ConsumerTrack

www.consumertrack.com

ConsumerTrack Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Brett Rossmann

Growing company with a lot of opportunity

ProsCareer growth - company is growing and there is a lot of room to take on leadership role and more responsibility.
    Compensation - I would say they pay above market (especially compared to ad agencies).
    Company culture - there's a person whose sole responsibility is to plan out events for employees.
    Team environment - everyone is very smart and really good at what they do.
    Stability - it's been around a lot longer than most Internet companies .

ConsNot for everyone - If you're not used to working in Internet where it's a fast-paced environment, it's a total culture shock - not everyone is quick to adapt. This isn't a huge company where people can get away with being on Facebook all day.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue promoting and rewarding those that do their best and keep being accessible to all employees. It's the only company where I've been able to walk into the CEO or President's office to talk about my ideas.

ConsumerTrack People & Culture Manager responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

Great advice. Thank you so much for the valuable feedback.

Unprofessional and borderline abusive culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOnly accept an offer at ConsumerTrack if you are unemployed and have zero job prospects.

ConsThis is the kind of workplace that prides itself on its high-mindedness, but their culture is a complete joke. Upper management encourages you speak up and try new things, but when you voice your opinion or criticize the way things are done, you're accused of "not being bought in." Upper management frequently points out the shortcomings of other workers and encourages others to openly do the same. They pit people against each other which leads to a bullying and hostile culture; I've never seen more people cry at work than at this place. I'll also add they think they compensate competitively and offer fantastic benefits, but they don't.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou seem more interested in interpersonal politics and causing emotional turmoil than in running a decent business, so why don't you just start a reality show?

ConsumerTrack People & Culture Manager responded to this review

Jul 21, 2014

I am sorry you had a bad experience. Brett & Jeff have been striving to improve the culture and have hired a People & Culture Manager to do just that. Your feedback is appreciated, valued and helps ... More

Stay Faaar Away, Contractors!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsDecent computers. Free drinks and snack foods in kitchen. Can't think of anything else.

ConsCompany hires a lot of short term contractors which they pay only once a month and more often than not at a reduced amount than originally agreed to IN the contract they issue to you. Several contractors were asked to take significant cuts to their pay retroactively. Others took months to get paid. Certainly they have problems with cash flow and project management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor the contracts you make with your engineers. Pay them on time and fairly or else don't run ads for contractors!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management and people are two faced

ProsThe best and only reason to work here is the location and nice restaurants close by.

ConsAttitude of workers, hard to believe sincerity of people, not a team environment. It's a challenge working in workspace where favoritism is a major factor on how you are treated.

Advice to Senior ManagementWeekly bonuses, some lunches and happy hour doesn't make up for bad leadership.

great company if you want to work and learn

Software Architect (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

Proslearned a ton about the company and industry. company actually wanted people to develop and climb the ladder. company grew a ton while i was there

Conssome people didnt really want to work hard and got in the way

Advice to Senior Managementkeep taking care of your good people and get rid of the people that don't care

Review

PHP Developer (Former Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsCompany culture is very good, nice people to work with

Conspay is less compared to competitors

Loved working for ConsumerTrack

ProsThe people were all extremely knowledgeable, helpful and nice. ConsumerTrack was definitely a fun place to work at and had great perks.

ConsNo cons. I learned a lot from ConsumerTrack and they certainly helped me further my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. Management was great and taught me a lot.

Great Opportunity For Growth

ProsOpportunity for Growth: If you are willing to put in the hard work and effort, exceed at your responsibilities then sky is the limit at this company.

Office Politics: None

Management: Management encourages employees to think outside of the box. Open to new ideas and creative solutions.

Training: Advanced cross functional departmental training for all employees.

Company Culture: Hard working, young, passionate and eager individuals. I've never worked at a company where employees are so committed to their jobs.

Unlimited Learning Potential: One of the best things about this company is that it give you the opportunity to learn, excel at your current role and venture into other areas of interest. The company is very invested in its employees - training, personal/career development and career advancement.

ConsNone, this company is on the right track.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, looking to be here long term!

Amazing Company with Unlimited Growth Potential

Product and Operations (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsI have been working at ConsumerTrack in the product and ops department for less than a year and I am extremely impressed with everything I have seen so far. I have learned SO much and am continuing to learn. ConsumerTrack gives each employee a lot of responsibility which is awesome. Within the first couple of months of working here, I was leading a large meeting which was scary at first but incredible at the same time. The amount of responsibility I have makes me want to go to work and do a good job. Further, the growth potential is unlimited, and senior management only wants everyone to succeed. If you want a promotion and a raise and you work hard and prove yourself, you WILL get it. Also, senior management is extremely open to new ideas and if you have an idea that you think will be profitable and a good thing for the company, senior management is encouraging and will let you take the lead in implementing the idea. Further, the culture is amazing and makes you want to come to work. We have monthly events organized by HR, and you really get to know each employee outside of work which I think is awesome.

ConsI think some employees tend to find some of the goals intimidating, but what people need to realize is that if you need help and you want help, you need to go to your managers and ask for it. Everyone wants you to succeed and will help you hit your goals if you seek the help you need.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, I love working here!

First company in online marketing that i got training and support

Media Account Manager (Current Employee) El Segundo, CA

ProsMy manager really helped me gain confidence in my job so I could hit my goals and get a raise

ConsExpectations are set high, scary at first.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on adding more good people and less of the complaining types. more days off when goals are hit

Worked for ConsumerTrack? Contribute to the Community!