Contech Engineered Solutions

Good Learning Experience for an Intern

Intern (Former Employee)
Linthicum, MD

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions as an intern for less than a year

ProsWide range of areas of work: (Wastewater and stormwater treatment, retaining walls, piping, infiltration systems, precast bridges) The travel is not bad and most projects are located within a 25 mile radius.

ConsLow pay. Lots of free engineering and takeoffs are done for clients; however, the company is not compensated for this, unless a Contech product is incorporated into the design.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward Employees more

You DO NOT want to work here!!!

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

ProsI met some good employees but most left for a better company or got let go because that's how things are done there

ConsAwful management. They are politicians not leaders, and there is no meaning behind their words. This place had potential to be a good place to work, but the company has been obliterated by the management team. I wouldn't be surprised if it is them posting the only positive reviews about this place. It's probably a requirement for their next promotion

Make sure you read the reviews for CONTECH as well. Contech Engineered Solutions is the new company name but it is the same old bull

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave. Work on becoming good people and you might start to realize how a company is supposed to be run, and may actually gain some respect from your employees in the process

No Direction

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility, lower level employees are easy to work with and are will to help in any way.

ConsUpper management doesn't seem to know what direction to go.

Very professional company that would go "the distance" to supply our customers!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Springfield, IL

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI enjoyed working directly with internal sales engineers & external customers.

ConsOnly 2 employees to cover the entire USA.

Going Down Fast

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere really are no pros to working for this company.

ConsThis could be a really long list. Lets start with the executive team: they suck. They don't care about anyone but themselves and they are running the company into the ground. They spend all the money on themselves and the hard working employees pay for it. Countless employees have left over the past several months, and they have turned to hiring young, fresh out of college kids that have no clue what they are getting themselves into. Run fast from this company if you are a current employee or if you are interviewing. There are much better companies out there. This one is going down fast. Numbers are being fudged and something shady is definitely going down.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. Learn how to run a company. Stop spending all the money on yourselves.

Remember Eastern Airlines, Circuit City, and Contech??

Project Consultant (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood people at the local level and the brand still has awareness; unfortunately it is fading fast

ConsMultiple layers of redundant & incompetent management that hinder the people trying to conduct business, and stifles new ideas or changes. Overpriced products with no intrinsic value over the competitors’ products. I have worked in numerous regions and the consensus is the same all over. The lack of transparency regarding the company’s future and appearance to only focus on the short-term quick buck makes it a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live here!

Advice to Senior ManagementI started with BridgeTek so I know what you know, If you really believe the bridges, pipe, etc are worth a higher premium than the rest of the market, show your people why it is so they can convey it. The fact is that there is no real justification for these higher prices, your customers know it, and your competitors appreciate it.

President of this, President of that... getting nowhere.

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNot much. Although in the right territory and smoozing the correct mgmt you can find yourself with some lucrative sales territories/compensation structures.

ConsCompany is mismanaged beyond comprehension. They can't get the management structure correct, have too many Presidents of this and Presidents of that who clearly can't make the correct decisions for the company (as evident by numerous layoff's, poor product quality, logistical internal nightmares and pricing which is anything but competitive), This ship has already sunk. Not the company of the 80's and 90's.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess smoke and mirrors pretending you know what you are doing.

Company is mismanaged!

West Chester, OH

I worked at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI really can't think of any pros to working for this company, there are so many other "good" companies out there.

ConsNot a healthy work environment, nor does CONTECH offer its employees any type of work life balance. The company hasn't been financially stable in over five years. in my time at CONTECH the private investors changed four times. What does that say about a company? The company is totally mismanaged. Employees are over worked and not appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey wouldn't take note of anyone's suggestions, so why make a comment here.

Future is uncertain

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions

ProsGood benifits, good people. Everyone works hard to strengthen the business in these hard times.

ConsManagment is all over the place. Goals and company focus change all the time. Very little communication on company performance.

Ability of upward movement and authority to react immediately

I have been working at Contech Engineered Solutions full-time

ProsWorking with Contech has been great in their management team. The company is looking to expand and is very open to suggestions from all levels of the company. Also, being a part of American Manufacturing is important as well

ConsPay is a little low for like work, sometimes feels that there are too many initiatives going on to proper focus on, nurture, and cultivate single ideas/projects

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow new initiatives to come out at the plant slowly over time instead of adding multiple initiatives rapidly. Give the plant time to adjust and refine new SOP's before pushing in another.

Worked for Contech Engineered Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Contech Engineered Solutions reviews and ratings. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Contech Engineered Solutions employees.