Constantin Associates

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jean Francois Serval & Adriana Agbo

well-kept secret

Senior Auditor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Constantin Associates full-time for more than 5 years

Prosfriendly work atmosphere, exciting and varied work. you are quickly given responsibilities and work directly with partners and managers.Top performers are paid above average but you will need to pay your dues first and that could take a couple (several?) of years. also the entry level and intermediate salaries are lower than average though. two types of employees, the interns and the permanent ones. the interns are mostly foreign students on short term basis and have a high turnover, permanent employees have a lower turnover than industry averages and most have been there from 5 to 25 years. Only the best tend to stay, those who don't fit leave quickly or are not kept. overall it is a nice and secure place to build a career in public accounting if you like the work, but you will have to demonstrate dedication and loyalty. to know a foreign language is helpful.

Consbusy season takes its toll, but compared to my previous company it is really not extreme, I have heard worse from my friends at other places. Also the firm is really big on work quality, so you should expect to deliver high quality work and at a fast pace. this can be challenging and may take some time depending on where you are starting from. If you are a bit lazy, or looking for a place to chill this is not the place to be. the firm is small so if you are not up to par, it will show immediately. expectations are a lot higher than in my previous (E&Y) accounting firm.

Advice to Senior Managementmaybe hire or promote more at managers level, so you could be more available for employees, as you seem to have a lot on your plates
would be nice to have more social events for the employees

Great experience – Great internship

Intern (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Constantin Associates as an intern for more than a year

ProsExcellent people; the team is very helpful and the partners are really accessible; great work environment for a first experience in New York; workload was extremely manageable and actually enjoyable.
I really had a great and instructive time during my one-year internship here with Constantin and I would definitely recommend it.

ConsLot of work during busy season. Roughly five months throughout the year (mid-January to mid-April).

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, and continue this internship program.

hmm

I have been working at Constantin Associates

ProsIts a friendly environment, the accountants are all great people and all work hard. Office space is spacious and alot of light from the 25th windows. Attractive personnel, especially in the accounting department.

ConsDoes not explain everything on hand what to do, clients are foreign so if you don't speak the language, you are at a disadvantage. Tax season sucks always, but they do provide to treat you nicely after the season ends.

Something must be odd, because personnel keep leaving. And Most consider Constantin as a temporary place.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell run, up to date on accounting knowledge. Take better care of your personnel, to avoid the constant staff turnover seen.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small firm with great potential & poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Constantin Associates full-time

ProsExposed to various industries and areas of accounting
Hands on experience

ConsLack of leadership, organization & communication
Minimum benefits or none

So frustrating!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Constantin Associates

ProsFor french people, it is an easy way to get a first experience in New York (they almost exclusively hire french people!) and improve their english skills.
For everybody else, it's a lot of freedom for a few months before it gets painful.

ConsManagement has clue how to deal with employees without conflicts: work overload, vacations cancelled in the last minute (literally!), communication reduced to a bare rude minimum (and always by email)...
The partner spends her life in the office and expects everyone to do the same... except that salaries do not go accordingly!
If you arrive 5 minutes late in the morning, they take half an hour (!) off your vacations but if you leave the office at midnight, you don't get an extra cent!

Advice to Senior ManagementApply basic personnel management rules! Stop treating people bad, listen to them and pay them properly and maybe (maybe!) they will stay more than a few months.
If you still think the problem comes from your (ex)-employees, don't change anything, you'll only sink faster!
People are not a commodity, they are an asset!

Worked for Constantin Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Constantin Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Constantin Associates CEO Jean Francois Serval & Adriana Agbo. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Constantin Associates employees.