ConsumerTrack

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
4.3

Brett Rossmann

Its nice to feel part of a team

I have been working at ConsumerTrack

Pros

Great people, great office, great opportunity to grow and learn. I think I have done more here than my last job and I was there for 3 years

Cons

nothing major except for people that dont want to be part of a team. There are not many, but always someone that wants to complain instead of being part of the group success

Keep showing that you care and want the company to be great. we appreciate it

Room to grow, supportive management, expect a lot of employees.

Current Employee - Editor in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Editor in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture here is a great balance of offering support where needed but also giving you space to prove yourself and create a workflow that is best for you. The supervisors genuinely care about team members and their success. I have also seen that this company is good at mentoring and helping people move to where their interests lie to help them work on projects they really care about. I also appreciate that there is a lot of space to provide feedback and for ideas to be heard. The benefits are solid, and the company has a great work hard, play hard attitude. They have also been really accommodating of family life and concerns, offering flexible solutions for different situations. ConsumerTrack is a great fit to someone who want to work hard, learn a lot and really hit the ground running.

Cons

A lot will be expected of you, and it's a fast-paced work environment. I believe that there is a high level of support from management, but the truth is you should expect to work hard -- and learn a ton -- working here. Training is more hands-on and goes fast. If things are going rough, expect to be asked to step up your work and even work some extra hours.

I would love to see the 401k matching kick in before a year. Clearer long-term projections for employees' roles (i.e. here's what is next for you, and what you need to do to get there, with a specific time frame). Could be better at synthesizing big-picture strategies down to individual roles.

Life at Consumer Track

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my 8+ years working in this industry, I have never worked for a company like CTI. I had no idea that I would be joining such a great team! Not only do I feel completely valued for what I do, but I also recognize each person's value and work ethic. I am able to grow as a sales person and management supports my personal dreams. I am extremely happy at ConsumerTrack and would recommend this company to anyone who is ready for a challenging and rewarding job.

Cons

Only negatives are unpaid maternity and that vacation accumulates as you work there...and is only 13 days!

ConsumerTrack Response

Nov 21, 2014People & Culture Manager

Thank you so much for your insightful feedback. We listen to our employees and are always working to improve life for employees so there will be some changes to PTO being rolled out in 2015.

So far so good

Current Employee - Media in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Media in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training since i started and already have been promoted in my first 9 months. Lots of opportunity and fun people. Also i like the monthly team events.

Cons

not sure i have any complaints yet -- people have been really nice and helpful and helped me out for my presentation.

i like my manager a lot -- she does not micromanage and gives me more responsibility when i ask for it.

Great culture! Great people driven towards success

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people here are very energetic, passionate and nice.
    Company culture is very welcoming and a fun place to come into work
    Managers are reviewed frequently, ensuring that they are treating their team right and setting them up for success
    Pay is very competitive compared to job market
    Great Benefits and fun monthly company parties

Cons

Chaotic aggressive sprints can contain very little information, requiring you to improvise and chase people down a lot for information.
    No dedicated person on deck to provide project information which makes it a bit tough for new employees to ramp up quickly (not newbie friendly). The learning curb is very steep

Great job guys for keeping everyone here happy. Keep up the good work!

Serious Company -- focused to grow

Current Employee - Tech in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Tech in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company has so much opportunity, it can be daunting. There is a lot to do and people step up to do it. It is competitive, but it is a good group of people and new people added all the time.

I like the chance to rise quickly in my job and feel like people care.

Cons

people who seem to be a little lazy also complain too much. would love to see all that energy focused on doing their job so the rest of us can keep doing ours better and better. Only a few like this, but I guess they are in every company.

keep proving that you do care and recognizing the people. the new Culture manager is a really cool idea.

Racing to greatness with increased focus on technology and innovation

Current Employee - Technology in Manhattan Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Technology in Manhattan Beach, CA

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work is fast pace, never a dull day. Always good to work in a company that's growing 50% year-over-year and hiring like mad. Technology team is maturing and not afraid to innovate and try new things. Culture is important here. Training is provided to new employees from day one. You never stop learning here. There have been high turnover in the previous year, but mostly a good thing - air out the stale air and bring in fresh blood. The bad reviews you see below are from those who do not belong in a professional and fast pace working environment. The people here want to be here and are smart, friendly and ambitious.

Cons

Culture is results-driven, so some are conditioned to take shortcuts to deliver quickly at the expense of strategic and long term value-add. Environment can be chaotic at times, especially since team is new and trying to learn both the business as well as the code. Those who left are horrible at documentation, so lots of reverse-engineering have to be done.

Good to focus on culture, but don't let it hinder company growth - allow new hires who bring their cultures, standards and processes to help evolve the company as we go from small to big. Pay and performance bonuses are good, but consider providing equity to all employees to show investment in our most valuable assets and to get people skin in the game.

Smart online marketing company that makes it's own magic

I have been working at ConsumerTrack

Pros

The best thing about Consumertrack is that many of the people who work here are truly brilliant. The team is constantly pushing the company forward and as a result the ConsumerTrack does very well, especially for a small privately owned company in a very competitive space. What I personally love about working here, is that I can create my own opportunities. If I want a promotion, I can make it happen. You don't sit around waiting for someone to quit in order to make room for your growth.

Cons

People who can't keep up with the fast paced environment quickly fall behind. Expectations are very high, it isn't a fit for anyone who is easily intimidated.

Instead of trying to make the culture for everyone, hire people who fit into the culture already.

A Joke

I worked at ConsumerTrack full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Location is close to food places

Cons

Unrealistic goals. They expect too much from you like you get paid with a ton of gold.

Supervisors are rude and fake

Good company, better for some personalities than others

I have been working at ConsumerTrack full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Casual work environment, motivated individuals trying to pursue passions/climb the ladder of success, lots of young people with fresh ideas. Everyone here is a hard worker, questions are encouraged. A lot of growth potential if you make it clear that you want to try new things and reach certain goals.

Cons

Not the best benefits out there unless you love the gym, but that's expected of a smaller company. To make up for it, the company adds "culture" value-added activities, food, chances to win paid time off, bonuses, etc. This place is not for quiet people that want to blend into the background.