Constellation Energy Group Reviews

Reset
3.1
Constellation Energy Group CEO Joseph Nigro
Joseph Nigro

Pros
  • good pay, fascinating industry tackling important and societal challenge (in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits and solid industry (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance is a joke: 40 hours a week job really means 50-60 with no extra pay (in 9 reviews)

• Recent merger with Exelon has reduced efficiencies as everything is system driven (in 4 reviews)

1. Contract Analyst

Pros

Usaually has great company culture.

Cons

Takes a while to switch from contract to full time.

2. Analyst

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The companies work life balance is horrible.

3. Place where Americans have been replaced - Quant Analytics/Structuring

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group full-time

Pros

I am not complaining about work or what I do but how Americans have been marginalized at Exelon and in particular in Qunat Analytics/Structuring team.

Cons

Exelon is probably doing the same thing as Disney did to its employees by replacing the Americans with cheap H1B. I am not at all xenophobic but man when you look around at this place you have at least 30-40% people on H1B or who have gotten their green card through employment at Exelon. Some of them have grown up to be managers and they do not respect Americans and are ready to pass Americans off for an immigrant employee. I am sorry but Donald Trump can easily make this place an example of how American workers are being marginalized in favor of cheaper labor. I say cheaper labor as I know of Phds who at the end of the year are working on base salary of ninety thousand dollars a year. That is called wage suppression since it takes about 7 years to get a Phd after your undergraduate studies in STEM field. Once I thought about getting my Phd in a technical field but then I realized that I will be competing against the immigrant working for less than six figures after spending 7 years in graduate school. Don't blame American's for realizing the economics which has been made bad by companies like Exelon. Hiring immigrants of color or gender is not same as hiring American Blacks, Hispanics and Women. I don't want to mention a specific instance as it will identify me but I have been passed over for an immigrant. An immigrant here likes to joke they are cheaper and they are at work all the time... working .. Actually there is even a team here which is jokingly called mafia from certain country as it is made up of only people from that particular country.

Advice to Management

Please hire Americans and diversify among the American Black, Hispanics and Women in our Quant Analytics and Structuring team and in Exelon in general. There is no reason for any of team to be 30-40% H1Bs or work sponsored green card. There are plenty of Americans around looking to grow their career as well. Because of wage pressure and immigrant over use in our company I don't feel compensation or growth opportunities are sufficient in our company and hence I will give low rating below.

5. Summer Intern

Pros

Really great company to work for. Dont have anything bad to say, great work environment and friendly/collaborative team members. Loved the work I did too!

Cons

Nothing really negative beyond that it seems a very senior company. Not many young people worked there so it was difficult to network those people closer to an intern's age.

Advice to Management

Be more adaptable with your interns. They are able to take on more work than you expect, just like your employees, so feel free to give them harder and more real-work tasks.

6. Business Development

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company with great people. DO not micro manage at all and really let you balance your personal life with your work life

Cons

Limited career development. Very tough to climb the corporate ladder. Must move to specific cities to have a chance at moving up on certain teams.

7. Ok company

Current Employee - Contractor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Contractor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group (More than a year)

Pros

Decent company to work for. Headquarters of parent company (Exelon) is a plus. Lots of opportunities compared to most large companies

Cons

Employees don't care. Laziness is rampant. The industry is boring. Growing business is next to impossible. Workers are anti social.

Advice to Management

Management is great. The industry is bad. If I were a young person I would avoid at all costs. No young person wants to be a contracted worked. Hire people as full time employees, if they prove they are good.

8. Bad culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Good life-work balance. No pressure in a utility style company.

Cons

The company is very hierarchical and political. The internal competition makes coordination difficult. The company keeps losing strong and experienced employees and will soon be taken over by politicians. Wrong decisions are made everyday and taking over by Exelon is the worst thing that happens to a good company.

Advice to Management

Reduce the number of managers.

Business Development Manager

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company culture. Good benefits. I was laid off when my department was eliminated, but I was allowed to stay on the payroll until I was fully vested in my 401K and Pension. I received severance pay and out placement as well, so all in all i was treated very well.

Cons

it was hard to communicate with the folks in upper management to discuss issues we we were having in the field.

Advice to Management

Get out in the field more often to see what issues your sales people have to deal with.

10. Working to redefine themselves as innovative and capable of shifting with industry changes.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very bright people, opportunities to learn a lot about the industry, multiple career tracks, and competitive pay.

Cons

More focused on preserving what they have than embracing industry changes.

Advice to Management

Explore more opportunities leveraging your best employees to keep them interested and challenged.

11. In the beginning i had a fire of high hopes but now it's not even a fizzle.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group as a contractor

Pros

Good office location. Convenient mall downstairs

Cons

The parent company (Exelon) is still buying other small companies so downsizing has been a factor for over 2 years.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your employees. You can't downsize and expect the same results of work. Customers are leaving in bulk and you're losing good workers to your competition.

RSS Feed </> Embed