environment. The entire team was dedicated to providing a great product and customer experience.

ConsOnce the venture capitalist started pulling the strings pushing the founders out it was all down hill from there. Poor business decisions lead to lost revenues, strained partner relationships and poor morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the VC and stick to the tried and true business model.

Consulting is not a Priority with the company

Practice Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Consonus full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart people, some great Account executives,

ConsCompany is a VAR and consulting is not a priority, conversations with HR are not kept confidential.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the consulting business and stick to Data Center and VAR client

Worked for Consonus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Consonus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Consonus CEO John J. Roger. All reviews posted anonymously by Consonus employees.