Contemporary Services Corporation

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Damon Zumwalt

Pros
  • Free admission to sporting events and concerts (in 5 reviews)

• You are able to see allot of great concerts and sporting events along with some behind the scenes situations (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • hard work for barely above minimum wage is expected, slackers welcome (in 5 reviews)

• Pay and long hours, rude customers (in 4 reviews)

1. Event Staff

I have been working at Contemporary Services Corporation part-time

Pros

The applying and interview process was very easy. The job is easy as well. You get to make up your own hours and just have fun.

Cons

You will need to stand on your feet all day. There are not many breaks. pays minimum wage.

2. Security

Current Employee - Security Officer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Contemporary Services Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great staff . I like the fact that I get to be apart of important events

Cons

Can be long hours. Sometime the supervisor are unable to relocate you when necessary.

3. Great flexibility

Pros

The main thing I liked was the degree of flexibility. You work based on your own schedule and needs since there is no set workweek.

Cons

There are few cons I have. The main one is the pay is not enough. Also, at large events, our employee lines are ridiculously long. It would have been helpful to have three or four employees signing employees in and out.

Advice to Management

Increase the pay in larger increments for staff who do a great job and regularly receive compliments from patrons.

5. Security Officer

Current Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL

I have been working at Contemporary Services Corporation (Less than a year)

Pros

great company,I love the atmosphere

Cons

not enough hours,sometimes the work is slow

6. Security/ Crowd Control/ Greeter

Former Employee - Security Guard in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Contemporary Services Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gaining experience with working with a team of people.

Cons

Low pay wages and scheduling

7. Good enough

Current Employee - Security Guard in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Security Guard in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Contemporary Services Corporation part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A couple benefits to working with CSC are 1. Can choose when to work 2. The job is pretty easy 3. Work concerts, soccer games, festivas etc 4. Get your guard card and you get a $1 increase in pay, doesn't sound much but its worth it. 5. The company helps you get your guard card, you can work to pay it off 6. Hire all ages, heights, weights etc

Cons

Some cons are 1. The job is permant part-time (no benefits) 2. If you don't drive you might not get a lot of work 3. People expect you to know everything and will ask you every question they can, you won't know all the answers 4. You're standing for long periods of time...buy good shoes (all black)

Advice to Management

No real advice for management. They do the best they can and that's appreciated.

8. Not Bad for Part-Time

Current Employee - Event Staffer in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Event Staffer in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Contemporary Services Corporation part-time

Pros

mostly good people, family like atmosphere,I'd say 90% good supervisors, estimated time out is usually accurate with some wriggle room left over (unless it's a sporting event that goes into over time), get to choose schedule I like that they follow through with accommodating employees with physical disabilities.

Cons

You do stand the whole time in most positions, but your told that from the beginning. 15 or 20 minutes is not enough time to eat especially at Nissan Stadium if your posted far away from where they keep the bags or stand in line to get food. There is one person that always gives faulty information in the scheduling office, not sure who but something he tells you will almost always be wrong.

Advice to Management

Make sure that all the supervisors follow the 30 min meal break on longer days, because some of them don't, and consider a 30min meal break for larger venues that make 15 hard. Find out who the person is that's bad at giving info in scheduling and have him do something else.

9. Constantly Staying Confused

Pros

You get to work at various sporting events and concerts.

Cons

Hmmm am I allowed to use profanity? I have only been with this company 3 months and I'm already disgusted. I showed them my 40 hour guard card certificate and they STILL have me at $9.50 after 3 months! I have emailed them countless times and they say they will fix it, but they dont. I called and left so many messages but never got a single call back. If I was to not show up at my post, they would be calling me though! They make all kinds of promises at orientation just to get you in. Bait and switch. Unbelievable this company has been I business this long. They do not know how to treat their employees

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate and get off your high horse.

10. Fun times

Former Employee - Whatever They Need in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Whatever They Need in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Contemporary Services Corporation part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work when you want, flex hours, some travel with stipends.

Cons

Work in all types of weather. Too many "chiefs".

11. Not bad

Pros

Get to see events for free

Cons

Standing for long periods of time

RSS Feed </> Embed