Contech Engineered Solutions

Ron Keating

Great Internship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Pros

The people at Contech are extremely helpful to others and invested in their work.
    The atmosphere is hardworking but there is also fun when we can afford the time for it.
    As an intern everyone I spoke with was invested in my own growth and helpful in any way they could be.
    Management works extremely hard on everything from their everyday tasks to big-picture plans

Cons

While everyone I worked with directly was wonderful, there are clicks that form. However that is the case with any large group and overall people are lovely.

Profitable company with great people, work culture, and benefits.

Pros

Work hard, play hard mentality. Everyone is very approachable, kind, knowledgeable, and talented. This company is a great competitor, because of it's products, service, and the people behind it all. Great benefits and company values. Continuously recognized nationally for their wellness fairs and health initiatives.
    The company does a lot of outside volunteer work, including clothes and hygiene products to families in poverty, and service men and women in the military. Every Earth Month, across all locations nationwide, Contech employees go out into the community and plant flowers and trees, pick up trash around highways and waterways.

Cons

With the downturn in the economy, a large number of people were laid off. Additionally, the company went through a restructuring which is beneficial in the long run, but left people very upset and angry during the layoffs in the summer of 2013.

Great work life balance. Management is very approachable and understanding towards family life, as they value theirs as well. Office culture is like great friends. The Management team is full of talented, hard working individuals. Would love to see more women and diversity in the company as a whole. However, the engineering field (in general) is still predominately male.

Contech Engineered Solutions Response

Jul 18, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thank you for this great review!

Ability of upward movement and authority to react immediately

Pros

Working with Contech has been great in their management team. The company is looking to expand and is very open to suggestions from all levels of the company. Also, being a part of American Manufacturing is important as well

Cons

Pay is a little low for like work, sometimes feels that there are too many initiatives going on to proper focus on, nurture, and cultivate single ideas/projects

Allow new initiatives to come out at the plant slowly over time instead of adding multiple initiatives rapidly. Give the plant time to adjust and refine new SOP's before pushing in another.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Quality Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Quality Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Lots of good and friendly people to work with.

Cons

Silo'd departmentally making it difficult to work cross functionally.

Doing a good job.

Great company with great people.

Pros

Great work atmosphere, very professional yet laid back. Great people, everyone seems to really enjoy their job. Benefits are great.

Cons

The work hours are long and compensation for work may not be as high as other companies. The work environment does not allow for much physical activity.

A quick review of Contech

Current Employee - Intern  in  West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Intern in West Chester, OH

Pros

It is a nice work environment with very helpful co-workers. People are always willing to help with whatever task you inquire about.

Cons

I am only with the company for a couple months so I cannot see too much that would counted as a con. I would say from what I read in the other reviews the cons seem to be accurate.

Great company to work for

Pros

Pay was good and worked in a remote location and there was no micromanagement.

Cons

You have a large workload and will work more than your 40 hours a week

Don't just look at numbers when trying to distribute work load. There is more than numbers to tell how busy a person can be.

Flexibility and Development Opportunities

Pros

I have been incredibly lucky to work here. I have been given the most awesome development opportunities! Contech really does care and invest in my professional development and I can't say how much I appreciate this. My schedule is also flexible when there are personal items I need to take care of. My department and supervisor are fantastic - I really appreciate my relationship both personally and professionally with all of them. All in all I love working for this company and look forward to seeing what the future holds here.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Contech.

I think the highest level of Management is pretty disconnected with the employees. It would go far if they would get more involved or at least aware of what happens lower in the organization.

It's a great time to be at Contech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Pros

Talented people, flexible work schedules, plenty of development opportunity, excellent benefit programs and competitive pay in a safe culture with dedicated employees.

Cons

Lean times and recession tightened the belt for the company over the last 5 years creating heavier work loads for employees and anxiety regarding the company's financial security. As a result morale is still suffering.

You have gotten the company through the most difficult times but keep weathering what's left of the storm! Employees want to hear regularly from Management so even if the news is bad - deliver it.

Contech has weathered some extremely tough conditions and markets and is positioned for success. Its good to be here.

Current Employee - Director  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Constant opportunity to learn. Flexibility in managing day to day responsibilities. Our engineers are some of the smartest people I have worked with. Our products are used worldwide and help solve many infrastructure and ecological challenges. People I work with like what they are working on - they are dedicated professionals. For most part benefits and pay are competitive.

Cons

Little constrained by resources. Sometimes don't get enough information about how we are doing as a company. Because of market a lot of change has been necessary and sometimes a bit much to absorb.

Spend money wisely and where necessary

Worked for Contech Engineered Solutions? Contribute to the Community!