Continuant Technologies Inc

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Doug Graham

Great place to kickstart your career.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Fife, WA

ProsThe experience gained he is unmatched anywhere else. They give a vast amount of responsibilities to entry level employees and give them a great opportunity to gain experience that is impossible to gain anywhere else at an entry level.

ConsBe prepared to work hard. Keep your head down and power through, the reward and advancement following will be immense.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to create advancement opportunities to those who work hard.

Cheapest company in the state of Washington

ProsDecent medical/dental benefits, but still not that great.

ConsAlmost every single individual at this company is underpaid, except for the upper management. The owner doesn't care about the people actually doing the leg-work for his company. Most regular employees are more well educated than any of the management. You are in constant fear of losing your job over things out of your control.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart investing in your work-force. You have handfuls of hard-working, educated, skilled people and none of them are being treated properly. The low wages and negative environment is going to push them all away one by one.

Great opportunity to gain experience. - Great environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fife, WA

ProsYou will be worked hard, and you will have high expectations put on yourself. These are not unrealistic and enable you to work at your highest potential. Great benefits: massage therapists onsite 4/5 days of the week for all employees to use, medical expenses reimbursed 100%, training credits, and 4 week paid sabbatical after 7 years. Great opportunities for growth available in Account Management / Telecom Engineer. Managers do their best to guide you along with career growth.

ConsConsiderably low compensation, only certain departments offer growth and career advancement internally.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer higher compensation for those departments that do not offer career advancement. Match requirements to the actual compensation to keep it competitive and keep employees content.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

upper management lets go all the hard working people who love the company and keeps those who are there only for the job

Prosthe hard working folks, one or two in senior management are terrific

Consfear of always losing your job

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the good ones

Disengaged Management and Low Employee Morale

Prefer Not to Say (Former Employee) Fife, WA

ProsJobs are frequently available due to the high turnover rate. Can be a good company for an entry level telecommunication or IT person to get a start.

ConsContinuant has a very high turnover rate. Low pay, disengaged management and a very low morale among employees is typical. The owner calls the company a Christian company and there is a great deal of pressure to be a part of a particular religious culture. There are daily prayer emails, pastors brought in to provide 'counselling' and prayers offered as a part of any company meeting. There are growth opportunities available if one subscribes to the heavily conservation and right wing Christian culture. The atmosphere is repressive and employees are fearful for the jobs. There is very little respect for the individual employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace diversity.

Worst Company in Washington

CSE (Current Employee) Fife, WA

ProsVery nice HQ building. Recently remodeled inside and out. Lots of nice employees.

ConsWhere do I start? I worked for Continuant for 7 years. I was in constant fear of losing my job. I have seen over 50 people fired in that time. The management thinks that threatening peoples job is a way to motivate. The CEO is a joke and a major prosperity preacher. He thinks that God wants him to be rich. (As if poor people around the world get what they deserve) He could care less about any of his employees and does very little to hide it. He will cut anything or anyone to make himself a dime. Bottom line is they sell an antiquated service. This business model cannot last for more than a few more years and even if it could, you would likely get fired before then. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for work. No one should have to put up with the abuse and fear Continuant puts on their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep work and religion separate. Respect the fact that no everyone believes in your religion.

A growing company that is poised to go to the next level

Engineer (Current Employee) Fife, WA

Pros- The opportunity to grow with the company
    - The chance to explore other roles (when you have covered your main role and responsibilities)
    - The flexibility to be nimble to address market shift and technology change
    - The satisfaction from the fact that your contribution is making visible impact to the company
    - Modern and professional working environment

Cons- You have to be self-motivated, self-taught and take charge of your own career planning
    - Less benefits/perks compared to other tech companies around the area

Advice to Senior Management- Foster closer working relationship across silos
    - Encourage formalized career planning/coaching process, so the staff will see the career path ahead of them and be motivated by it.

Incredible Team Spirit, Awesome Customer Service: Continuant Reshapes the Mold

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fife, WA

ProsIt is a team-oriented atmosphere with excellence at the core. We are encouraged to provide a win-win situation for our customer and Continuant, most often placing the customer first. The Customer Service Center is unparalleled in the way Continuant's team members serve the customers. Thinking of the many times I have called a call center and was placed on hold for far too long, Continuant sets the bar for amazing customer service. The culture statement speaks for itself: "Our culture is rooted in excellence, and the passion and character of our people."

ConsStarting pay for customer service representatives is low, and breaking the ceiling to move up to better pay is probably the hardest endeavor. Though, with Washington State's minimum wage being the highest in the country, one shouldn't complain. And once a CSR moves up, the financial issue diminishes greatly.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice to have the CSRs start at a higher rate of pay. The mention of spiffs/bonuses creates an anticipation for something that does not happen as often as one would like. The pay would be ideal for fresh-from-high-school employees, but for post-graduates owing student loans, the pay is really rough.

Great Benefits, low pay, no future.

ProsTheir benefits package is well above industry standards.
    General flexibility of work schedule, only full time positions.
    Work environment is clean and professional.
    All employees are invited to bi-annual company meetings with free gifts.

ConsCEO is very religious and shows it at the company meetings.
    Project managers are a joke and outdated, barely able to do their job.
    Rampant nepotism. Very bleak future for some positions.
    Warehouse is a dead end and a slow death.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your managers. A lot of them are worthless or beyond worthless.

Continuant just layed off an entire department. You decide...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent benefits - Medical, Dental, HSA Card. If you can stay here for 3+ years you will be a rockstar anywhere else!

ConsThe owner is cheap, and it is shows when you see how much employees are compensated. As an example - An entree level position at Continuant will pay 30% less than another company in the same role. Base salary as an Inside Sales Rep is 1500 dollars a month, and you are expected to work 50-60 hours a week. Promised profit sharing after 3 year, and when I reached my three year mark, the company was not profitable. With that being said, no profit sharing. Ask yourself this, do you want to work for a company that says they pay out profit sharing after three years and go back on their word? Most importantly, do you want to work for a company that is not profitable?

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate an environment that is fun to work in. Take care and value your employees. The employee turn around is terrible for a reason.

Worked for Continuant Technologies Inc? Contribute to the Community!