Continental Airlines

www.united.com

Continental Airlines Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2010's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • the flight benefits were great too (in 31 reviews)

• Management support, fair compensation, flexible schedules and generous travel benefits (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are not a pet or favorite of immediate middle management, you can expect your life to be miserable (in 8 reviews)

• Merger with United destroyed it (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Flight Attendants....little appreciation!!!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsWork-regs. flexibility/ ability to drop down to 0 hours if necessary/proud to have held together/ Great people everyday you get to work with/ convenient for mothers

ConsUnder-compensation/ Company alters computers to their advantage/ lack of Union representation

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge how hard everyone works and reward for being voted "Best Flight Attendants in N. America"

Continental is a leader among airlines as a place to work

B757/B767 First Officer/Pilot (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsContinental Airlines has a great corporate culture. Employees on the whole are respectful toward each other. Continental Airlines also has one of the best airline management teams.

ConsContnental Airlines is still subject to the downsides of the industry. Management is quick to pass on pay cuts, and very slow to provide raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith oil at $40 a barrell it is time to give employees some raises. Additionally a major motivator of your employees is nonrev pass travel. As loads increase, you should consider giving each employee two sets of positive space first class passes.

Continental is the best US carrier to work for.

Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsA company with good leadership and vision towards the future. They seem to proactive instead of reactive to the pit falls of the industry.

ConsIt is an Airline and like all of the otheree carriers the airline business is tough one.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep making customer service number one. We are still full service and not a low cost carrier. Keep it up

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI get to travel all over the world and get paid for it.
    I also meet all kinds of people from all walks of life, and I enjoy working with my coworkers.

ConsSince I don't live at my base, I have to commute.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Senior Management Sucks

Gate Agent (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBenefits. Travel. Flexability. Pay is decent for what we do.

ConsSenior management at Houston Airport. Senior Director, Assistant Directors and hub Mangagers all need to be replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay at work once in a while and appreciate your employees. Employees not Equals or Hub Managers. It seems like the A.D.s a re always playing golf or leaving once the Senior A.D or Vp is gone and then they pull a hub Manager to cover them so they can leave. They are Over paid and all they do is shoot e-mails back and fourth.

Continental... still working hard and flying right.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsThey treat all their employees with respect. I truly feel the upper management understands that a company succeeds from the bottom level employees up.

ConsI worked for another airline years ago and honestly feel like Continental has a good grasp on creating "lines" or set schedules for the flight attendants, however, some of our bases seem to have new employees on call a lot longer than others. I think they need to look at what bases such as Newark are doing in order to have an overall standard. An average wait for a line in Newark is around 2-3 years compared to Houston which is 8-9 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they're doing a great job! Keep it up!

Continental Airlines is the best!!

International Service Manager (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsGreat morale, and flexibility of schedule.

ConsLot's of time away from home, and holidays missed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet us some big airplanes, and lets expand more internationally!!!!

Okay company to work for.

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThey give good employee feedback. Working with the customers on flights can be fun. Going to different cities is a blast and working with other flight attendants and the crew is fun. I visited many different cities while I was working for them. They have a modern fleet of airplines and they try their best to provide good customer service to all the people that fly on the airline. They are based in Houston, so if you are based in Houston, TX, you will have the ability to fly more flights and get in your hours for the month. I really enjoyed working for them.

ConsPassriding can be difficult. Sometimes managers are too busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the small people.

Continental Airlines is a great place to work!

Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility is the best reason to work for Continental Airlines

ConsPay isn't the greatest because of 9/11. But it is getting better

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the job you are doing

Worked for Continental Airlines? Contribute to the Community!