Contegix Reviews

1 Rating

Good Benefits and People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Contegix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is really down to earth and easy to get along with. I believe they genuinely care about their employees and their customers. It really makes the job a lot easier when customer satisfaction starts at the top. They work hard to keep employee morale up and create a sense of camaraderie among the office with company get-togethers and incentive programs.

All necessary items to get your job done are provided. Computers and software are up to date and in good working order. There are other little perks, such as, snacks, coffee and beverages. Those are items that you would take for granted unless you worked at a place where they aren't provided. To me, it shows that they care and they don't mind spending a little bit of money to provide for their employees.

Another great thing about Contegix is that all employee benefits (health, dental, vision, short & long term disability) are included. I paid over $200 a month at my previous employer and they did not even offer short & long term disability as an option.

Cons

No cons at this point.

Keep up the good work!

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your review and are thrilled to hear your praise for our management, work environment, and benefits! We are continually striving to make Contegix a great place to work. It’s great to ... More

Type A's only need apply...

Former Employee - Linux Tier III Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Linux Tier III Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contegix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to work with the latest technology in the marketplace from Web/App hosting platforms to scripting and programming to every level of FOSS applications. Fantastic range of knowledge.

Fast paced, you are busy from the time you sit down until the time you leave for the day.

Good work environment, you can go from a linux fan to a linux expert in a very short time.

Excellent benefits are available, at competitive pricing.

Engineers with exceptional skills can stand out and become a real asset known directly to clients, not just internal management.

Cons

Some members of management, and owners can be curt, or demoralizing at times. Don't have a thin skin, know that you can take extreme criticism before applying.

On call rotation can leave shift leads with very little time to sleep.

Short staffing times sometimes lead to inability to take vacation or needed time off.

Expectations of perfection can create high stress levels.

Being a minute late is punished, but being early and jumping in to help out is not recognized.

Figure out where mistakes are most likely to be made, where knowledge is lacking in new employees, or in little used technology and make sure internal documentation is VERY clear, even step by step. Don't expect the engineers to write this documentation they are too busy to do so.

Harsh criticism followed by instruction on how to do things correctly is fine. Harsh criticism that ends are calling an engineer out in front of other engineers to cultivate an atmosphere of fear is not.

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

We are glad to hear that you found the work environment pleasing and were able to advance your Linux knowledge during your time with Contegix. Thank you for raising your concerns regarding management ... More

Growth company with good people and a fun atmosphere

I have been working at Contegix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Challenging subject matter. I love assisting customers with their IT support issues
    Management team is taking company in the right direction
    Fast growing company with a lot of momentum makes, the atmosphere exciting
    Coworkers really seem to like each other and work well together
    Dead weight, bitter employees have moved on

Cons

Vacation policy is somewhat restrictive. Not too many paid holidays

Keep pushing and driving the company forward. The past 6 months have been impressive with all of the growth, communication and strategic planning.

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are so happy to hear your praise for management, your comments on the work environment, and that you enjoy helping our customers. We also thank you for ... More

No response specialist

Former Employee - No Response Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - No Response Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contegix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Knowledgable team.
    Good way to learn web hosting if you have no prior experience in it and want to learn.
    Not an uptight corporate environment.

Cons

Poor description of job.
    Knowledge can be wasted depending on background.
    They hired people with the wrong background by not explaining the position properly, then put them in extremely entry-level borderline secratary roles, and look down on them like they are idiots incapable of doing anything knowledgable. They then disrespected these people because of it.
    Uncomfortably small workspace.
    Frequent unreasonable schedule changes.
    Part of management dresses like Carlton Banks.

Treat employees fairly and it will work out over time.
    Management should not be driving around in 60k SUVs while engineers don't even make that in a year.

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We have since taken this issue to our leadership team, and worked very hard to address the concerns you mentioned. We feel that our job descriptions and expectations are ... More

Contegix = Traumatizing

I worked at Contegix full-time

Pros

Nice group of people (with the exception of "management")
    Fun Christmas parties

Cons

Company has been through a lot of ups and downs

Low pay for engineers

Politically based lay-offs

Outrageous turnover

Terrible and unsustainable business model

Owners being sued by 25% stakeholder

Owners being forced to migrate 100% of its customers to a completely different data center because they were kicked out of the one they are currently in (will most certainly result in attrition).

Management run by children. CEO, CTO and Directors are all under 35 years old.

The list goes on.....

Contegix is incredibly unprofessional and probably best suited for a recent graduate (if they are desperate)

Grow UP!
    Stop being so self-absorbed and learn how to make decisions. The RIGHT decisions!

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed the company of your co-workers during your time at Contegix. We take pride in hiring good people. We are, however, sorry to hear of your ... More

Worker

I have been working at Contegix full-time

Pros

I don't have many perks with the company. I quit because I found that the CEO is terrible leader and the company is unprofitable. I would place this job as a 1 out of 10. Do not work here. The CEO is terrible and does nor know how to run a bushiness.

Cons

Terrible place to work! I was there for 2 years, no bonuses, or even achievement recognition. o not work here.

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with Contegix. We value your feedback and have worked hard to improve in those areas. We are seeing continued ... More

TERRIBLE place to work

I worked at Contegix full-time

Pros

People there are nice. Health insurance was cheap. Downtown location. Work doesn't come home with you if you don't let it. However...

Cons

...upper management has no clue how to run a proper business model for what they are trying to achieve. Terrible cheap, low quality hardware utilized. Insecure, flat layer 3 network, that is not PCI/HIPAA compiant even if they say it is. Procedures are non existant, and the ones that do either fail or change often. High turnover rates, even in management. You will burn out quick. Constantly under legal pressure from external sources. Unstable and untruthful upper management. Negative atmosphere. Unprofessionalism spread around the entire company. Overall a TERRIBLE place to consider working for. A TRAP. Hardly would even put this on a resume. Most of the engineers still there (that have been there for a year or more) are currently considering leaving.

At this rate, it's probably best that the company was either sold off or dismantled.

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear your satisfaction with our healthcare package and the low stress environment. We also appreciate your concern that our customers may not be receiving ... More

Worst Employer of My Life

Former Employee - Linux Support Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Linux Support Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contegix full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Got to suffer alongside some truly remarkable individuals; now whenever we cross paths again we have a cetain sense of comradery.

Cons

Poor Management
    Unrelaistic Work Expectations
    Waste of Human Potential. lack of proper resource optimization
    Culture based upon fear of failure and not a desire to do well
    Questionable work ethic / moral compass
    Mismanaged work flow
    Poor proccesses and procedures
    non-existant change management
    seems there was always only one job for technical people
    Management doesn't know what to do with professional people who have worked in the real world.

Take your current business odel and burn it. There are more stakeholders in any business than just customer and owner; employee and supplier groups are also greatly important. You will continue to bleed staff until you are dry unless you correct this.

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you have made some good friendships during your time with us, but I am sorry to hear you had bad experience. We have taken your concerns seriously ... More

Great culture, great people but poorly managed and at risk of losing out on success

Former Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Linux Systems Administrator in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contegix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people that work there. There is a lot to learn and grow from individually. The work environment can be fun.

Cons

There is little to no career opportunity. The work environment is mostly stressful and disorganized. There are poor procedures in place and things tend to go wrong a lot of the time. There are problems retaining adequate staff levels.

You need to figure out how to retain staff and improve the work environment before you lose it all. You need to compensate people with talent and give them a sense that they will grow with the company rather than use them up and throw them out the back when you are done with their services.

Oct 13, 2014Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We happy to hear that you enjoyed the work environment, and were able to learn and grown from your experience here. Thank you for also sharing your concerns over the lack ... More