Contech Engineered Solutions Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great company to work for

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions

Pros

Pay was good and worked in a remote location and there was no micromanagement.

Cons

You have a large workload and will work more than your 40 hours a week

Advice to Management

Don't just look at numbers when trying to distribute work load. There is more than numbers to tell how busy a person can be.

Flexibility and Development Opportunities

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been incredibly lucky to work here. I have been given the most awesome development opportunities! Contech really does care and invest in my professional development and I can't say how much I appreciate this. My schedule is also flexible when there are personal items I need to take care of. My department and supervisor are fantastic - I really appreciate my relationship both personally and professionally with all of them. All in all I love working for this company and look forward to seeing what the future holds here.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Contech.

Advice to Management

I think the highest level of Management is pretty disconnected with the employees. It would go far if they would get more involved or at least aware of what happens lower in the organization.

It's a great time to be at Contech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Pros

Talented people, flexible work schedules, plenty of development opportunity, excellent benefit programs and competitive pay in a safe culture with dedicated employees.

Cons

Lean times and recession tightened the belt for the company over the last 5 years creating heavier work loads for employees and anxiety regarding the company's financial security. As a result morale is still suffering.

Advice to Management

You have gotten the company through the most difficult times but keep weathering what's left of the storm! Employees want to hear regularly from Management so even if the news is bad - deliver it.

5. Great People

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent training and development opportunities as well as good pay and/benefits. I have a great work life balance. I also like the fact the company is environmentally focused not only with its products believes in getting involved and giving back to the local community with programs such as Earth Day volunteer activities. Employees are paid for their time while working on service projects of their choice.

Cons

Matrixed organization can create challenges such as limited communication. This can problems and bottlenecks when the right people aren't involved in a project or a decision.

Advice to Management

Provide more transparency and consistent communication across the organization. You seem to be doing some good things but many employees have no clue.

6. Contech has weathered some extremely tough conditions and markets and is positioned for success. Its good to be here.

Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Constant opportunity to learn. Flexibility in managing day to day responsibilities. Our engineers are some of the smartest people I have worked with. Our products are used worldwide and help solve many infrastructure and ecological challenges. People I work with like what they are working on - they are dedicated professionals. For most part benefits and pay are competitive.

Cons

Little constrained by resources. Sometimes don't get enough information about how we are doing as a company. Because of market a lot of change has been necessary and sometimes a bit much to absorb.

Advice to Management

Spend money wisely and where necessary

You DO NOT want to work here!!!

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

I met some good employees but most left for a better company or got let go because that's how things are done there

Cons

Awful management. They are politicians not leaders, and there is no meaning behind their words. This place had potential to be a good place to work, but the company has been obliterated by the management team. I wouldn't be surprised if it is them posting the only positive reviews about this place. It's probably a requirement for their next promotion

Make sure you read the reviews for CONTECH as well. Contech Engineered Solutions is the new company name but it is the same old bull

Advice to Management

Leave. Work on becoming good people and you might start to realize how a company is supposed to be run, and may actually gain some respect from your employees in the process

Same old song and dance....

Former Employee - Regional Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people with the company's interests at heart.

Cons

The "ELC" has run the company into the ground.They reorganize, learn nothing, reorganize again...each time laying off "A" quality people. The CEO is a leader with a mission - make himself richer at the expense of the people who are keeping the company running. For example, what kind of "leader" sends a company wide email telling employees that times are tough and that we all need to find ways to tighten our belts while at the same time employing a full-time executive pilot to fly his corporate private jet? Or how does this same "leader" justify throwing a private invitation only Christmas Party at Reds Stadium while telling the regions to cut costs by not giving gifts or having parties? This culture has led to mistrust internally and a focus on process and procedures instead of on the customer - resulting in many dissatisfied customers who are finding other alternative products.

Advice to Management

Leave - immediately - and go ruin some other company.

9. No Direction

Pros

Flexibility, lower level employees are easy to work with and are will to help in any way.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to know what direction to go.

10. Very professional company that would go "the distance" to supply our customers!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, IL

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working directly with internal sales engineers & external customers.

Cons

Only 2 employees to cover the entire USA.

Remember Eastern Airlines, Circuit City, and Contech??

Current Employee - Project Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people at the local level and the brand still has awareness; unfortunately it is fading fast

Cons

Multiple layers of redundant & incompetent management that hinder the people trying to conduct business, and stifles new ideas or changes. Overpriced products with no intrinsic value over the competitors’ products. I have worked in numerous regions and the consensus is the same all over. The lack of transparency regarding the company’s future and appearance to only focus on the short-term quick buck makes it a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live here!

Advice to Management

I started with BridgeTek so I know what you know, If you really believe the bridges, pipe, etc are worth a higher premium than the rest of the market, show your people why it is so they can convey it. The fact is that there is no real justification for these higher prices, your customers know it, and your competitors appreciate it.

RSS Feed </> Embed