Consultis Reviews

20 reviews filtered by
3.5
Barbara Fleming

1. IT Operations contractor

I have been working at Consultis

Pros

Consultis genuinely seems to care about its employees.

Cons

No more than the regular con's of working for a contracting company.

Consultis Response

Feb 24, 2015Managing Partner

Thank You!

2. Works for me!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Consultis full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I came in from an unfamiliar industry and was welcomed in. I was trained in what to do and how to earn and have been performing great. I'm making more than my previous job and it continues to grow. There's tons of contests for gift cards and prizes and we go out to eat all the time. I had no real knowledge of recruiting before I started and with some training I put am putting up pretty good numbers and commissions are started to come in. Its a generally laid back environment and not a bad place to work at all.

Cons

Its commission based to you have to perform and put up regular numbers but that's a part of the game. Its on you to get the contract signed and make sure everything works out. It does require you to email people from your phone on weekends and after work sometimes. Trust me there are 1,000,000 worse jobs out there

easy with the coffee..

Consultis Response

Feb 24, 2015Managing Partner

Much Appreciated!! LOL on the coffee :-)

The workforce

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at Consultis full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive about this company, if you are a recent grad, don't fall for the false promises, anyone with a college degree should be able to see through the lines on a career move or a temporary "I can't find work" this is the second.

Cons

Management, ownership, derogatory style, womanizer, borderline racist atmosphere. Fake happyness to portray a picture which isn't. The reviews speak volumes, every bad review there's an immediate "great company to work for" review also know as, "employees ! Review us well now! Or else" job is never safe, reading the other reviews is explanation enough to why this place is a topic of laughter across the recruiting industry, the south Florida branch has embarrassed themselves and it looks like it is echoing through Orlando and Tampa as well. Steer clear.

Close down

So reassuring to read the other reviews here

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

absolutely none, except for the day I left. I would have rated it zero stars if that was an option.

Cons

Everything from my first day when I heard the manager yelling at his "top recruiter" behind closed doors at the top of his lungs, to the last week when he gave his "if you don't like it, there's the door leave!" (motivational speech).

The unprofessional and outright hostile work environment in the Orlando office is shameful. I feel fortunate to have been a male employee because the women I worked with were treated terribly, and the subsequent high-turnover rate I feel was justified. As an adult I feel embarrassed to have worked here, and will discourage anyone who wants to be treated like a professional to take a position here.

On a weekly, if not daily, basis I saw disturbing practices both inter-personally as well as professionally.

It doesn't matter. Either Senior Management in Boca is unaware of issues in this office; or they don't care. In either case, shame on them for allowing the behavior that has occurred in this office to continue.

6. What to beware of with Recruiting/Staffing Agencies

I worked at Consultis

Pros

Unsure since I have not had the opportunity to work for this Recruiting/Staffing Company.

Cons

I feel it is my duty to inform the public that if you apply for any position at any Recruiting/Staffing Agency and they contact you and refuse to provide you with either a job description or the name of the company the position is posted for, THINK TWICE BEFORE FORMING ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM.

I submitted my resume for a full time position advertised by Consultis. I was contacted by email from a member of the company. When I tried to call and speak to him, I was told that he would contact me at a later time that day, he never did. I followed up with a reminder email and received an email with several documents that I was required to sign without ever speaking to anyone from the company about the position. I called early the next morning and was surprised when he answered, but when I asked the name of the company, I was told that he was unable to divulge that information until I signed the documents.

1. This behavior informed me immediately that they are not working with the employer exclusively.
    2. There isn't any real position. They are collecting candidates for their database in case a job comes up that matches you later. If there was a legitimate position why would one of the documents that you are required to sign states that you agree for them to represent you exclusively for six month with the company?

Why bother. It is revealing that they don’t think being honest with prospective clients would stir up sufficient interest in whatever it is that they’re peddling.

This is a very good company to work for; honest, caring, successful.

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Consultis full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management is experienced, involved, fair and supportive.
    The culture is laid-back but very, very focused on input from all people at all levels. Your opinion counts and if you have a good idea, it gets implemented.
    Management told me when I interviewed, they believe you have to have a balance in your life, between work and home. For all the years I've been here, they've practiced what they preached about it.
    There's more training available than most would believe, available for use any time via an employee portal.
    Management rewards you for your success, but they also reward loyalty and hard work, with loyalty. You don't have to be afraid for your job if you have a bad month or two.
    Aside from cities where there are other Consultis offices, you are free to work jobs located anywhere, Nationwide. And, to work 'perms', contracts, or both.
    A big thing for me is, sales ad recruiting are considered same level, partners. paid the same, commissioned the same. We believe it does you no good to have the best job orders in the world if you can't get top candidates to fill them; and, if you attract the top-shelf candidates, it does you no good if you don't have top-quality jobs in which to place them. It's a partnership. Like all partnerships, there are ups & downs, but this company maintains an even keel - valuing recruiters and sales efforts equally.
    There is a spirit of cooperation among offices. You can always ask for advice, leads for your location, or contacts from other offices. And, we have a huge database of candidates - available to anyone, unless the candidate is in the interview process elsewhere.
    I could go on & on. If I have a complaint, I can call the VP or the CEO without fear of retribution. I can ask the Corporate back office staff for special requests from clients, I mean, this is a good company.

Cons

We're focused on IT. Sometimes when we go to very large companies, they want a 'one-stop-shop' agency with light industrial or accounting etc. as well. But when we get those large companies to use us, they come back to us. Our quality and customer service are always appreciated.

Expand our network with more Consultis offices. More market penetration.

Do the opposite!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn how NOT to treat people. If you work here for at least a year and then move on and do the opposite of everything they teach you, you will be successful. You really can learn here, in a reverse sort of way. You will learn how NOT to treat clients and candidates. You will have a new and better appreciation for weekends. Your work life will be much sweeter and surprisingly more enjoyable after you leave.

Cons

You will be tried and stressed like never before. You will be yelled at and have your livelihood threatened for things completely out of your control. No suggestions or training will be offered because instead of admitting reality and being on your side/ rallying you with positivity, you will be blamed for failure that is not your fault.

Doesn't matter. Heads are in the sand and as long as they are somewhat profitable, they will never change.

9. A roller coaster ride of great highs and some low's

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Consultis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were great. Some management seemed to care alot. They helped you try to succeed.

Cons

Other management only cared about the numbers. Have seen a few people let go so other Account Managers could steal their accounts. Never happened in my office, but in others. While you have a chance to earn money, the career advancement is non existent.

Good Company to Work With!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Consultis full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family owned and operated for over 30 years. High level of integrity and truly caring environment. They have a really great incentive Beach Club program for internal employees when achieving you goals! Compensation is tied to performance with no caps.

Cons

A smaller company with a fairly flat organization. They have offices in only 6 markets so you'd have to live in one of those markets in order to work for them.

None noted

Hostile work environment due to local manager.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Consultis full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I left this company on a Friday and started new job on a Monday and collected a check while job hunting.

Cons

Monday morning meetings are beat down sessions even when you are doing well. I guess thats the way they motivate you to do better. They pipe line candidates with "proactive" jobs aka jobs that do not exist. You have to interview and lie to people making them think you have a job so when you get one, your ready to submit. When you do get a job to work on they make everyone work on it at the same time so you compete with each other with in the office as well as HR and other agencies. Your not allowed to work on what you feel is logical. Think about this for a minute we are all gonna work on the same job per the boss for the next 2 -3 days. Lets say we are the 1st in and we get interviews only one candidate will move forward. So expect to compete with co workers more then other agencies. You will also find out quickly that most of the jobs coming in are the same ones everyone else in town is working on. So when you get frustrated and try to work on other jobs in tandem. You are told your not following directions and then get scolded when the other recruiter gets a fill or you find out the job was filled internally after you wasted 2-3 days competing against a coworker or working on unqualified reqs.
    Some weeks you overcome it and you just fill 2-3 jobs, expecting praise in the meeting? Nope, you would get a comment like your cherry picking or that's an easy fill and then the manager will go on for hours about his consulting days at some unknown staffing company from 15 yrs ago. Yeah your the man!

I guess turn over works for you, so keep doing what you do your making $. Happy hostile environment.