Constellation Energy Group

www.constellation.com

Constellation Energy Group Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Constellation Energy Group – Baltimore – “Headquarters building”

Constellation Energy Group – Baltimore – “Headquarters building”

Constellation Energy Group Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Baltimore Gas and Electric Mayo A. Shattuck III

Mayo A. Shattuck III

Pros
  • Good Hours Good Pay Good People (in 7 reviews)

• The only other thing that comes close to a "Pro" is the work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This can lead to a terrible work/life balance if you don't manage it correctly (in 9 reviews)

• one level above) can be trumphed by senior management to match the department objectives (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Constellation Energy Group

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsChallenging work that I enjoy.

ConsPolitics of management sometimes seen at odds with making this place a friendly place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being so bottom line oriented. Profit is important, but you won't make a dime without committed employees. Think longer term strategies.

good

Director (Former Employee)

Prospay was good but you work for it

Consno life balance what so ever

Project Manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ontario, NY

ProsExcellent pay and very flexible work hours. Great way to meet routinely with Senior Management.

ConsNo growth opportunities. Expected to mark time and laterally transfer for 10-15 years before moving up.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to take a chance and give young people an oppurtunity to get a change in some Senior Leadership posiitions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work

Analyst (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

Pros-Benefits
    -People are friendly
    -Salaries are near average, but definitely below

Cons-Little room for promotions
    -Hard to move out of current job
    -Not enough communication
    -Constant changes
    -Salaries are near average, but definitely below

Advice to Senior Management-More communication
    -More salary, less bonus

Rewarding summer internship, depending on which department you work

Summer Intern (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThough I only worked as an intern, I gathered from my full-time colleagues that Constellation has a competitive and generous compensation package. This includes full tuition reimbursements at local colleges and universities. Furthermore, I worked in downtown Baltimore near Inner Harbor so the location is vibrant and exciting, especially during the summer. Many of my intern friends in other departments were kept very busy and immediately immersed in the company's everyday operations.

ConsI had minimal training and was given very little direction as to what goals I was hired to accomplish. For most of my time there, I was felt quite bored due to lack of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of sending out mass e-mails as the primary way of communicating important issues and changes, find a more effective medium so that it's less impersonal.

Decent place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsStable career. Good development program for young professionals.

Cons"Old" and outdated company policy and benefits is not keeping up with the trend of the electronic age. Schedule is not as flexible as it can be. Pay is comparatively lower than market worth.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace the new generation of workers. Learn from companies like google to retain young talents.

Company with great benefits

Director (Former Employee) Aliso Viejo, CA

ProsExcellent benefits, much better than other Fortune 500 companies I've worked for. Very family friendly, from plant level to upper management. Most managers encourage participation in company-sponsored events and allow the time to do so.
    Plenty of opportunities for professional development, inside and outside the company.

ConsLimited opportunities for advancement unless you know the right people. Management doesn't provide positive feedback . Senior leadership cannot relate to subordinates. Appears to be more cronyism at the top than what I've observed in past companies. No formal mentoring program.

Advice to Senior ManagementApproach diversity within the company seriously, i.e. mentor minority employees. Implement a formal mentoring program. Practice what you preach.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGood teamwork across most of the business unit. The company was filled with smart people. The corporate headquarters were in a great location in the Inner Harbor.

ConsAcquisition by Exelon killed the culture.

Great internship program, great company culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe internship program is very well paid and the culture of the company is great.

ConsThere is not much direction and guidance in the beginning of the internship. It takes a week or two to really get settled.

Good company

Principal Compensation (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsWell run, resources needed to do the job were available, nice offices, great location on the waterfront, great management

ConsParking, I dont have have any other cons to add. It was a good company to work for. Some employees who were waiting for the buyout which eventually happened so they were happy eventually

Worked for Constellation Energy Group? Contribute to the Community!