Contech Engineered Solutions

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014
3.1

Ron Keating

You DO NOT want to work here!!!

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

I met some good employees but most left for a better company or got let go because that's how things are done there

Cons

Awful management. They are politicians not leaders, and there is no meaning behind their words. This place had potential to be a good place to work, but the company has been obliterated by the management team. I wouldn't be surprised if it is them posting the only positive reviews about this place. It's probably a requirement for their next promotion

Make sure you read the reviews for CONTECH as well. Contech Engineered Solutions is the new company name but it is the same old bull

Leave. Work on becoming good people and you might start to realize how a company is supposed to be run, and may actually gain some respect from your employees in the process

Same old song and dance....

Former Employee - Regional Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Manager

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people with the company's interests at heart.

Cons

The "ELC" has run the company into the ground.They reorganize, learn nothing, reorganize again...each time laying off "A" quality people. The CEO is a leader with a mission - make himself richer at the expense of the people who are keeping the company running. For example, what kind of "leader" sends a company wide email telling employees that times are tough and that we all need to find ways to tighten our belts while at the same time employing a full-time executive pilot to fly his corporate private jet? Or how does this same "leader" justify throwing a private invitation only Christmas Party at Reds Stadium while telling the regions to cut costs by not giving gifts or having parties? This culture has led to mistrust internally and a focus on process and procedures instead of on the customer - resulting in many dissatisfied customers who are finding other alternative products.

Leave - immediately - and go ruin some other company.

No Direction

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, lower level employees are easy to work with and are will to help in any way.

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to know what direction to go.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very professional company that would go "the distance" to supply our customers!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, IL

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoyed working directly with internal sales engineers & external customers.

Cons

Only 2 employees to cover the entire USA.

Remember Eastern Airlines, Circuit City, and Contech??

Current Employee - Project Consultant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people at the local level and the brand still has awareness; unfortunately it is fading fast

Cons

Multiple layers of redundant & incompetent management that hinder the people trying to conduct business, and stifles new ideas or changes. Overpriced products with no intrinsic value over the competitors’ products. I have worked in numerous regions and the consensus is the same all over. The lack of transparency regarding the company’s future and appearance to only focus on the short-term quick buck makes it a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live here!

I started with BridgeTek so I know what you know, If you really believe the bridges, pipe, etc are worth a higher premium than the rest of the market, show your people why it is so they can convey it. The fact is that there is no real justification for these higher prices, your customers know it, and your competitors appreciate it.

Going Down Fast

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There really are no pros to working for this company.

Cons

This could be a really long list. Lets start with the executive team: they suck. They don't care about anyone but themselves and they are running the company into the ground. They spend all the money on themselves and the hard working employees pay for it. Countless employees have left over the past several months, and they have turned to hiring young, fresh out of college kids that have no clue what they are getting themselves into. Run fast from this company if you are a current employee or if you are interviewing. There are much better companies out there. This one is going down fast. Numbers are being fudged and something shady is definitely going down.

Get a clue. Learn how to run a company. Stop spending all the money on yourselves.

President of this, President of that... getting nowhere.

Former Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not much. Although in the right territory and smoozing the correct mgmt you can find yourself with some lucrative sales territories/compensation structures.

Cons

Company is mismanaged beyond comprehension. They can't get the management structure correct, have too many Presidents of this and Presidents of that who clearly can't make the correct decisions for the company (as evident by numerous layoff's, poor product quality, logistical internal nightmares and pricing which is anything but competitive), This ship has already sunk. Not the company of the 80's and 90's.

Less smoke and mirrors pretending you know what you are doing.

Company is mismanaged!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  West Chester, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I really can't think of any pros to working for this company, there are so many other "good" companies out there.

Cons

Not a healthy work environment, nor does CONTECH offer its employees any type of work life balance. The company hasn't been financially stable in over five years. in my time at CONTECH the private investors changed four times. What does that say about a company? The company is totally mismanaged. Employees are over worked and not appreciated.

They wouldn't take note of anyone's suggestions, so why make a comment here.

Future is uncertain

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions

Pros

Good benifits, good people. Everyone works hard to strengthen the business in these hard times.

Cons

Managment is all over the place. Goals and company focus change all the time. Very little communication on company performance.

Ability of upward movement and authority to react immediately

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

Pros

Working with Contech has been great in their management team. The company is looking to expand and is very open to suggestions from all levels of the company. Also, being a part of American Manufacturing is important as well

Cons

Pay is a little low for like work, sometimes feels that there are too many initiatives going on to proper focus on, nurture, and cultivate single ideas/projects

Allow new initiatives to come out at the plant slowly over time instead of adding multiple initiatives rapidly. Give the plant time to adjust and refine new SOP's before pushing in another.

Contech Engineered Solutions Photos

Worked for Contech Engineered Solutions? Contribute to the Community!