Consultis Reviews

Barbara Fleming

1. Great Company

Current Employee - Project Manager in Converse, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Converse, TX

I have been working at Consultis (Less than a year)

Pros

My contact at Consultis was more than willing to assist me in locating another position due to pre-existing difficulties with a director of the PMO.

Cons

Advance notification of a difficult manager (5 people departed company is less than 6 months).

Jul 1, 2015Managing Partner

Thank You very much!!

2. Sourcing Recruiter

Current Employee - Sourcing Recruiter in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sourcing Recruiter in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexible schedule, work from home when needed, relaxed office environment, commissions for interviews and starts are motivational, volunteer work, your success requires others to groom it and the office makes money off of your success

Cons

The only challenge with my position, is the jobs we are trying to fill are all hard to fill. Using mainly the internet to find candidates even in the local area is tough.

High Stress - Hostile

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that you work with and around are good people trying to make a living. Being new college graduate I am grateful for the job but....their is a lack of work-life balance. Initial hours sound good but expected to stay and if you do go on time you are almost frowned upon. If you are a workaholic and have no other outside activities this is the ideal job for you.

Cons

Numbers driven company who cares only if you produce. If you dont produce you are talked down too. High Stress environment.. Great place to learn how to be tyrant. Lack of work life balance. Initial hours sounds good but expected to stay and if you need to go on time you are almost frowned upon. Ideal job for workaholic that likes being constantly nagged at.

Advice to Management

Allow people to advance in carriers rather then letting go hardworking employees and picking up their accounts.

Worst job I ever had!!

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place was air conditioned. Besides that, I found NO redeeming qualities.

Cons

I was supposed to be trained by one of their top sales people but was just given busy work. I wasn't shown/taught ANYTHING. I got the impression that she didn't like me and from there I wasn't given a chance. I was made to feel unwelcome and am certain I was set up to fail. The whole experience was absurdly unprofessional and I would advise anyone to stay far away from this toxic environment. You won't make what they say you'll make. Working at Consultis is a waste of you life. I wish there was a zero rating....

Advice to Management

Not worth it....

IT Operations contractor

I have been working at Consultis

Pros

Consultis genuinely seems to care about its employees.

Cons

No more than the regular con's of working for a contracting company.

Feb 24, 2015Managing Partner

Thank You!

Works for me!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Consultis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came in from an unfamiliar industry and was welcomed in. I was trained in what to do and how to earn and have been performing great. I'm making more than my previous job and it continues to grow. There's tons of contests for gift cards and prizes and we go out to eat all the time. I had no real knowledge of recruiting before I started and with some training I put am putting up pretty good numbers and commissions are started to come in. Its a generally laid back environment and not a bad place to work at all.

Cons

Its commission based to you have to perform and put up regular numbers but that's a part of the game. Its on you to get the contract signed and make sure everything works out. It does require you to email people from your phone on weekends and after work sometimes. Trust me there are 1,000,000 worse jobs out there

Advice to Management

easy with the coffee..

Feb 24, 2015Managing Partner

Much Appreciated!! LOL on the coffee :-)

The workforce

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive about this company, if you are a recent grad, don't fall for the false promises, anyone with a college degree should be able to see through the lines on a career move or a temporary "I can't find work" this is the second.

Cons

Management, ownership, derogatory style, womanizer, borderline racist atmosphere. Fake happyness to portray a picture which isn't. The reviews speak volumes, every bad review there's an immediate "great company to work for" review also know as, "employees ! Review us well now! Or else" job is never safe, reading the other reviews is explanation enough to why this place is a topic of laughter across the recruiting industry, the south Florida branch has embarrassed themselves and it looks like it is echoing through Orlando and Tampa as well. Steer clear.

Advice to Management

Close down

Jul 1, 2015Managing Partner

Thanks for the advice, but not a great idea for us. Consultis is having its best year in the 31 years we've been in existence. Sorry, your experience wasn't a good one. Hope CXXS is better for you!

So reassuring to read the other reviews here

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

absolutely none, except for the day I left. I would have rated it zero stars if that was an option.

Cons

Everything from my first day when I heard the manager yelling at his "top recruiter" behind closed doors at the top of his lungs, to the last week when he gave his "if you don't like it, there's the door leave!" (motivational speech).

The unprofessional and outright hostile work environment in the Orlando office is shameful. I feel fortunate to have been a male employee because the women I worked with were treated terribly, and the subsequent high-turnover rate I feel was justified. As an adult I feel embarrassed to have worked here, and will discourage anyone who wants to be treated like a professional to take a position here.

On a weekly, if not daily, basis I saw disturbing practices both inter-personally as well as professionally.

Advice to Management

It doesn't matter. Either Senior Management in Boca is unaware of issues in this office; or they don't care. In either case, shame on them for allowing the behavior that has occurred in this office to continue.

What to beware of with Recruiting/Staffing Agencies

I worked at Consultis

Pros

Unsure since I have not had the opportunity to work for this Recruiting/Staffing Company.

Cons

I feel it is my duty to inform the public that if you apply for any position at any Recruiting/Staffing Agency and they contact you and refuse to provide you with either a job description or the name of the company the position is posted for, THINK TWICE BEFORE FORMING ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM.

I submitted my resume for a full time position advertised by Consultis. I was contacted by email from a member of the company. When I tried to call and speak to him, I was told that he would contact me at a later time that day, he never did. I followed up with a reminder email and received an email with several documents that I was required to sign without ever speaking to anyone from the company about the position. I called early the next morning and was surprised when he answered, but when I asked the name of the company, I was told that he was unable to divulge that information until I signed the documents.

1. This behavior informed me immediately that they are not working with the employer exclusively.
    2. There isn't any real position. They are collecting candidates for their database in case a job comes up that matches you later. If there was a legitimate position why would one of the documents that you are required to sign states that you agree for them to represent you exclusively for six month with the company?

Advice to Management

Why bother. It is revealing that they don’t think being honest with prospective clients would stir up sufficient interest in whatever it is that they’re peddling.

This is a very good company to work for; honest, caring, successful.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Consultis full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management is experienced, involved, fair and supportive.
    The culture is laid-back but very, very focused on input from all people at all levels. Your opinion counts and if you have a good idea, it gets implemented.
    Management told me when I interviewed, they believe you have to have a balance in your life, between work and home. For all the years I've been here, they've practiced what they preached about it.
    There's more training available than most would believe, available for use any time via an employee portal.
    Management rewards you for your success, but they also reward loyalty and hard work, with loyalty. You don't have to be afraid for your job if you have a bad month or two.
    Aside from cities where there are other Consultis offices, you are free to work jobs located anywhere, Nationwide. And, to work 'perms', contracts, or both.
    A big thing for me is, sales ad recruiting are considered same level, partners. paid the same, commissioned the same. We believe it does you no good to have the best job orders in the world if you can't get top candidates to fill them; and, if you attract the top-shelf candidates, it does you no good if you don't have top-quality jobs in which to place them. It's a partnership. Like all partnerships, there are ups & downs, but this company maintains an even keel - valuing recruiters and sales efforts equally.
    There is a spirit of cooperation among offices. You can always ask for advice, leads for your location, or contacts from other offices. And, we have a huge database of candidates - available to anyone, unless the candidate is in the interview process elsewhere.
    I could go on & on. If I have a complaint, I can call the VP or the CEO without fear of retribution. I can ask the Corporate back office staff for special requests from clients, I mean, this is a good company.

Cons

We're focused on IT. Sometimes when we go to very large companies, they want a 'one-stop-shop' agency with light industrial or accounting etc. as well. But when we get those large companies to use us, they come back to us. Our quality and customer service are always appreciated.

Advice to Management

Expand our network with more Consultis offices. More market penetration.

RSS Feed </> Embed