Constellation Energy Group Reviews

Reset

1. Feedback of a long term employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, NY

I worked at Constellation Energy Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is very good and it's a safe environment.

Cons

They will grind you into the ground. It's all about what you can do for the company, and they tell you stuff like work life balance is important, and that there are opportunities for personal growth and learning opportunities, but again, it's only if that's what THEY want for you, you don't often get an opinion.

Advice to Management

You've got some really great people who give their all, and just a very little appreciation in return for a job well done would be wonderful. You're quick to lay people out to dry, why is a thank you so hard?

boring

Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Billing Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flex schedule, friendly co-workers, catered lunches

Cons

no growth, supervisors are either super micro managers or super irresponsible and unwilling to help you grow in your career

3. Analyst

Former Employee - Texas in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Texas in Chicago, IL

I worked at Constellation Energy Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Constellation was a great company with excellent benefits, they offered a decent pay structure with annual bonuses dependent on performance.

Cons

Due to multiple mergers over the last 10 years, the management team would always change and you would have to re-learn how to interact with those individuals each time. Over the years, the morale became low because the initial problems from the last management team bled over in to the new team and things never got fixed.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your seasoned experienced workers. We understand that its always about the bottom line. However, it is always better to measure twice and cut once.

5. Place where Americans have been replaced - Quant Analytics/Structuring

I have been working at Constellation Energy Group full-time

Pros

I am not complaining about work or what I do but how Americans have been marginalized at Exelon and in particular in Qunat Analytics/Structuring team.

Cons

Exelon is probably doing the same thing as Disney did to its employees by replacing the Americans with cheap H1B. I am not at all xenophobic but man when you look around at this place you have at least 30-40% people on H1B or who have gotten their green card through employment at Exelon. Some of them have grown up to be managers and they do not respect Americans and are ready to pass Americans off for an immigrant employee. I am sorry but Donald Trump can easily make this place an example of how American workers are being marginalized in favor of cheaper labor. I say cheaper labor as I know of Phds who at the end of the year are working on base salary of ninety thousand dollars a year. That is called wage suppression since it takes about 7 years to get a Phd after your undergraduate studies in STEM field. Once I thought about getting my Phd in a technical field but then I realized that I will be competing against the immigrant working for less than six figures after spending 7 years in graduate school. Don't blame American's for realizing the economics which has been made bad by companies like Exelon. Hiring immigrants of color or gender is not same as hiring American Blacks, Hispanics and Women. I don't want to mention a specific instance as it will identify me but I have been passed over for an immigrant. An immigrant here likes to joke they are cheaper and they are at work all the time... working .. Actually there is even a team here which is jokingly called mafia from certain country as it is made up of only people from that particular country.

Advice to Management

Please hire Americans and diversify among the American Black, Hispanics and Women in our Quant Analytics and Structuring team and in Exelon in general. There is no reason for any of team to be 30-40% H1Bs or work sponsored green card. There are plenty of Americans around looking to grow their career as well. Because of wage pressure and immigrant over use in our company I don't feel compensation or growth opportunities are sufficient in our company and hence I will give low rating below.

6. Data Analyst

Former Employee - Data Management Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Data Management Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Constellation Energy Group (More than a year)

Pros

Open work environment Flexible work schedule (9/80)

Cons

Poor Management No upward momentum, only lateral movement Unfair work load among employees Very unprofessional coworkers Use of contractor employment for 1/4th the company, lack of equal treatment, workload, benefits, time off, holidays, etc. Bad work morale among employees/contractors

7. Analyst

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The companies work life balance is horrible.

8. Review

Pros

Good Benefits for the employees

Cons

Less Scope for Career advancement

Advice to Management

Should care more Employees

9. Company with great benefits

Former Employee - Director in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

Excellent benefits, much better than other Fortune 500 companies I've worked for. Very family friendly, from plant level to upper management. Most managers encourage participation in company-sponsored events and allow the time to do so. Plenty of opportunities for professional development, inside and outside the company.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement unless you know the right people. Management doesn't provide positive feedback . Senior leadership cannot relate to subordinates. Appears to be more cronyism at the top than what I've observed in past companies. No formal mentoring program.

Advice to Management

Approach diversity within the company seriously, i.e. mentor minority employees. Implement a formal mentoring program. Practice what you preach.

10. Decent place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Stable career. Good development program for young professionals.

Cons

"Old" and outdated company policy and benefits is not keeping up with the trend of the electronic age. Schedule is not as flexible as it can be. Pay is comparatively lower than market worth.

Advice to Management

Embrace the new generation of workers. Learn from companies like google to retain young talents.

11. Rewarding summer internship, depending on which department you work

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Though I only worked as an intern, I gathered from my full-time colleagues that Constellation has a competitive and generous compensation package. This includes full tuition reimbursements at local colleges and universities. Furthermore, I worked in downtown Baltimore near Inner Harbor so the location is vibrant and exciting, especially during the summer. Many of my intern friends in other departments were kept very busy and immediately immersed in the company's everyday operations.

Cons

I had minimal training and was given very little direction as to what goals I was hired to accomplish. For most of my time there, I was felt quite bored due to lack of work.

Advice to Management

Instead of sending out mass e-mails as the primary way of communicating important issues and changes, find a more effective medium so that it's less impersonal.

RSS Feed </> Embed