Consulate Health Care

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Joseph D. Conte

Consulate Opens Doors

Media and Creative Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOpen inviting company culture and leadership. Good PTO benefits after the first year. Fair insurance benefits. Management and leadership are engaged in keeping the company in good fiscal shape during the changing tides in healthcare, while placing equal emphasis on increasing employee engagement, creating communication channels that flow in two directions, and empowering all employees to embody the company's Core Values.

I enjoy working at Consulate and feel supported and empowered by my manager. To me, the management and executives in this company truly recognizes the connection between employee care and patient care and strive to provide great working and living environments. I would recommend working at Consulate Health Care.

ConsThe senior healthcare industry is not the fastest growing and is still figuring out how it has been impacted by healthcare reform coming out of Washington.

Distrust and back biting encouraged

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you're willing to give up on your future and goals you can stay here forever but don't look for Consulate to be a healthy work environment!

Cons1. The upper management talks the good talk and says they are there for their employees but it rarely filters down.
    2. The supplies and technology needed are regularly unavailable or denied without notice or reason given.
    3. If you speak up against issues you will most likely be made unemployed do that issues can be swept under the rug.
    4. The lack of communication hinders team work which is discouraged anyway. Knowing what another group is working on will get you shut down.
    5. Asking for help is another no go but they also hire without regard for knowledge or ability so often employees don't know how to do a job and others are left scrambling to pick up pieces without skilled help.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the ineffective management and grow the staff you are currently stepping on. You need to open your eyes and realize that your company is really being run by those individuals that you have deemed expendable and beneath you.

Don't waste your time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay for management is ok if you can put up with the bs from corporate

ConsDistrict level and higher - micro-managers, unprofessional, care only about the bottom line, do not give you the tools to do your job effectively. Some let their personal bias get in the way of getting jobs done. They do not know how to think strategically...just a bunch of operators who got promoted higher than their skill set.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people because they were your friends, promote people with the skills and qualifications to actually do the job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This place needs to be shut down for putting residents lives at risk!

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Fenton, MI

Prossalary is high, willing to work around school schedule.

ConsPoorly trained staff, no central air resident's had portable window units in each room. orientation poor.

Growing and Thriving Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsGrowing business with lots of opportunity to contribute to the overall success of the organization

ConsNone, been very happy with where the company has allowed to me to grow in my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you!

Consulate Health Care VP Corp Communications responded to this review

Jun 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Very unsatisfied with upper management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tallmadge, OH

ProsThe only pro is that most of the co-workers are able to work pretty well as a team. There are a few who do not get along which is to be expected in any environment.

ConsMAJOR Lack of Training. Poor Pay....not even competitive, which makes it difficult to retain quality workers, thus putting more work on the hard-workers...burning them out. No Incentives. Upper Management puts band-aids on issues and doesn't want to listen to realistic ways to work on solutions. Nobody can afford the insurance....prescriptions are counted in the very, very high deductible.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest starting at the top management and working your way down with training. It feels like the company does not care about its employees at all. Many of the positive recommendations that are made and supported by co-workers are criticized by top management.

Logo update needs put onto job sites

Management (Former Employee) Kenton, OH

ProsNew Logo is giving care with hearts and hands, not sure why the old logo is showing here.

Consold logo ok but new one is nicer

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the logo updated to reflect the changes in the company.

Consulate Health Care VP Corp Communications responded to this review

May 27, 2014

Thank you very much for your post. We have updated this site and will continue to do so as necessary. Glad you like the new logo!

Corporate staff are required to clean the kitchens

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsI truly enjoyed working with people in the IT department and select individuals. But, honestly, there's not too much to recommend this company. I found the salaries reasonable.

ConsThe health benefits are the bare minimum. Individual policies pay for a minimum of annual physicals but anything over the annual covered items must be paid out of pocket up to $2,300 before insurance kicks in. Dental is worse and allows 1 root canal every 7 years. As the title states, professionals from IT directors to data entry personnel are expected to clean the kitchens on a rotation basis. IT department was very disorganized and seemed to have no real direction. There's a mean-girl vibe running through the corporate offices with a lot of stab you in the back conduct. Management provides no feedback and turnover is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop making campaign donations to Gov . Rick Scott of FL who appeared at our corporate offices in December 2013. Stop demanding the professional corporate staff clean the kitchens.

Worst Place to work, people over will eat you alive if you don't fit with their little mean girls group.

Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) Naples, FL

ProsThe residents, some of the co-workers, decent entry level job salary

ConsEverything except the residents and some of the co-workers: Management team suck I mean no one care. Supervisors will do everything in their power to crush your spirits they will make you fell like no other place will hire you, and as for the Core Values forget about it because it is not being follow by managements. A lot of people wants to be in power and they will used every little dirty tricks in the book to get there. This place needs help mentally, physically, and emotionally. If you are looking for a job where you will be happy waking every morning to go to work, than Consulate Healthcare is not the place for you: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE PLEASE

Advice to Senior ManagementThat is not the right way for a company to be caring about their employees: if a core values is in place then please follow it. You want your employees to enjoy going to work which will benefits the residents needs more. Listen to what your employees has to say and take initiative in it.

Horrible place to work

CNA (Current Employee) Fenton, MI

ProsI don't think there is any pros.

ConsUnder paid, over worked, ALWAYS SHORT STAFFED, ALWAYS having to be mandated. You are not apperciated at all.

Worked for Consulate Health Care? Contribute to the Community!