Constellation Energy Group

www.constellation.com

Constellation Energy Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Constellation Energy Group – Baltimore – “Headquarters building”

Constellation Energy Group – Baltimore – “Headquarters building”

Constellation Energy Group Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Baltimore Gas and Electric Mayo A. Shattuck III

Mayo A. Shattuck III

Pros
  • Good Hours Good Pay Good People (in 7 reviews)

• The only other thing that comes close to a "Pro" is the work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This can lead to a terrible work/life balance if you don't manage it correctly (in 9 reviews)

• one level above) can be trumphed by senior management to match the department objectives (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company has some great benefits. They recently went through a restructuring and improved the benefit package. The company also tries to hold company wide meetings on a regular basis to keep you informed of the company's progress.

ConsThere is no team work. Everyone seems to be trying to get recognition for themselves and not working together as they should.

Constellation - home of the stars

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company is flexible and offers several development and growth opportunities.

ConsRecent merger with Exelon has reduced efficiencies as everything is system driven.

Stable company, limited opportunities

Finance Associate (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsDecent benefits, opportunity to work closely with C-level management, stable work environment.

ConsThe nuclear group is a great place to be if you are a nuclear engineer, but not a place for a finance professional. Though the team is made up of smart and talented people, there are very limited opportunities for growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

ProsFriendly environment
    Everyone helps out
    community involvement opportunities

ConsWhen things get s busy they get busy
    Long outage hours

This company pays well and you' ll have a safe work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ontario, NY

ProsGood pay
    Emphasis on safety
    Pension and health insurance, dental, vision, company contribution to HSA.
    Free parking
    Nice area to live

ConsIf you want to enjoy your job, don't apply here. Employees are not valued, very limitted room for mobility within (it seems they would rather hire trainees with no experience and spend 2 years training them than allow ann employee to move), can't remember when a member of my management even said thank you. It's like working for the Gestapo. They can say anything they want about you and even if you have documentation it's not true, they refuse to change it, and HR is HORRIBLE. This coming for a long term employee who BTW was not fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou put alot of time into training people, why do you not care if they're happy or have any kind of work/life balance? People come to work and want to do the very best they can so stop treating them like disposable commodities. You couldn't care less about the line of people leaving there, why?

Large corporation with quality employees, but find your own way

Risk Analyst (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Pros1. If you like big companies with free perks like soda, coffee, snacks in the lunch room then you'll like CEG. There's also the occasional free lunch.

2. Social environment for the most part. You're free to chitchat with your neighbors and socialize.

3. No micro-management. Take breaks as you need them, and just get your work done. Results are everything here.

4. Training is offered as they see fit.

5. One of the top Energy companies on the east coast, and a great learning experience in general. People are nice and friendly.

Cons1. Meetings are plentiful, and rather dull. Follow up meetings are commonplace.

2. Difficult to differentiate yourself. You're left to find your own path in the company with little guidance.

3. Meet your own people, and build up your own network to survive. Employees have been w/ the company for a long time, but most won't reach out initially.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you value your contractors. They are part of the team as well.

Good team environment

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsEnjoyed the people and made many great friends and work relationships and the job was a great learning experience. Good pay and bonus.

ConsSome jobs are very structured where people are unable to think on their own and think outside the box to curtail future problems. Difficult to maneuver career, really need to be in right place at right time or know the right person. I don't feel jobs were filled based on best qualified candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employee recognition and engagement programs.

Great company to work for

ProsWork/life balance is great. Good company to work for.

ConsSometime to many corporate changes to keep track of

Energy

Engineer (Current Employee) Oswego, NY

ProsHigh pay under great place for job growth and learning.

ConsHigh work load and location

Advice to Senior ManagementMore streamlining and cross-disciplinary work

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsAttended many professional events and networking

ConsManagement lacked in every position I was in.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!