Constellation Energy Group Reviews

Reset

boring

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flex schedule, friendly co-workers, catered lunches

Cons

no growth, supervisors are either super micro managers or super irresponsible and unwilling to help you grow in your career

2. Review

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Good Benefits for the employees

Cons

Less Scope for Career advancement

Advice to Management

Should care more Employees

3. Company with great benefits

Former Employee - Director in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Excellent benefits, much better than other Fortune 500 companies I've worked for. Very family friendly, from plant level to upper management. Most managers encourage participation in company-sponsored events and allow the time to do so. Plenty of opportunities for professional development, inside and outside the company.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement unless you know the right people. Management doesn't provide positive feedback . Senior leadership cannot relate to subordinates. Appears to be more cronyism at the top than what I've observed in past companies. No formal mentoring program.

Advice to Management

Approach diversity within the company seriously, i.e. mentor minority employees. Implement a formal mentoring program. Practice what you preach.

5. Decent place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Stable career. Good development program for young professionals.

Cons

"Old" and outdated company policy and benefits is not keeping up with the trend of the electronic age. Schedule is not as flexible as it can be. Pay is comparatively lower than market worth.

Advice to Management

Embrace the new generation of workers. Learn from companies like google to retain young talents.

6. Rewarding summer internship, depending on which department you work

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Though I only worked as an intern, I gathered from my full-time colleagues that Constellation has a competitive and generous compensation package. This includes full tuition reimbursements at local colleges and universities. Furthermore, I worked in downtown Baltimore near Inner Harbor so the location is vibrant and exciting, especially during the summer. Many of my intern friends in other departments were kept very busy and immediately immersed in the company's everyday operations.

Cons

I had minimal training and was given very little direction as to what goals I was hired to accomplish. For most of my time there, I was felt quite bored due to lack of work.

Advice to Management

Instead of sending out mass e-mails as the primary way of communicating important issues and changes, find a more effective medium so that it's less impersonal.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

-Benefits -People are friendly -Salaries are near average, but definitely below

Cons

-Little room for promotions -Hard to move out of current job -Not enough communication -Constant changes -Salaries are near average, but definitely below

Advice to Management

-More communication -More salary, less bonus

Project Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Excellent pay and very flexible work hours. Great way to meet routinely with Senior Management.

Cons

No growth opportunities. Expected to mark time and laterally transfer for 10-15 years before moving up.

Advice to Management

You need to take a chance and give young people an oppurtunity to get a change in some Senior Leadership posiitions.

9. OK

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Constellation Energy had competitvie salaries and benefits. There was a good worklife balance and workload very reasonable. Overall, OK company to work for.

Cons

Employees not always treated with respect they deserve. There is a large focus on networking and politics rather than job performance.

Advice to Management

More communication with employees would be beneficial. Leadership should be held accountable to the core values of the business.

10. Good pay, bad culture

Former Employee - Analyst II in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Analyst II in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Got promotted quickly, made more money than I thought at my age. Average bonus was 15% even when year was bad. Had to fight for the promotion, but they were fair and gave it to me.

Cons

Poor communication from management. Constantly try to outsource. Restructure company every few months. No clear direction and you never know if you will have a job.

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and make it clear and stick with it.

11. Overall good place to start a career, but may change depending on merger

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group

Pros

Good coworkers, great salary level for the greater DC area. Depending on which department you work for, your contributions may be recognized. Generally good level of vacation days. So far, unlimited sick days (but can he checked upon if requested by management).

Cons

Depending on who you have as a manager, you may not get necessary guidance. This is changing though. As the company undergoes a merger, there will be plenty of ambiguity. In some departments, contribution by the non-management level may go unnoticed. Performance evaluation from the direct report (i.e. one level above) can be trumphed by senior management to match the department objectives.

Advice to Management

Learn to be fair to all in promotions and performance evaluations.

RSS Feed </> Embed