Consultancy by Kingfisher

Utterly dysfunctional

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Consultancy by Kingfisher full-time

Pros

They hire really smart consultants, most of whom are also fun people to be around.

Cons

The culture is utterly dysfunctional. The leadership will lie to your face. I saw some of the brightest people I've ever worked with berated and called names, treated like children. There is too much gossip and drinking. In my time there, I saw more employee turnover than at any place I've ever worked. They make you sign a three year employee contract and some employees tried to get fired to get out of it. That takes a real emotional toll on anyone who otherwise has pride in their work. I didn't have to do that, but I still consider it, hands down, to be the worst working experience of my career. The senior leadership will never admit to making mistakes. When they fail to follow through on commitments they've made, they'll put the blame on someone else.

Advice to Management

Take the senior leadership out of any and all personnel management. Leave them to sales and strategic work.

Worst Place I've Ever Worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Consultancy by Kingfisher full-time

Pros

You'll work with some really smart people for a while.

Cons

Those smart people will leave the first chance they get. You'll be treated like absolute crap by the owners of the company. They or their sales people will promise things to customers that the vendor says the product can't do. Then you'll be yelled at for not being able to deliver on their missed promises. Terrible gossip around the office and a total "us vs. them" feeling between consultants and management. Every time someone leaves the company, the owners talk terribly about them for them days or weeks afterward.

Advice to Management

Hire an experienced operations executive to actually run the place and stick with sales/strategy. It's the main thing you're good at.

Would not recommend

Pros

Smart talented consultants. Most if not all are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Abysmal management. Gossip, us against them mentality as another poster states with management. Micromanaging is the the worst I have experienced. If you want to be treated professionally, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Need to hire professional management with experience running a consulting business.

5. Don't walk, RUN AWAY!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Consultancy by Kingfisher full-time

Pros

Consulting Resources (those that actually stick around and derive some enjoyment from such a poor work enviornment

Cons

Too many to list....ZERO leadership, deteriorating relations with SAP (losing / lost Gold status)

Advice to Management

Hire someone that knows something about managing people, developing / executing a strategy, common decency.

6. keen on learning and growth

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Consultancy by Kingfisher full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent enablement and support, small flexible teams.

Cons

Some processes need more formal administration.

Advice to Management

Great team ... keep looking after them.

RSS Feed </> Embed