Continental Airlines Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Continental Airlines President and CEO, United Continental Holdings, Inc. Jeffery A. Smisek
Jeffery A. Smisek

Pros
  • the flight benefits were great too (in 31 reviews)

• Continental had great travel benefits and forward thinking in regards to technology (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management was extremely clueless as to the direction of the company (in 8 reviews)

• Also, the company has completely changed and the service has gone down hill since merger with United Airlines (in 4 reviews)

Continental is the best US carrier to work for.

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

A company with good leadership and vision towards the future. They seem to proactive instead of reactive to the pit falls of the industry.

Cons

It is an Airline and like all of the otheree carriers the airline business is tough one.

Advice to Management

Keep making customer service number one. We are still full service and not a low cost carrier. Keep it up

Continental is a leader among airlines as a place to work

Current Employee - B757/B767 First Officer/Pilot in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - B757/B767 First Officer/Pilot in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

Continental Airlines has a great corporate culture. Employees on the whole are respectful toward each other. Continental Airlines also has one of the best airline management teams.

Cons

Contnental Airlines is still subject to the downsides of the industry. Management is quick to pass on pay cuts, and very slow to provide raises.

Advice to Management

With oil at $40 a barrell it is time to give employees some raises. Additionally a major motivator of your employees is nonrev pass travel. As loads increase, you should consider giving each employee two sets of positive space first class passes.

3. Great company to work for

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

I get to travel all over the world and get paid for it. I also meet all kinds of people from all walks of life, and I enjoy working with my coworkers.

Cons

Since I don't live at my base, I have to commute.

Advice to Management

none

5. Continental Airlines is the best!!

Current Employee - International Service Manager in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - International Service Manager in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

Great morale, and flexibility of schedule.

Cons

Lot's of time away from home, and holidays missed.

Advice to Management

Get us some big airplanes, and lets expand more internationally!!!!

6. Continental Airlines is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Care Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

Flexibility is the best reason to work for Continental Airlines

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest because of 9/11. But it is getting better

Advice to Management

Keep doing the job you are doing

7. Senior Management Sucks

Current Employee - Gate Agent in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Gate Agent in Houston, TX

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

Benefits. Travel. Flexability. Pay is decent for what we do.

Cons

Senior management at Houston Airport. Senior Director, Assistant Directors and hub Mangagers all need to be replaced.

Advice to Management

Stay at work once in a while and appreciate your employees. Employees not Equals or Hub Managers. It seems like the A.D.s a re always playing golf or leaving once the Senior A.D or Vp is gone and then they pull a hub Manager to cover them so they can leave. They are Over paid and all they do is shoot e-mails back and fourth.

Listen.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

You just can't get the jet fuel out of your blood. Out of all the big 5 airlines, Continental is the best, but has a ways to go to be equatible to middle management.

Cons

Over 10 years since a pay increase, in fact it has decreased. Benefits are starting to disappear, and the Dignity is certainly on the downside. I don't think our executives listen to employees ideas anymore. They have their own ideas and be damned the employees ideas.

Advice to Management

Listen to the ideas given by employees. In our cabin since we are steadfast on the checked bag policy we must figure out something about pillows and blankets. The ideal would be to eliminate these special charges and separate ourselves from the rest of the pack. We are losing bookings to Southwest due to this in markets we compete. People are actually OK with making stops and changes of planes to keep from paying added fees. It creates ill will with our passengers and on full flights our passengers are fighting each other for overhead space.

Overall a good place to work - but why are you in this industry?

Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Houston, TX

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

Flexability in Schedule with day/shift trades. Travel Benefits (when you can get on a flight...they are always so full when you want to go someplace.)

Cons

Shift Work - 24/7 operation. No Holidays off for several years until you get seniority.

Advice to Management

Keep us #1 How can we fix the delays in EWR? It's affecting my on time bonus checks

A great place to work if you are interested in flight benefits.

Former Employee - Manager Technology in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager Technology in Houston, TX

I worked at Continental Airlines

Pros

Flight benefits are great if you can get on a flight and not bothered by standby. CO also offers benefits to domestic partners.

Cons

Low pay versus similar jobs on the market and there is little opportunity for career advancement

Advice to Management

Senior management should be required to take more courses on leadership and mentoring. Many in senior management roles have the work skills but not the people skills.

A Continental Flight Attendant's view from the sky.

I have been working at Continental Airlines

Pros

Best reasons to work for Continental are the Benefits, Work Schedule and People I work with!!

Cons

Schedules change every month and base on senority you may have to work Holidays. However, there is always a way to change your schedule to hold days off. Dealing with Passengers who are not familar with the rules of the airline industry and become confrontational is hard to deal with. Carry on baggage has been an issue during boarding. Also having to deal with cramped seating during a long, full flight.

Advice to Management

Provide more comfort in coach class seating. Provide a better boarding system to help out Flight Attendants and Agents during the boarding phase of flight. Better on-time for everyone involved! Extra large passengers in smaller seats need to be dealt with outside of the aircraft due to the embarrassment of the passenger and those around them in close proximity...also, not all flight attendants know how to deal with this professionally.

RSS Feed </> Embed