Consultis Reviews

Barbara Fleming

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Converse, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Converse, TX

I have been working at Consultis (Less than a year)

Pros

My contact at Consultis was more than willing to assist me in locating another position due to pre-existing difficulties with a director of the PMO.

Cons

Advance notification of a difficult manager (5 people departed company is less than 6 months).

Jul 1, 2015 – Managing Partner

Thank You very much!!

2. Sourcing Recruiter

Current Employee - Sourcing Recruiter in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sourcing Recruiter in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexible schedule, work from home when needed, relaxed office environment, commissions for interviews and starts are motivational, volunteer work, your success requires others to groom it and the office makes money off of your success

Cons

The only challenge with my position, is the jobs we are trying to fill are all hard to fill. Using mainly the internet to find candidates even in the local area is tough.

Recruiter are liars

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Consultis full-time

Pros

Not much, only steady pay check, until the job ends then they throw you away like garbage.

Cons

Recruiters are liars and will not do what they agreed to do. Especially if they owe you money. They will try and find anyway possible including lying to not give you what thy agreed to expense. Do not work for these people you will regret it. They are not trust worthy.

Advice to Management

Stop lying

High Stress - Hostile

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that you work with and around are good people trying to make a living. Being new college graduate I am grateful for the job but....their is a lack of work-life balance. Initial hours sound good but expected to stay and if you do go on time you are almost frowned upon. If you are a workaholic and have no other outside activities this is the ideal job for you.

Cons

Numbers driven company who cares only if you produce. If you dont produce you are talked down too. High Stress environment.. Great place to learn how to be tyrant. Lack of work life balance. Initial hours sounds good but expected to stay and if you need to go on time you are almost frowned upon. Ideal job for workaholic that likes being constantly nagged at.

Advice to Management

Allow people to advance in carriers rather then letting go hardworking employees and picking up their accounts.

Worst job I ever had!!

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place was air conditioned. Besides that, I found NO redeeming qualities.

Cons

I was supposed to be trained by one of their top sales people but was just given busy work. I wasn't shown/taught ANYTHING. I got the impression that she didn't like me and from there I wasn't given a chance. I was made to feel unwelcome and am certain I was set up to fail. The whole experience was absurdly unprofessional and I would advise anyone to stay far away from this toxic environment. You won't make what they say you'll make. Working at Consultis is a waste of you life. I wish there was a zero rating....

Advice to Management

Not worth it....

IT Operations contractor

I have been working at Consultis

Pros

Consultis genuinely seems to care about its employees.

Cons

No more than the regular con's of working for a contracting company.

Feb 24, 2015 – Managing Partner

Thank You!

Works for me!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came in from an unfamiliar industry and was welcomed in. I was trained in what to do and how to earn and have been performing great. I'm making more than my previous job and it continues to grow. There's tons of contests for gift cards and prizes and we go out to eat all the time. I had no real knowledge of recruiting before I started and with some training I put am putting up pretty good numbers and commissions are started to come in. Its a generally laid back environment and not a bad place to work at all.

Cons

Its commission based to you have to perform and put up regular numbers but that's a part of the game. Its on you to get the contract signed and make sure everything works out. It does require you to email people from your phone on weekends and after work sometimes. Trust me there are 1,000,000 worse jobs out there

Advice to Management

easy with the coffee..

Feb 24, 2015 – Managing Partner

Much Appreciated!! LOL on the coffee :-)

The workforce

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive about this company, if you are a recent grad, don't fall for the false promises, anyone with a college degree should be able to see through the lines on a career move or a temporary "I can't find work" this is the second.

Cons

Management, ownership, derogatory style, womanizer, borderline racist atmosphere. Fake happyness to portray a picture which isn't. The reviews speak volumes, every bad review there's an immediate "great company to work for" review also know as, "employees ! Review us well now! Or else" job is never safe, reading the other reviews is explanation enough to why this place is a topic of laughter across the recruiting industry, the south Florida branch has embarrassed themselves and it looks like it is echoing through Orlando and Tampa as well. Steer clear.

Advice to Management

Close down

Jul 1, 2015 – Managing Partner

Thanks for the advice, but not a great idea for us. Consultis is having its best year in the 31 years we've been in existence. Sorry, your experience wasn't a good one. Hope CXXS is better for you! ... More

10. Pays to be patient and learn recruiting the right way.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

“Consultis offers a great opportunity to learn the IT staffing business the right way-they focus on quality and relationship building and since they’ve been around for 30 years-they have a rich database full of passive candidates. Even if you have IT Recruiting experience, their methods make you pay attention to the details and focus on making you a better recruiter. The branch manager is a hustler-and always makes sure there are plenty of qualified-fill able positions in the system. Account manager and recruiters get on a conference call with the hiring manager to get the must haves and real meat and potatoes of the requirement so you’re not just searching off a generic job description. There is plenty of opportunity to fill local direct hire and contract positions as well as government contract positions. They provide a great deal of training and materials on how to succeed on their company portal-tips on how to write creative emails, vital screening questions and much much more. If you have any questions, Sr. Recruiters and the manager is always willing to help. There are also other monthly contests and meritocracy bonuses for exceeding expectations and you can make great money in a relatively short time if you hustle. It is a fun relaxing environment-and not as cut throat as many other staffing firms. Everyone genuinely cares about each other and helps each other out. Recruiting is emotional roller coaster -as long as you can ride the high and push through the lows-stay motivated and focused, you should do great here. The owners are nice people and the Boca location is a great location-plenty of restaurants, shopping centers and beach is walking distance. Office is newly renovated and full of natural light-so you don’t feel like you’re stuck in a dungeon and cubicle walls are higher so you’re not staring at your neighbor. Overall, great experience for those who are seeking to get into IT staffing business and want to learn the right way-I would definitely recommend Consultis."

Cons

Processes focus on quality, so having patience to coach candidates in getting everything done to get submitted can be challenging, but it pays off because candidates that are not willing to do it are going to be a waste of your time.

So reassuring to read the other reviews here

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

absolutely none, except for the day I left. I would have rated it zero stars if that was an option.

Cons

Everything from my first day when I heard the manager yelling at his "top recruiter" behind closed doors at the top of his lungs, to the last week when he gave his "if you don't like it, there's the door leave!" (motivational speech). The unprofessional and outright hostile work environment in the Orlando office is shameful. I feel fortunate to have been a male employee because the women I worked with were treated terribly, and the subsequent high-turnover rate I feel was justified. As an adult I feel embarrassed to have worked here, and will discourage anyone who wants to be treated like a professional to take a position here. On a weekly, if not daily, basis I saw disturbing practices both inter-personally as well as professionally.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. Either Senior Management in Boca is unaware of issues in this office; or they don't care. In either case, shame on them for allowing the behavior that has occurred in this office to continue.

RSS Feed </> Embed