Contech Engineered Solutions

Updated September 22, 2014

Ron Keating

Great Internship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The people at Contech are extremely helpful to others and invested in their work.
    The atmosphere is hardworking but there is also fun when we can afford the time for it.
    As an intern everyone I spoke with was invested in my own growth and helpful in any way they could be.
    Management works extremely hard on everything from their everyday tasks to big-picture plans

Cons

While everyone I worked with directly was wonderful, there are clicks that form. However that is the case with any large group and overall people are lovely.

Great place if you want to be a Salesman

Current Employee - Storm Water in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Storm Water in Portland, OR

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is decent, the employees are friendly

Cons

Expect to work more than 45hrs a week, there is no sick pay, not all employees are treated the same, expect to hear inappropriate conversation, there is little to no engineering (90% sales, 10% engineering), At times selling a superior product, but often you are not.

Management is too worried about being friends with employees and not their boss, unreal profit expectations

Why is Contech constantly hiring a cost accountant? What is the problem???

Current Employee - Cost Accountant in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Cost Accountant in West Chester, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Looking for an answer before considering a career there.

Cons

Obviously high employee turnover - I am wondering why?

I am afraid to take a position there because of the constant turnover

A quick review of Contech

Current Employee - Intern in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Intern in West Chester, OH

Pros

It is a nice work environment with very helpful co-workers. People are always willing to help with whatever task you inquire about.

Cons

I am only with the company for a couple months so I cannot see too much that would counted as a con. I would say from what I read in the other reviews the cons seem to be accurate.

Profitable company with great people, work culture, and benefits.

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work hard, play hard mentality. Everyone is very approachable, kind, knowledgeable, and talented. This company is a great competitor, because of it's products, service, and the people behind it all. Great benefits and company values. Continuously recognized nationally for their wellness fairs and health initiatives.
    The company does a lot of outside volunteer work, including clothes and hygiene products to families in poverty, and service men and women in the military. Every Earth Month, across all locations nationwide, Contech employees go out into the community and plant flowers and trees, pick up trash around highways and waterways.

Cons

With the downturn in the economy, a large number of people were laid off. Additionally, the company went through a restructuring which is beneficial in the long run, but left people very upset and angry during the layoffs in the summer of 2013.

Great work life balance. Management is very approachable and understanding towards family life, as they value theirs as well. Office culture is like great friends. The Management team is full of talented, hard working individuals. Would love to see more women and diversity in the company as a whole. However, the engineering field (in general) is still predominately male.

Contech Engineered Solutions Response

Jul 18, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this great review!

Great company to work for

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions

Pros

Pay was good and worked in a remote location and there was no micromanagement.

Cons

You have a large workload and will work more than your 40 hours a week

Don't just look at numbers when trying to distribute work load. There is more than numbers to tell how busy a person can be.

Flexibility and Development Opportunities

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been incredibly lucky to work here. I have been given the most awesome development opportunities! Contech really does care and invest in my professional development and I can't say how much I appreciate this. My schedule is also flexible when there are personal items I need to take care of. My department and supervisor are fantastic - I really appreciate my relationship both personally and professionally with all of them. All in all I love working for this company and look forward to seeing what the future holds here.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Contech.

I think the highest level of Management is pretty disconnected with the employees. It would go far if they would get more involved or at least aware of what happens lower in the organization.

It's a great time to be at Contech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Pros

Talented people, flexible work schedules, plenty of development opportunity, excellent benefit programs and competitive pay in a safe culture with dedicated employees.

Cons

Lean times and recession tightened the belt for the company over the last 5 years creating heavier work loads for employees and anxiety regarding the company's financial security. As a result morale is still suffering.

You have gotten the company through the most difficult times but keep weathering what's left of the storm! Employees want to hear regularly from Management so even if the news is bad - deliver it.

Great People

Pros

Excellent training and development opportunities as well as good pay and/benefits. I have a great work life balance. I also like the fact the company is environmentally focused not only with its products believes in getting involved and giving back to the local community with programs such as Earth Day volunteer activities. Employees are paid for their time while working on service projects of their choice.

Cons

Matrixed organization can create challenges such as limited communication. This can problems and bottlenecks when the right people aren't involved in a project or a decision.

Provide more transparency and consistent communication across the organization. You seem to be doing some good things but many employees have no clue.

Contech has weathered some extremely tough conditions and markets and is positioned for success. Its good to be here.

Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Constant opportunity to learn. Flexibility in managing day to day responsibilities. Our engineers are some of the smartest people I have worked with. Our products are used worldwide and help solve many infrastructure and ecological challenges. People I work with like what they are working on - they are dedicated professionals. For most part benefits and pay are competitive.

Cons

Little constrained by resources. Sometimes don't get enough information about how we are doing as a company. Because of market a lot of change has been necessary and sometimes a bit much to absorb.

Spend money wisely and where necessary

Contech Engineered Solutions Photos