Continental Motors

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

John F. Weinberger Sr.

Wish it could have been better

Engine Assembler (Former Employee) Mobile, AL

Prosworked with a number of talented dedicated people, almost impossible to get fired, holidays off, company has a union

ConsNo place for advancement, poor management skills, frequent layoffs, mediocre benefits,union

Advice to Senior ManagementMy time at Continental Motors was bitter sweet. I was surrounded by a team of people that were talented and dedicated. Continental Motors has the potential to be a great company. But, due to the poor managerial skills that engulfs the environment at the company I can only hope for the best. Hard work and achievement are not valued at this company at all for hourly employees. If you work hard and come to work everyday you will advance at the same rate as someone who never comes to work and does not do anything to advance his or her skills or knowledge. Some supervisors do not have efficient knowledge to know whats going on in their own shop so they rely heavily on people who have been their a significant amount of time to run the shop and this leads to division, confusion and favoritism. This company is in desperate need of an open door policy or a suggestion box, because either upper management does not care, does not notice the problems, or are the problem. Simply put, the talented individuals that work there deserve much more.

Stabbed in the back and left for dead

Intermediate Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) Mobile, AL

Prosthey like contractors, because they don't add to the head count

ConsManagement is weak from the TOP down

Director of IT can't even setup his own email or realize his wireless is turned off

they don't see the need for the IT department, I was terminated after 6 months, I was told that I had not performed as expected and gave no examples or reasons. The Head of HR said things like we dont have to tell you and we do not have to document anything. I was met with anger as my department wheeped, I know my department heads wanted me to stay, I feel it is political,

HR department has too much power they are not impartial as an HR department should be
    they make policy and go against the wishes of directors when it comes to keeping people

Advice to Senior ManagementManagemnet you are blind and short sided and often wrong, you fire people that disagree with you and your yesmen give you nothing but disinformation. YOu obviously do not value your employees. Get a clue. You increase the head count of countless departmes but ignore the ones that keep your company running

Needs Real Leadership to make this company improve.

Engineering (Current Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsLocation is a plus.
    The product line holds a great deal of the market share so excellent potential for growth.

ConsUpper Management is very weak starting at the top.
    Too many individuals not willing to cooperate.between departments. Very hostile environment because people appear to be too concerned for their employment to a point where they try to make others look weak to bolster themselves. This comes from the top by rewarding particular people who have made a career of creating a hostile work environment.
    Engineering has an egotistical individual who is so insecure that none of the others in the department can stand being around the person, but miaculasly the president does not evidently see this.
    It is a union shop and although there are several quality individuals there, the union mentality still prevails

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a team environment
    Eliminate the resistance to cooperate between departments
    Set realistic goals and support the team leaders.
    Empower middle managers to take initiative
    Do some serious change management in the shop areas by eliminating the barriers between the union and others. Provide learning/training environment that rewards personnel for accomplishing training.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked with some wonderful people, but upper management is a different animal at this company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mobile, AL

ProsThey have a dedicated work force and the people are great to work with, for the most part.

ConsCompany is poorly managed and the elite upper management is out of touch with the employees as a whole. Moral is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should re-think the people who are in positions of power within this company. They are costing you, your most valuable resource, your employees.

Great people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeam work, great peers, wonderful experience

Conspoor top management, be cautious of being laid off every day even if you are a senior

Mislead

Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsUnique product line. Small company with direct communication to top level employees.

ConsPoor management on all levels.
    Union environment
    Severely underpaid

Worked for Continental Motors? Contribute to the Community!