Continuity Control

Updated August 25, 2014
Updated August 25, 2014
4.8

Andy Greenawalt

Why not be a part of saving an entire industry?

Current Employee - Regional Vice President Sales in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Regional Vice President Sales in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Continuity Control full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Incredible group of employees. Solid source of resources to close business. Ongoing training and knowledge gathering. Easy commute and location. Plenty of snacks and coffee.

Cons

We are located in Downtown New Haven which means there is way to may options for lunch and Happy Hour!

Former Employee

I worked at Continuity Control full-time

Pros

Good passionate people dedicated to help FIs manage the overwhelming task of compliance.

Cons

The company has turned the corner from early stage start up to growth mode. They need to stay focused and keep their commitments. Delivery on promise will be essential.

Keep doing what your doing.

Building a company on a solid foundation

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Continuity Control full-time (more than an year)

Pros

General:

- As an employee, you're very connected to the pulse of the company
    - Good ideas are taken seriously, regardless of who they're from
    - We're a startup that's "a real company." We're not working on the next fad, but on a service that makes people's lives better -- whether you're a banker or not. (Community banking influences a lot more than you might think!)
    - Remote work a possibility

Engineering:

- Great team that knows how to work together
    - Solid foundation of engineering practices, and always improving. (Agile, pair programming, ruthless automation, etc.) It's roughly XP, but we don't blindly follow an approach; we sample the best ideas that fit the team.
    - Supportive of local software developer communities and open source

Cons

- Having many remote employees can sometimes be problematic, but not very often
    - Benefits are good, but could stand to improve as the company grows

We're a "big company that happens to be small" right now. Let's not forget our roots as we grow: in a few years, we should be "a small company that happens to be big."

Learning every day in a Results Oriented Work Environment

I have been working at Continuity Control full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great location in the Downtown New Haven Area
    -Very supportive of local Software Meetups (New Haven Ruby / New Haven IO)
    -Ability to work from home possible
    -Great engineering practices

Cons

-Many remote employees reduces the opportunity for spontaneous collaboration. While the entire team is reachable via email/phone, it's never quite the same as in person.

More regular invites for remote workers to travel to New Haven and work from the main office.

How do you make compliance fun? Join the Continuity Control Extremists!

Current Employee - Senior Strategist
    Current Employee - Senior Strategist

I have been working at Continuity Control full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm not sure there is a way to make it fun, but working with Continuity Control comes pretty close.
    Continuity has given me a creative and supportive environment to utilize my experience and background helping forward thinking clients achieve better results in their organizations.

Everyday is a learning opportunity, an adventure, a satisfying experience that requires prioritization and discipline. Those are the features of a company that has a strong foundation and is adding new bricks everyday. It is exciting work in an area that no one else is addressing in quite the same way.

In this fast paced environment there are many opportunities to succeed. Management looks for ways to utilize your strengths so you can be as productive as you are capable of. Not a week has gone by where I didn't end Friday thinking where did the week go. For me that's a perfect ending to a very productive workweek. I am excited to start each day knowing there will be someone who needs my assistance, and the product we (Continuity) deliver is helping financial institutions do their work more efficiently.

We have the best of the best all working together with a continuous improvement mindset to build a platform that is changing the banking industry. With all of the regulatory changes, and widespread concern about them, this is a very exciting time to be involved in technology within the compliance field.

Cons

The only con also has it's upside. My colleagues are spread all over the country, so meeting them personally is not easy. However, we use common telecommuting technology and frequent interactions to get to know and support each other. So in the long run I talk to them as much if not more than I would in a traditional workplace.

Keep working on the long term objectives, and grow the company.

Fast Paced...Innovative...Work with people that know what they are talking about.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Continuity Control

Pros

Continuity Control gives the opportunity to work with some of the most passionate and forward thinking minds in the Compliance and Technology industry who truly care about our clients. This company is very team oriented, which is great! Management is easily accessible and more than happy to discuss new ideas and feedback on how to make things better. Since I started, I have also seen the company grow by leaps and bounds so I know it's headed in the right direction.

Cons

With it being a start up, one of the negatives would be the benefits package. I hope as the company grows this will be revised.

Passionate people and challenging work: dream jobs do exist

Current Employee - Software Developer in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Continuity Control

Pros

Small company made up of people who really care about the business they are in. Employees and management are seriously dedicated to doing a good job. Sitting in on just one conversation will testify that they believe in the product and the mission of saving banks from compliance costs. It sounds really boring but it's actually fascinating to work on a cool product.

The hours are long but that's by choice because the work is likeable.

Cons

The benefits package is a little weak and some other criticisms which one would come to expect from working at a small company, especially a startup.

The leadership style of the company is transparent and chock-full-o teamwork. Please, keep up the good work as the company grows!

Progressive, committed, fun team!

I have been working at Continuity Control full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This group truly works as a team, from the CEO on down the line. Suggestions and ideas are encouraged and taken into consideration (and often implemented!). Client satisfaction is #1 with everyone, which is reflected in the company's rapid growth. Employees are professionals, experienced in their areas of expertise, and are treated as such by management. This is a fun and exciting place to be!

Cons

As a growing company, there are naturally some growing pains as work flows and processes are developed. However, these are not critical and do not impact the ability to serve our clients.

Continuity Control Photos