Continental Resources (Oklahoma)

Updated January 13, 2015
4.0

Continental Resources (Oklahoma) Chairman, CEO and Director Harold G. Hamm
Harold G. Hamm

Great company to work for! Everyone at CLR works hard but it is definiteley a fantastic work environment too.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Continental Resources (Oklahoma) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, compensation and opportunity for growth.

Cons

That I had to move and could no longer work for such an outstanding company.

Incredible company to work for!

I have been working at Continental Resources (Oklahoma) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Intelligent employees, involved senior management, people get things done and innovate daily, and it's a fantastic opportunity for growth at any level in your career. Core company values are still in tact even from what the company first began, and that focus has continued to remain.

Cons

Not much to say - lots of opportunities to contribute, work hard, have fun, and learn each day. If you dislike that, this might not be the best place.

Good company

I worked at Continental Resources (Oklahoma)

Pros

Good team work, helpful people, professional environment, and there were many other social events that made things fun as well.

Cons

The population is a bit older, and the pace of the environment was not very fast. Other than that, it was pretty good.

I was excited to go to work everyday to see all of the friendly faces. The workload was challenging yet manageable.

I worked at Continental Resources (Oklahoma) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Continental Resources offers bonuses to hard working, committed employees.

Cons

It can be quite difficult to work your way up unless you are furthering your education.

Allow growth, and encourage it. We we all started somewhere and you have an impact beyond what you are aware of.

Great for Managers, Poor Technical Ladder

Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer
    Current Employee - Reservoir Engineer

I have been working at Continental Resources (Oklahoma) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I believe base salaries are in line with industry, I have worked in this company for almost five years and have observed the headcount quadruple in in that time spam The Company has retained certain small company atmosphere but bureaucracy from management is starting to interfere normal workflow of activities. You will have some flexibility and a descent work environment depending of which group you belong to.

Cons

Career Progression not clearly defined, especially for Petrotechical staff, salaries and position titles are not commensurate with the level of experience. You will find Engineers with the same education and level of experience with anywhere from Senior to Staff positions and even managers with as little 4 years of experience.
    It appears that the search for new talent has set new limits for salaries and titles being offered to new hires while senior employees are left behind and not brought up to speed.

Need to adjust salaries and level of experience among employees. IMO Engineers with 4-7 years of Experience and BS only can have same salary or position title as 10-12 yrs. of experience with MS degrees.
    Might need to revise total compensation package to put more weight on actual cash than stock grants. Is not about stock price but about valuation

Endless Opportunities

Former Employee - Northern Land Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Northern Land Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Continental Resources (Oklahoma) as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Size, Future, Experience, Opportunity, Growth

Cons

Large company trying to transition from a small company with growing pains.