Constellation Energy Group

www.constellation.com

Constellation Energy Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Constellation Energy Group – Baltimore – “Headquarters building”

Constellation Energy Group Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Baltimore Gas and Electric Mayo A. Shattuck III

Mayo A. Shattuck III

Pros
  • Good Hours Good Pay Good People(in 7 reviews)

• The only other thing that comes close to a "Pro" is the work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This can lead to a terrible work/life balance if you don't manage it correctly(in 9 reviews)

• one level above) can be trumphed by senior management to match the department objectives(in 5 reviews)

Great internship program, great company culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe internship program is very well paid and the culture of the company is great.

ConsThere is not much direction and guidance in the beginning of the internship. It takes a week or two to really get settled.

Good company

Principal Compensation (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsWell run, resources needed to do the job were available, nice offices, great location on the waterfront, great management

ConsParking, I dont have have any other cons to add. It was a good company to work for. Some employees who were waiting for the buyout which eventually happened so they were happy eventually

Lack of vision, bad culture

Director (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Proscompensation is ok in Baltimore area

Conspoor leadership, lack of vision and bad culture

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a vision

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constellation Sucks

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsDecent money, clean. The janitors are nice.

ConsNo advancement as they hire outside the ranks. No opportunities. People don't share information because they want to feel superior. They brag a diverse culture but there's an undercurrent of nepotism. Work/Life Balance? What's that? The office is about 25000 square feet of desk tops with no privacy and it's difficult to concentrate.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to management. You're beyond lost trying to gain market share.

Some rocky times, but the company was fair

Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsVery high profile company in Baltimore with some of the best employees around.

ConsIndustry was rocky and the stock was perilous at times. As there was some reduction in force, the morale was low when I left. However, I understand it's better now.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication across the enterprise.

Great company to work

Director, Strategic Alliances (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company is one of the most diversified energy service companies covering all aspects of energy generation and demand side management

ConsThe various departments work independent but a collaborative effort may bring in synergies in the product offerings

OK Experience

Engineer (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGood group of people, ok benefits

ConsManager was not fit to be a manager

Professional company with excellent culture.

ProsProfessional company that allows employees room to grow and advance.

ConsLots of contractors and contract work which can make it tough to find a full-time position.

New Hire Experience

Engineering Co-Op (Current Employee)

ProsThe pay is excellent and the benefits are awesome. Hours/day are somewhat flexible.

ConsEmployees generally work over 40 hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd OT to over 40 hours of work to keep employees happier.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company has some great benefits. They recently went through a restructuring and improved the benefit package. The company also tries to hold company wide meetings on a regular basis to keep you informed of the company's progress.

ConsThere is no team work. Everyone seems to be trying to get recognition for themselves and not working together as they should.

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!