Continental AG
www.careers-continental.com Hannover, Germany 5000+ Employees

Continental AG Reviews in Mount Vernon, IL

Elmar Degenhart

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

If you feel auto-motivated, this is the right place for you

Maintenance Area Manager (Current Employee)
Mount Vernon, IL

I have been working at Continental AG full-time for more than a year

ProsFreedom to act
Global
Learning and development opportunities

ConsThe level of stress is higher than the industry of similar size
Work life balance
Salary

So far the work environement has been pleasant

Set-Up Tec (Current Employee)
Mount Vernon, IL

I have been working at Continental AG full-time for less than a year

ProsIt offers a safe and clean work environment on the new side. I don't know about the old side.

ConsThere seems to be a lack of communication between boss and employee. Not bad, but it could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementThere could be a better new hire training of position, not just going over benifits and safety, ect.

Use to be a great place to work.

Industrial Electronics Technician, (Current Employee)

I have been working at Continental AG full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPays well for the area as long as it is close and work conditions are not considered.

ConsDoes not pay as well for a larger area especially for the conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about keeping the new people that are only going to be there for a little while anyway. Start worrying about the keeping the people that are going to stay for awhile and give them hope that some day they will not have to worry about being on Weekends or Rotating Shifts.

Good Place to work - Recommended

I have been working at Continental AG

ProsChallenging work, good growth opportunities for top employees. Job stability, chances to move up the ladder pretty quick if you show motivation and self-management

ConsQuality of life in Mt. Vernon, IL is not the best. Poor school system for young kids, no major universities around town for continuing education for adults. Zero entertainment for kids or adults...

Poorly managed and weak leadership.

Industrial Electronics Technician, Electrical Technician, Electrician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Continental AG

ProsPay is "good" for the area. Good benefits package.

ConsNew hires will undoubtedly work nights and weekends for many years to come. Promotions are not made on merit. Some technicians make significantly more money even though their level of expertise may not warrant such an increase. Causes much discontent.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some managers from other industries and stop promoting people with only tire plant experience. Pay for some corporate leadership training programs to improve the efficiency of those managers you currently have.
Streamline the organization and eliminate the dead weight. (Having to answer to 5 supervisors is not efficient and makes for a lot of confusion.)

Worked for Continental AG? Contribute to the Community!

Continental AG – Why Work for Us?

Brake systems, powertrain and chassis systems and components, instrumentation, infotainment solutions, vehicle electronics, tires, and technical elastomers are just a small cross-section of Continental’s broad product… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Continental AG reviews and ratings in Mount Vernon, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Continental AG CEO Elmar Degenhart. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Continental AG employees.