Continuant

Updated December 1, 2014
3.7

Doug Graham

Overall Review

I have been working at Continuant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Continuant is a wonderful place to start a career. The management here actually cares about their employee's and takes time so sit down with you and find out what you really want out of the company. The benefits package is well above industry standards. Continuant also has a matching 401(K) program and has in house massage therapists should you need to take a break and unwind. Hard work is rewarded with promotions.

Cons

After reading ALL of the reviews, and combining them with what I have seen over the past couple of years in-house, I understand where some of the complaints are coming from. There are quite a few employee's that believe you should be promoted based off of how long you have been with the company. When those employee's do not get hired, they quit and take to the internet to tell the world how terrible Continuant is. If you are smart, educated, and have a realistic outlook on life, you would see that this is an amazing company to work for and they will reward you. Continuant looks for the most talented employee's whose combination of talent and hard work will ultimately make them money. Every company of this earth operates that way. If you are not a good fit for the company, you will not advance.
    I believe that Continuant needs to increase wages to attract the talent they are looking for. Starting wages for customer service representatives and account managers are below industry averages. Higher wages will create competition and ultimately weed out those who are not willing to work hard enough for that higher wage. I hear someone complaining about how much they make every other day.

Continue to listen to your employee's. I love the culture of this company and hope to work here for my entire career.

Come for the work, stay for the Church service.

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a bible thumper, apply now! You will love it.

Cons

If you aren't thumper type and If you don't drink the cool aid, it will be a long road to haul. Small minded family owned business. Not a lot of room for growth unless your a relative. Extremely conservative company.

Loving Monday mornings!

I have been working at Continuant full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What sets Continuant apart from other similar size Telecom Companies is a couple really unique areas. 1) It matters that their employees have real integrity 2.) It matters that we are healthy people inside and out 3) It matters that we respect each other in all our interactions. What does this mean for those that are considering coming to work here? It means you won't hear trashy language in the hallways, you are treated with respect, you are surrounded by people who care that you are growing as a person, and care about the professional culture here (you don't see folks wearing dirty un-tucked Motley Crew or Black Sabbath tee-shirts two sizes too small to work!). Its a breath of fresh to work at a place people are living at a better level overall, because your life too just gets better being in this culture. You will grow overall, and work can change your life. What if you actually loved your work so much you actually couldn't wait for Monday. That is the reality.

Cons

Continuant gets into your blood, it becomes part of who are, you make lasting friendships with trustworthy amazing people they practically become family; Its not a good place if you don't like people, never do anything but work, don't care about balancing your life, don't want friends of any kind anyway, and hate the fact that they encourage you to take a break and go have a 20 minute massage in the middle of the day so you are refreshed, (yes in the building for free) , you may want to consider other places to apply.

No company is perfect, every company has budgets and obstacles and restraints. As long as employees can be heard to voice their opinion and needs, and the management team hears that and does their best to make employees satisfied in their jobs, that is a perfect score in my opinion. Thanks Continuant.

Great Stepping Stone!

Former Employee - Operations in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Operations in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working alongside my co-workers. They made the job bearable. Learning about our supported PBXs from Engineers was great as it increased my technical aptitude. Their wellness benefit is top notch. Matching 401k is also a great perk. This job was fast paced and taught me how to multi-task well.

Cons

Compensation: There were many meetings regarding raises within our department that were promised, but never happened.
    Scheduling: My department rotated schedules every three weeks. This is quite demanding on the body. Why can't some have set schedules so those who are better at a particular shift can keep it? (Rhetorical qustion)
    Leadership: They do not heed the advise and the quarrels of employees. We were worked heavily. I never really took breaks, missed lunches most of time...

I foresee a lot of turn-over within the department. No pay raises or appreciation for the hard workers. We were seen as replaceable.

Continuant Response

Nov 7, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

The engineering role in a company, like Continuant, that supports customers around the nation
    ... More

Continuant is my second home where I am surrounded by caring people and growth opportunities every day.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The leadership team is always on the hunt to find new opportunities to sell excellent products and services and to expand its offerings in order to continue to be relevant to the always changing technology industry and markets. This allows its employees the chance to improve upon their skills and help to create their own career path and job satisfaction. Everyone always wants to perform well and support each with the common goal to have a satisfying and rewarding job and a successful company. The benefits are comparable or better than most. There is a gym on site and massage therapists available which gives employees the opportunity to maintain good health. The 4-week paid sabbatical after each 7 years is an extra that isn't offered at the average company and a 401K matching program was started up this year. Overall, this company cares about its people and the support and benefits that are offered confirm that.

Cons

The culture is one of hard work and job support and satisfaction. If a person can't dig in and commit, then it's not the place to plan a career.

Continue to listen to your employees and act upon their recommendations.

Continuant keeps rewarding me for my hard work - I have a future here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This truly is a company where you can grow. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about how my manager and VP have listened to me, supported me, challenged me, and rewarded me. They have allowed me to explore my passions and have challenged me to take on more and more. They have put my talents to work for the good of the company and allowed me to grow. They have put me in front of Senior Management and given me countless opportunities to prove myself. I love the relationships I have developed with my coworkers at all levels within Continuant. At the end of the day, everything I do for this company is because of the amazing people I work with.

This company demands hard work for reward, as it should be, but also promotes a work-life balance that is so important to me. The day-to-day perks are great, as well -- gym facilities, chair massages, fireplaces, and cozy couches are some of my favorites. We have classrooms with ongoing industry training, cross-department collaboration, vendor and customer visits -- every day is unique at our office. And, again, some of the best people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Continuant has proven to me that it is dedicated to those who go above and beyond. If you are not willing to work hard for your rewards, Continuant is not the place to build your career.

Keep listening to your employees' passions and challenge them to grow.

CEO Doug Graham

I worked at Continuant

Pros

I have read several reviews that target Doug Graham's character, which are inaccurate and unfair. Complaints about his religion and resulting style are unwarranted. Accusations of employees being required to conform to his views are absolutely false. Yes, Mr. Graham is an unapologetic Christian. If one has to apologize for their faith, why bother? Further, Mr. Graham has SEVERAL award winning employees who absolutely do not share his values. These employees are highly valued and esteemed. There is access to pastoral and spiritual counseling available several times a week, which is 100% voluntary. Why this is judged as a religious extreme is very curious. FREE personal counselng for whatever reason AT WORK is a benefit. Accusations of Mr. Graham being greedy and driven to earn a ton of money is a massive mischaracterization. WHO starts a business without the intended outcome of making tons of money? This does not make him greedy, this makes him smart. Doug Graham is also generous in ways one would never know.

Whether a person is satisified with the culture, pay, work requirements or whatever at Continuant is a personal thing, but Doug Graham does not deserve the harsh criticism I have seen here. It is no secret that Mr. Graham bases his business on what he embraces as Biblical values. This should not shock anyone. If this offends a prospective employee, they should simply not accept a position there.

Also, though I write this anonymously, I will say I was not a manager, not a relative, nor did I work in recruiting. I am unbiased and am inclined to stand up for a man who is not perfect (who is?), but is a hard working, driven, man of integrity.

Cons

If Jesus offends you or will be a problem for you, or if you use drugs, this is not the place for you.

Technology Company

Current Employee - Operations Staff Member in Fife, WA
    Current Employee - Operations Staff Member in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is very refreshing to be part of a company with a vision and a path to achieve that vision. The company has opportunities for technical staff to work in complex high-technology systems including Cisco, Microsoft, and Avaya Unified Communications systems. Engineering staff can move within the company and advance their careers as they choose. The company vision in managed services of Unified Communication systems is keeping the company aligned with its core markets and should provide numerous technical and leadership opportunities over the coming years. It is an exciting company to work in and with hard work and commitment, you can get promoted and enjoy a very promising career in the technology area that you want. Voice communications, data communications, or classic IT services seem like great opportunities for a technology minded person.

Cons

This is not a company where you can perform in mediocrity and succeed. Every employee has the opportunity to contribute to the mission of the company and promotion must be earned.

Keep sharing the vision with the employees so they can see how their specific job fits in the big picture. Continue to develop and hire managers and leaders from within the current staff to the maximum extent possible to provide growth opportunities to developing staff members.

Great team!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Intern in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Intern in Fife, WA

I worked at Continuant as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the team! Excellent people. I truly believe you define your experience with this company, build great friendships and network, gain experience in a multitude of fields, and pave the way with innovation and hard work. This company will value you and your dreams as long as you communicate them appropriately.

Cons

The only downside was incentive to working harder. The CSR side of the company felt like I only needed to provide an excellent customer experience (which is what Continuant desires) but perhaps I and others could do more with encouragement.

Only advice to management would be to invest more time into getting to know the employees at the CSR level. This does happen! But there is also room for improvement.

Positive environment, good benefits, and hard work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I have been working at Continuant full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hard work and dedication is rewarded here. If you are looking for an easy job this is not the place for you. Even with all of the hard work, we still manage to have fun here. You will always see a smiling face or a helpful hand.
    The benefits are great. I love the wellness reimbursement and massages.

Cons

The entry-level pay is realistic and fair. If you put in the effort, you will absolutely be promoted or given a raise.

Continue to listen to your employees. We see that you are and we appreciate it.