Continental Secret Service Bureau

Be The First To
Add Photos

Scott P. Wunder

Little pay, long hours

Security Guard (Current Employee)
Toledo, OH

I have been working at Continental Secret Service Bureau full-time for less than a year

ProsDependable job, lots of overtime, no manager following you around all the time

ConsPay is terrible, some sites have higher pay, but they are some of the more boring places. Communication about shifts is terrible, some employees are often stuck at sites for over 16 hours without a break. Supervision is short staffed so when there is an emergency it is hard to get someone to the site to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more capable employees.

horrible

Security Guard (Former Employee)

I worked at Continental Secret Service Bureau full-time for more than a year

Prosadvancement opportunities, decent hours, decent benefits

Consthey did nothing for the comfort of their employees, pay was tolerable but nothing to live off on, played favoritism with certain people

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen employees need necessities such as air or heat then get them it. They don't get paid enough to have to put up with being treated like garbage. Show you appreciate them and not that they are just a body to fill a shift you don't want to have to work harder on to cover.

great job...it is what YOU make of it

Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee)
Marion, OH

Prosno manager breathing down my neck

Consit's in retail....need i say more?

Advice to Senior Managementnone

I was fired for questioning a parked car full of people in an empty lot at 1 AM

Security Officer (Current Employee)
Toledo, OH

I have been working at Continental Secret Service Bureau full-time for more than a year

ProsI made some good friends, and they paid me. Tiny paychecks, but they paid you. Oh and they made no effort to fight my unemployment claim, which is a plus, I suppose.

ConsI was fired from this job after approaching a car full of people in an empty parking lot at 1 AM. I asked them nicely why they were there, and they wouldn't tell me. I told them if they didn't have a reason to be there, they should leave (it was private property). They refused, so I told them I would simply have the police deal with it. The next day, I was fired. I'm white and the people in the car were black, so of course, the company assumed that I was interrogating them out of bigotry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice would fix the problems the management at this business has. So unbelievably narrow-minded and short-sighted, it's a wonder why they're still in business.

Good job very little pay

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Continental Secret Service Bureau

ProsMeet new people,over time ,good people

ConsNeed to pay more to keep there security officers

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the people you have and stop hireing kids

Overall a decent job, major communication issues.

Security Officer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Continental Secret Service Bureau

ProsGood compensation for guards, all dependent on site.
Typically you can easily pick up a shift if desired, as well as getting time off is usually easy, within reason.
Most coworkers are easy-going.
Most sites are not very intense (you don't get a lot of action), which makes for a pretty easy day at work. Though some sites are known for trouble.

ConsCommunication from your supervisor from changes at your site is terrible. You will work a shift trusting you've done everything right, come in the next morning, and find that you did something wrong that nobody informed you had changed. At certain cites, management doesn't take the time to clearly spell out and document your responsibilities and notify you of changes, resulting in headaches.
You have to pay for your uniform and equipment as a form of deposit that is reimbursed when you discontinue employment. (Around $200)
Initial employment requires a drug test that they make you take at a hospital, usually resulting in 3-4 hours of your day wasted just to pee in a cup. I wonder if they know of swab tests...

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the way management/supervisors communicate changes with their guards, and regular duties are clearly spelled out so new guards have some sort of reference. Develop relationships that are based on trust and integrity. I want to work for someone who listens to my concerns and gives clear answers.

Employees Last, Company FIRST

Site Supervisor (Former Employee)
Dublin, OH

I worked at Continental Secret Service Bureau

ProsPay for government contracts is slightly above average. Site supervisors for these contracts also have greater leeway within these contracts, to run their sites.

ConsPay reduced for all supervisors of government contracts. From $16/HR to $14 with no notice or justification. No Direct Deposit, checks are mailed. If you move it may take up to 2 weeks to finally get your check. Even when the company has over one months advance notice. Horrible benefit options. If pay is not correct on the companies part it may take up to eight weeks to correct. Employee pays for a portion($200) of all uniforms and equipment issued. Company is supposed to refund this money upon turn in of equipment...They font. Employee responsible for Guard Card cost and yearly renewal. Employee responsible for maintaining firearms qualifications and all peace officer certifications. Even tho the contract states that the company is responsible for these items. Hires marginal at best employees, after the initial hire. Initial hire employees were fairly well vetted. Any warm body evidently is good enough after the initial group.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Offer to bring pay back to the original amount for employees who are still stuck there. Allow site supervisor to discipline their employees, as your handbook
 states. Hire a better, more competent Project Manager. Or promote from within. Several employees at all the government sites would be a better choice. As it stands when I was there he never spent the required hours at the site.

Worked for Continental Secret Service Bureau? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Continental Secret Service Bureau reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Continental Secret Service Bureau CEO Scott P. Wunder. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Continental Secret Service Bureau employees.