Contemporary Services Corporation

www.contemporaryservices.com

Contemporary Services Corporation Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
Contemporary Services Corporation – “CSC Event Staff”

Damon Zumwalt

Great first job and leaning experience

Event Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsYou are able to see allot of great concerts and sporting events along with some behind the scenes situations. Every event is different so it never gets boring with the different patrons and staff. Worked for CSC from high school and ended after 15 years and had some great times with different coworkers over the years in the South Fl branch. It was my fund job after I started working FT elsewhere. I wish they had an office in where I live now in Raleigh NC, I miss the event life.

ConsLong hours and sometimes you are our all day in the sun or rain. But you make your own schedule and for the most part work when you want to. Pay is not great but you do get to somewhat enjoy a free event and interact with celebrities and starts depending on where you are posted.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere was allot of turn over at the management level but overall for the most part management did a good job trying to keep everyone happy.

Always had a helping hand

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCSC was always looking out for its employees while I was working for them. Any problems that would come up in my life, they always understood and would work with me for my hours.

ConsBeing able to work full time with them proves very difficult. The crazy schedule of different events makes it difficult for you to have another job.

Paychecks being held up to long

Event Security Officer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSeeing stars and events Having Fun meet new people.

ConsTo short of breaks HR Managers are unorganized they need better managers for all positions Extremely Payroll

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve a whole lot more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a waste of time

Event Staff (Current Employee) Miramar, FL

Prosyou get to be at the event for free, flexible schedule

Consno hours, you can get suspended so easily even when you call in, you cant talk to stars when they show up at the event, don't expect to do 6 to 8 hours every day and get paid more than your friend doing minimum wage, they don't pay for the 2 weeks you did, they pay you a week's worth every two weeks and that's a rip off, plus you get audited for no reason

Advice to Senior Managementfix the hours and how the pay works

Maybe

ProsIt has its perks with all of the events you get to work from concerts to sports games. It's fun/

ConsSlow season. The choices in picking supervisors. No pay raises. Favoritism. Hard to schedule work sometimes. No bonuses except for the bosses who keep the employee bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive us our bonuses. Stop playing favorites. Work harder on getting more contracts and more events so it's never slow.

Long hours

Event Staff (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGet many hours
    Experience events
    Awesome people to work with

ConsLong hours, not many breaks
    Pay is bad

Advice to Senior ManagementN?A

It, a job a parttime or seasonal take it or leave .

Event Staff (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIt, a fun jobs, you see the games and get paid for it .

ConsIt, a jobs if u like crowds dunken people ok .

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

the worst security company I have ever worked for

Usc Ambassador/Event Staff (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosthere is absolutely nothing positive about my experience other then I was able to help people when needed and keep them safe

Consdiscrimination drug and alcohol abuse denial of breaks inexperienced staff and a threat to public safety

Advice to Senior Managementsensitivity training random drug testing training on customer service stop illegal use of drugs alcohol and infighting stop exploitive behavior a happy employee will always perfom better then a warm body

Not the brightest bulbs in the Chandelier

Event Staff (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBeing a college student, I could basically set my own schedule. If you are somewhat intelligent and look and act that way, you will most likely get a good post to work.

ConsBringing your own food to a venue is a must. Otherwise, don't get hungry because the venue food is expensive and most likely, hazardous to your long-term health. This company will not provide you with food, Only with water. I was in the downtown L.A. area for an interview with a future employer and I went to pick up my paycheck one afternoon and I am 100% sure I was the Only person in line with any type of college under my belt. All of the men and women in the line had tattoos, and talked language that was not intelligible, loud , and vulgar. Not to be rude, but it seriously looked like the prisons had let folks out, and/or the welfare office released a bunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom what I have heard, the owner does not like to invest money, especially on vehicles and employees. But, when you hire folks that aren't bright, you can get away with a lot.

great company but.......

Security Guard (Current Employee) Fresno, CA

ProsI loved the fact that you got a chance to see famous/ important people

Consyou have to put yourself on the schedule to work
    when it is time for you to schedule the lines are mostly busy

Advice to Senior Managementmore ablitie for more people to schedule and work

Worked for Contemporary Services Corporation? Contribute to the Community!