Continuant Reviews

1. Featured Review

Overall Great Place to Work/Build a Career

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can't say enough good about the work environment. The people with whom I work are the best colleagues I've had to-date. Everyone is friendly, courteous and professional. Though the work can be inundating at times, one can find a high degree of comfort and satisfaction in the quality of people who work there. There's plenty of challenge, but an abundance of support along with it. Additionally, the company is ethical and does its best to do right by its employees. Its management is committed to running the company in a morally sound, highly efficient, conscientious manner. The company also subsidizes its benefits, meaning employees pay little-to-nothing out of pocket to insure themselves. Lastly, it is poised for exponential growth, going forward.

Cons

One con could be spirituality--not that that in and of itself is negative--but what I mean is, if a person is offended by overtly Christian ideas, references or beliefs, then this company may not be the best fit for him/her, since many people in the company, including its CEO Mr. Graham, are devoutly, unashamedly, vocally Christian in thought and in practice. However, that is not to say that people of differing persuasions are unwelcome or are made to feel so--to the contrary, Continuant welcomes anyone with the right personality and demonstrated skillset regardless of what he/she believes--but rather that individuals of differing views may feel uncomfortable with the way Christianity is openly promoted in the company. Another con might be workload: it can get strenuous; but, as stated before, there is plenty of support around to help a person succeed. Another possible con to mention is that the various career paths within the company are still being developed, so one's career options may not be clear right away. However, that is steadily being remedied. Finally, the benefits offered in the past were better than the current offering. However, there are indications that the benefits will improve once various revenue streams are freed up.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to make clear what an individual can expect in terms of advancement within the company. You do a solid job of explaining the base pay and benefits, and people might be helped if the general promotion process were explained in the same amount of detail. I am excited to hear that the career pathways are being developed more so that employees will understand what options are available and be given the proper guidance and training to navigate in their desired direction. Overall, you cultivate a wonderful work environment of which I am privileged to be a part. Keep up the good work!

Continuant-The best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am an Account Manager for the CSC (Customer Service Dept) and have worked for Continuant in the CSC for over 10 yrs. I am grateful to work for a company and CEO that values his employees. This is a key element in the CEO's Mission Statement. The VP of the CSC has built an environment that is strategically focused on the Customer Experience but has also built a culture and environment that is fun, collaborative and a place you want to come to work every day. We are responsible for customer retention and this is stressful. I don't know many people that love their jobs and if you were to ask the CSC staff, you would hear how many people actually love coming to work here. The CSC is one of the hardest working depts. in the company and this Team is lucky to work with such amazing co-workers. The CSC Mgmt. promotes an atmosphere of working hard, building each other up, and true Teamwork. There is a great feeling of acceptance and appreciation in the CSC regardless of position. There is tremendous growth potential at Continuant in all career paths as long as you are willing to be patient and work your way there. It honestly angers me to read negative reviews about Continuant. Either disgruntled former employees or perhaps current employees that are not a good fit or people harboring unnecessary and unwarranted animosity towards Sr. Mgmt.. No company is without flaws, no boss is without flaws, and no employee is without flaws. At the end of the day we have a choice of where we work and spend a third of our lives. I choose to work and retire here at Continuant. A Company and Sr. Leadership that has supported and inspired me for over 10 years.

Cons

I would like to see improvements made to the company benefits plan. I would like to see more collaboration of Departments in order to improve processes.

Advice to Management

Continuant is technology company which means that in order for us to continue to succeed and grow, Sr. Management must remain committed and aligned with the overall Company direction with competition and industry trends in mind. We are in a time of change. Change is good as long the commitment to our customers and staff remain priorities. In the words of the CEO, it's all about the people you have on the bus.

Company Needs Major Improvements

Pros

Certain people are the only pro to the company. There are some who really work hard and make the environment pleasant. There are many good people at the company who deserve much better positions. I would only recommend this company for someone who wants to build some experience before finding a true career fit. It may also be a good job for someone who doesn't not have much education or experience in a business setting and would like to build their skills.

Cons

There are many cons to this company. The extremely low wages for people who are college educated and the fact that people who have no experience or education make more money than those who do is ridiculous. People are promoted based on favoritism or since management feels they will stay for the long haul. The turnover rate is so high due to huge cut backs of benefits and low wages. There are people in positions that shouldn't be and it seems odd that people who work in one department can be moved to many others throughout. If they are not fit for a position why aren't they let go? Even managers are shuffled all over the company. People are laid off for no valid reason besides possibly having too high of a salary for their position because many worked so hard to be later let go. No one is safe at this company. Many departments are not valued for all the hard work they put in. They receive no praise. There are also some who are constantly harassing their coworkers day in and day out. They are never disciplined for their actions and it is horrible. Apparently their doesn't need to be respect for fellow employees in certain areas of the company. There are so many negatives to this company and it is sad because there are so many genuine people who really put their hearts into it.

Advice to Management

Really get to know your employees and place them in positions that fit them. Don't promote people because you like them or you are friends with them. This is a business, it is not a social hour. Hire people who are educated and pay them what they deserve.

Tired of all the lies

Pros

The only pro to working at Continuant was the people that I worked with. That does not include the managers.

Cons

Continuant was an ok place to work when I first started. As time went on, I learned that I could not trust managers. They lie, promise you promotions and more money and never deliver on those promises. All of the other negative reviews on this site are true. I suspect that the positive reviews are from employees that were asked to write them.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk. If you truly care about your employees, then pay them well. Give them decent benefits. Open your eyes and see that the management in this company is full of lies, only telling you what you want to hear. If you can afford to pay managers hundreds of thousands of dollars, you can afford to pay your employees a liveable wage. Most of your management is incompetent, relying on the employees to do their job.

Accounting and Finance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Pros

Great company and a awesome place to work.

Cons

NA--I really do not have anything bad to say about this company

Keepin' it real

I have been working at Continuant full-time

Pros

• Opportunity for growth – regardless of your level of education, you are given an opportunity to have a career, an opportunity to provide for your family, and an opportunity to make something of yourself. • Management – I firmly believe that everyone from the CEO, down to CSC management genuinely cares about the wellbeing of their employees. • Culture – This is one of the best things about Continuant and the CSC. They have created a culture that you will not find anywhere else. One of positivity, encouragement, and support. • Benefits – There is a massage therapist onsite 5 days a week. There is a chaplain available a few times a week, and you are given a wellness allotment that no only covers your massages, but can be used to cover gym memberships as well.

Cons

• Hard work is expected of employees, as it should be - If you are lazy, this probably isn’t the job for you. • Promotions are earned - If you think you should be promoted every 3 months, this probably isn’t the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep believing and investing in the employees that believe in Continuant. I am currently employed in the CSC and I have no intention of ever changing that. Is the CSC perfect? Maybe not, but what place is. People aren’t perfect. People make mistakes. So, as long as people are involved, perfection is unattainable – “Woe to you if everyone speaks well of you” - I have never worked for another company like Continuant and I hope to never have to work for another company other than Continuant again. Lastly, my advice would be to do your best to develop better judgment of potential employee’s true character. To read through some of these reviews, it’s embarrassing that a person would find it necessary to go to an anonymous website to rip into this company, the CEO, and their former managers, claiming they have “no agenda”, asking people to “please listen” to their “true concerns”, yet didn’t have the character, integrity or level of care for themselves or other employees to ever discuss it face to face with their management team. I don’t know about you, but it sounds like most companies would be better off without that type of person anyways, doesn’t it? I mean, who really has the issues?

Changes are happening

I have been working at Continuant full-time

Pros

It has been a great place to work

Cons

Not enough communication on things that are going on within the company

Advice to Management

Listen & keep your current employees informed of changes

Account Manager

I have been working at Continuant full-time

Pros

Excellent Management and growth opportunity if you are willing to work hard. This is a great place to learn the Telecom Business and develop your professional/technical skills. If you are a a good employee, you will be recognized and rewarded

Cons

Strict Company Policies. Always be early and do not receive benefits until you prove your value to the company. This is how all companies should be.... Unfortunately we live in a society where people think they are entitled to benefits from Day 1.

Advice to Management

Invest more time into developing entry level employees. Offer more remote work and allow employees to utilize the resources we promote.

Operations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sells advanced technology. Good customer service at competitive pricing. Good benefits.

Cons

Disingenuous management. Turnover so severe HR deceives WA Unemployment staff to reduce costs. Pecking order demonstrates lack of respect between departments. Enables and allows incompetent staff to define and operate critical systems.

Advice to Management

Excessive turnover indicates systemic organizational failure. Bring in competent outside consultants to address root causes. Focus on substantial matters rather than the dress code.

Positive environment with huge career opportunities.

Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Junior Account Manager in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time

Pros

I worked at Continuant two months shy of 3 years and found that my dedication, hard work, and commitment to my responsibilities were recognized and rewarded through promotion after only 9 months of my start date. I felt like management did a great job at continuously cultivating a positive environment in the work place. I loved working with people that truly cared about my welfare. The benefits of the company were awesome too....massage therapist onsite, gym memberships covered, and chaplains available to meet during working hours. Hugely grateful for a company that took a chance on someone with no college degree and gave me a great job.

Cons

Can be stressfull at times

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within and keep listening to your team's feedback.

RSS Feed </> Embed