Constant Contact

Updated December 10, 2014
3.7

Constant Contact Chairman, President, and CEO Gail F. Goodman
Gail F. Goodman

Pros
  • They encourage a work-life balance and do things to encourage it (in 13 reviews)

• And the pay was good, as well as the frequent free food and beer cart Fridays (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle to senior management is entrenched from bygone days when life was easy (in 6 reviews)

• They have turned their call center into sweatshop in cubicles (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company to Work For!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact

Pros

Everyone that works at Constant Contact is super friendly and full of information. You have a question they will stop what they are doing and help answer your questions they best way they can and if they do not have the answer they will get it for you pretty quickly. There is a lot of training so you know the ins and outs of Constant Contact, it does not matter if you know how to use there product or not they teach you everything you need to know to success within the company.

Cons

The traffic to the company in Waltham is awful.

Good company to work for, excellent brand reputation.

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people who make the day to day very enjoyable. Certain groups embrace an open culture and collaborate extremely well, getting everybody involved.

Cons

Senior management has a tough time identifying and agreeing upon a corporate strategy and direction. It takes a long time for them to come to a decision and no one wants to own it.

Great workplace, fun environment, innovative culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Great career development. Opportunities that I never thought would exist have been given to may employees.
    - Work hard / play harder. The company understands and appreciates hard work, and has built a fun environment for any sort of de-stressing that may need to take place...or just some time to play games.
    - Innovation and recognition. Quarterly, company-wide innovation hackathons with great rewards and recognition by name.
    - Benefits. The health and life insurance that are provided are the best I have had the pleasure of enrolling in. On site benefits like free food and soda on a regular basis help the day-to-day. I probably don't have to mention the beer cart, seems like other reviews have that covered as well.

Cons

Vocal detractors. As is probably the case with almost any company, the minority of people who feel as though the company doesn't appreciate them can bleed their negativity on to others. I've seen some of the reviews on here, and see the same situations in completely different ways. I would encourage anyone reading these reviews to take the negativity with a grain of salt.

Continue to think outside the box. I believe you've done a great job so far, but there are always new and creative ways of doing things (project management, staff location, etc.)

Dec 19, 2014Employer Representative

Thanks so much for your comments & support!

Terrific, mission-driven company

Current Employee - Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Terrific mission-driven company, with a great culture. Strong leadership team. Also rediscovering its core business and values, with bright prospects for the future.

Cons

Company's stock is at an all-time high

Awesome company to work for and be a part of their great services and products!

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The managers are so incredibly helpful and patient, energetic work environment, always fun to be at work - growing and learning! I have never been a part of a company that cares so much about their customers and wants to make sure we are being the best we can for them!

Cons

There aren't many cons to working here that I have seen yet. There is a great open door policy with management so any concerns that I have had thus far have been answered and reassured.

My advice to management is to keep doing exactly what they are doing. They are so helpful and that's not always true of a company of this size. Great work.

Dec 19, 2014Employer Representative

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we're especially happy to hear that you feel comfortable speaking to management about your concerns.

A great place to grow

Former Employee - Senior Engagement Specialist in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Engagement Specialist in Loveland, CO

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A large company that works its hardest to keep the lowest employees as happy as possible.

Strong Incentive for support

Career development

Management structure that cares

Amazing benefits

There are very few contact centers out there that offer free drinks, bring in caterers and have a loose and easy going management structure. Getting back what you put in is what defined Constant Contact for me and made it a wonderful place to work

Cons

Depending on where you go there is a bit of a glass ceiling, headquarters in MA offers larger growth opportunities overall.

Perceptions are a reality

Getting back what you put in is a double edged statement here: there can be some negativity from those who either never put forth the effort required and expected promotions or those who tried and failed at one point.

From an internal standpoint those who interview better will get the the promotion, maybe the company outlook is a little too fair in that sense but to me that those who preform daily should be looked at more seriously.

Best company I ever worked for

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, competitive pay and benefits, fun random surprises at work (like finding free headphones on my desk), competent and upbeat managers, clear communication of expectations, reasonable and fair performance goals, attractive work schedules, excellent facilites, ergonomic work environment, clean break room & restrooms, stuff that's broken gets fixed, opportunities for upward or horizontal mobility, free keurig cups and vending machine drinks, fantastic company culture, forward-thinking leadership. At Constant Contact, they give you the tools, training, and resources you need to do your job and work hard to remove every barrier to your performance. The management gets respect because they deserve it and have earned it, not because they arbitrarily demand it. I keep waiting for the downside to working here...haven't seen it yet.

Cons

You may not ever want to work anywhere else :)

Congratulations, management, for setting up structures and systems that integrate a profitable business model, an excellent-quality product, a phenomenal customer experience, and conditions that make for very happy employees, all at the same time. Your approach has created a great deal of strength, positivity, and momentum for continuing to be great in the future.

Integrity and Transparency

Current Employee - Regional Development Director
    Current Employee - Regional Development Director

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I was offered my position, I owned a marketing company dedicated to helping small businesses and nonprofits grow through marketing communication tools, event marketing, PR and promotions. Working for myself versus a company was always a conscious and deliberate choice. So why did I choose to work for Constant Contact? The security of a well-known brand and company with tremendous growth, coupled with the focus on the same values my company had, were reasons enough. The people I met through my interview process impressed me with their intelligence, friendliness,and approachability and became another great reason to join the team. Finally, the job I was offered and accepted was a fantastic fit for me and a challenging new step in my career. I truly love the company and what we do in the world.

Cons

There are certain times when the product or the people could be questioned but all companies go through these cycles. What I've found is that Constant Contact typically answers the call to innovate, grow, and adapt to the changing and expanding needs of our customers. I feel supported in my role and although, must adapt to an ever-evolving landscape, I feel the changes are handled satisfactorily, with transparency, and typically for the greater good.

Dec 19, 2014Employer Representative

Your viewpoint is really unique (being a former small business owner) so we truly appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback here on how we can continue to meet the needs of our ... More

Great place to Work!

Current Employee - Product Marketer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Product Marketer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact as a contractor

Pros

Great people to work with
    Great people to learn from
    Beer cart Friday's
    All types of drinks like coffee, tea, soda, juice is all free
    Great work environment

Cons

Not enough young people working their, makes it harder for the younger adults to mingle

Great People, Great Company, Work Experience is What You Make It

Current Employee - Design Consultant in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smart, dedicated team. High emphasis placed on providing great customer service. All levels of management are approachable, knowledgeable, and treat you like a colleague and an adult. Great teamwork and communication, generally positive attitudes save a few complacent people. Benefits packages are very comprehensive and hard to beat, and benefits are available for all employees from day 1 (unheard of!). Vacation time is higher than most similar positions. Beer Cart Fridays! And who can complain about free energy drinks?!

Cons

Salary is fair but not above average, however gross compensation package makes up for this.

Leadership is doing great, from someone who has worked for several Fortune 500's and seen the gamut of leadership styles, the leadership at Constant Contact is among the best I have seen. Management at all levels is genuinely committed to employee growth and satisfaction. Management very demonstratively bends over backward to make sure employees have the tools and training needed to excel in their positions. Training resources are readily available and ample time is made to ensure team members are able to utilize these resources. Going back to a previous statement, working at Constant Contact is very much what you make of it!

Dec 19, 2014Employer Representative

Your thoughtful comments and the time you took from your day to leave a review are both really appreciated. Thanks for all your hard work! Please don't hesitate to continue leveraging the experience ... More