Constant Contact Reviews

Reset
4.0
Constant Contact Chairman, President, and CEO Gail F. Goodman
Gail F. Goodman

Pros
  • Work-life balance; I never take stuff home (in 13 reviews)

• good benefits, beer cart fridays, some of the teams show good teamwork (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • You have senior management that prostitutes customer data to sketchy "partners" for cross selling that only net (in 6 reviews)

• They have turned their call center into sweatshop in cubicles (in 5 reviews)

Customer Support

Current Employee - Customer Support Team Leader in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Support Team Leader in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture Good people Great values and customer service

Cons

Tedious Poor management Lack of development

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and don't over-complicate things

2. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Real commitment to the customer, not just playing lip service. Great teams of smart people. Company culture is friendly with a good work/life balance. Senior management is approachable and seems to take feedback to heart. Company is stable, well-established, and well-positioned financially with positive cash flow and lots of capital.

Cons

The product is service-driven, so developing means lots of inter-department dependencies. Upper management is sometimes reactionary when it comes to planning, so they may ask for a feature but then never launch it. There is a legacy product (BTK) which has to be updated, meaning everything has to be done twice.

Advice to Management

Maintaining two products is a drain on resources and morale. Find a way to transition customers from BTK to TK.

Direct Sales

Former Employee - Direct Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Direct Sales in Waltham, MA

Pros

I had the pleasure of working for two great leaders in Dan Amato and Dom Pizzo. I think what Dan does in training new hires is exceptional and made me into the salesperson I am today now that I have moved on. He nurtures new staff and makes them feel very comfortable while tutoring them and developing a skill set that fits the individual. Dom Pizzo does a great job of being that patient instructor who can give you the guidance you need and make you laugh at the same time. You never feel uncomfortable or stressed working for Dom, even when he gives constructive criticism you leave that room smiling and ready to do a better job because you want to implement the skills he just gave you. Also my coaches Joe Lemieux and James Bucknam were very instrumental in my development during the training process and well after. Those two you could go to for anything and they would be that calming presence that you need in a stressful environment that sales can be.

Cons

They really haven't been able to find the right fit for the director of sales. That seems to be an issue that won't be fixed anytime soon and has hurt the company tremendously. Unfortunately they had the best candidate under the Waltham roof for the job back in December but went the politically correct root instead and hired someone that would fit a quota instead of hiring the best man for the job.

5. Overall great company

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, culture and flexible work environment!

Cons

Changing priorities and lower than expected Street expectations causes some regular stress.

Aug 3, 2015 – Constant Contact

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We’re always trying to hire great people who will protect and enhance the culture we love. We’re happy you’ve been one of them for more than three ... More

6. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Constant Contact has a great culture and mission. The people are really great to work with and the hiring policy on culture works hard to keep it that way. Freedom to bring up ideas, thoughts and move your teams work forward is really refreshing.

Cons

Communication between senior management and individual contributors is not as strong as it used to be or could be. It's hard for an individual contributor or team leader to always understand how their work contributes to the overall strategy and success of the business. Too many projects going on at once that don't all come together as a whole.

Advice to Management

Tighten up communication. Provide a clear, prescriptive and detailed strategy for the next 3 years and hold everyone accountable to building towards that. It is ok and important to so "no, that's a great idea but we aren't going to work on that" and not put resources into every good idea. Focus 80% of your resources on the core and only the core and the needle will move.

Aug 3, 2015 – Constant Contact

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on our culture and work hard to maintain it no matter changes. People like you have been a huge contributor to building the culture that we have today ... More

Great Benefits+

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits; takes care of its employees; flexible hours

Cons

Flexible hours can some sometimes mean working many weekends; too many layers of management who don't know what the "nuts and bolts" people do; outdated software

Advice to Management

Less meetings; more doing

AR Specialist

Current Employee - AR Specialist
    Current Employee - AR Specialist

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time

Pros

Overall, great bunch of folks working here. Look you in the eye and are respectful. Nice amenities such as beverages - hot and cold - always available. Fridges to keep food cool or frozen. Microwaves to heat things up. Snacks and other goodies with easy access and are subsidized. Fun and silly events to help reduce stress and bring worker-bees closer. Nice mix of distractions during breaks - videos games and TV, yet a quiet space for reading or studying. Management is open to consideration of new ideas and thoughts. Alternatives available if needed or wanted such as Work from Home. I speak from experience in the Call Center, however there are other types of jobs which are not related to providing customer service over the phone daily. Company is growing and has grown since inception. The company tries not to change to much from being the "small business" company offering small businesses and non-profits technological services for marketing their products/services.

Cons

There can be too much social stuff and as such some favoritism, but that can be found anywhere. It does exist here. Management allows it at the top level, so it does trickle down. Folks can be promoted because they are liked and not so much because of merit or skills. The workplace has changed a great deal over the years and this place is not an exception. (good and bad). There are times when management appears to have sight for only their vision and unable to grasp something different especially if it is not something they are familiar with. I will note here that there has been nothing of such great substance which has caused me to consider departing immediately.

Advice to Management

Look beyond favorites and the social. See the skills folks bring to your organization and truly attempt to get the most out of the individual.

Rewarding company culture

Pros

Loved the positive, energetic company meetings and felt they really reward employees for their time. Anniversary gifts are given, including money towards a trip at year 5.

Cons

Lots of meetings. Some unfriendly people at the top.

Jun 1, 2015 – Constant Contact

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience while here. Employee recognition for longevity and great work is always something we pride ... More

Overall, pretty good

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Loveland, CO

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work environment with pretty good people

Cons

the job can get a bit tedious from time to time, but they reward you properly

Apr 30, 2015 – Constant Contact

Thank you so much for your review. We’re happy to see that you’ve had a positive experience during the years you were here! One of the great perks of sales roles at Constant Contact is the uncapped ... More

11. Great Place!

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

Pros

The people working at Constant Contact really make the company -- from top down, everyone is great to work with. You get the feeling management cares about the employees and they have nice perks including a beer cart on Fridays.

Cons

It's a meeting heavy culture and sometimes you need to cut through red tape in order to get things done. Management has tried to cut back on meetings by instituting "Meeting Free Tuesdays." Not everyone follows this, but meetings are usually lighter on that day.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve employee culture and be transparent about strategy and goals.

RSS Feed </> Embed