Continental

www.careers-continental.com

Continental Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Elmar Degenhart

Pros
  • Good work/life balance (but it sometimes depends on the position and current workload)(in 18 reviews)

• Compensation, work environment, freedom, flexibility, and opportunity for advancement(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance is good only in certain (very few) departments(in 6 reviews)

• can be close to the car automotive industry(in 7 reviews)

Good Place to be for a Small time

Senior Development Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGood place to learn. All process are up to date.

ConsThey didn't recognise the employees by meritocracy, always political people get promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the ways that you give promotions!

Very good company

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsBig company. Plenty of opportunity to learn.

ConsSlow growth, Lot of bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementMore coordination between global divisions needed

A good internship that introduced me to the OEM supply without being overwhelmed.

Internship (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsYou are working in the automotive industry on new technologies. Good training is offered in many different areas. Office culture is friendly and welcoming.

ConsNot really many cons to working here. The company values are sound. The perks are good but nothing outrageous.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience is fair, but a lack of communication within management towards employee.

Industrial Electronics Technician, Electrical Technician, Electrician (Current Employee) Dearborn, MI

ProsThe benefits are good, bonus and compensation is good. Time off policy.

ConsLack of communication is a big plus,

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

10 years as software engineer

Design Engineer (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGood life/work balance, good benefit, great potential.

ConsSalaries aren't great, projects seemed limited when I left, sometimes get boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove salary to market level.

Very good job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompensation, work environment, freedom, flexibility, and opportunity for advancement

ConsQuality. I think quality suffers as a result of the freedom aspect. They haven't figured out a bulletproof system to make sure every product meets the same standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to value employee wellness and morale; this separates Conti from the litany of auto suppliers and attracts grateful minds seeking respite

Insecure, contracted employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, benefits, and safe environments provided due to UNION (UAW) collective bargaining agreement.

ConsInsecure feeling of worth....Company only kept us due to contractual requirements....We made Continental a significant profit with absolute disregard for our future.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up !!!!

Summer Intern

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Deer Park, IL

ProsDynamic projects and opportunities to learn a lot.

ConsNo cons or negatives from my experience.

Best Pay I've Ever Had Worst Job Ever As Well

Assembler/Material Handler (Current Employee) Morganton, NC

ProsGreat Pay right at $40,000 gross with a little overtime every week. They also provide tuition reimbursement as well.

ConsRACISM is rampant at the Morganton, North Carolina plant. The secind biggest problem is cronyism.The management at this plant is out of touch with what actually happens on the production floor, and there is often to many people for to few jobs. Many of the older employees no longer work they merely stand around talking and temporary employees are brought in to pick up the slack. No real opportunity for advancement once jobs are taken they are locked up for 10 or more years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring family members based solely on that merit work ethic should go much further, hire some people that may not have the education yet, and make the stipulation that full pay will not be given until completion of degree.

No tension about losing the job

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGood work and lot of diversified projects to work on. No lay off tensions as the management makes sure to have the job in one department or the other.

ConsCrooked management. Management believes in only a few employees and goes only with their opinion. Also, most of the valuable work is being done overseas.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be straight forward to staff and let them know what is going on within the group. Please let the employee know their mistakes in advance, rather than pointing them out at the time of year end review and cut the bonus...

Worked for Continental? Contribute to the Community!