Continuity Control

www.continuity.net

Continuity Control Reviews

Andy Greenawalt

Why not be a part of saving an entire industry?

Regional Vice President Sales (Current Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsGreat work environment. Incredible group of employees. Solid source of resources to close business. Ongoing training and knowledge gathering. Easy commute and location. Plenty of snacks and coffee.

ConsWe are located in Downtown New Haven which means there is way to may options for lunch and Happy Hour!

Building a company on a solid foundation

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGeneral:

- As an employee, you're very connected to the pulse of the company
    - Good ideas are taken seriously, regardless of who they're from
    - We're a startup that's "a real company." We're not working on the next fad, but on a service that makes people's lives better -- whether you're a banker or not. (Community banking influences a lot more than you might think!)
    - Remote work a possibility

Engineering:

- Great team that knows how to work together
    - Solid foundation of engineering practices, and always improving. (Agile, pair programming, ruthless automation, etc.) It's roughly XP, but we don't blindly follow an approach; we sample the best ideas that fit the team.
    - Supportive of local software developer communities and open source

Cons- Having many remote employees can sometimes be problematic, but not very often
    - Benefits are good, but could stand to improve as the company grows

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're a "big company that happens to be small" right now. Let's not forget our roots as we grow: in a few years, we should be "a small company that happens to be big."

How do you make compliance fun? Join the Continuity Control Extremists!

Senior Strategist (Current Employee)

ProsI'm not sure there is a way to make it fun, but working with Continuity Control comes pretty close.
    Continuity has given me a creative and supportive environment to utilize my experience and background helping forward thinking clients achieve better results in their organizations.

Everyday is a learning opportunity, an adventure, a satisfying experience that requires prioritization and discipline. Those are the features of a company that has a strong foundation and is adding new bricks everyday. It is exciting work in an area that no one else is addressing in quite the same way.

In this fast paced environment there are many opportunities to succeed. Management looks for ways to utilize your strengths so you can be as productive as you are capable of. Not a week has gone by where I didn't end Friday thinking where did the week go. For me that's a perfect ending to a very productive workweek. I am excited to start each day knowing there will be someone who needs my assistance, and the product we (Continuity) deliver is helping financial institutions do their work more efficiently.

We have the best of the best all working together with a continuous improvement mindset to build a platform that is changing the banking industry. With all of the regulatory changes, and widespread concern about them, this is a very exciting time to be involved in technology within the compliance field.

ConsThe only con also has it's upside. My colleagues are spread all over the country, so meeting them personally is not easy. However, we use common telecommuting technology and frequent interactions to get to know and support each other. So in the long run I talk to them as much if not more than I would in a traditional workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on the long term objectives, and grow the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning every day in a Results Oriented Work Environment

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros-Great location in the Downtown New Haven Area
    -Very supportive of local Software Meetups (New Haven Ruby / New Haven IO)
    -Ability to work from home possible
    -Great engineering practices

Cons-Many remote employees reduces the opportunity for spontaneous collaboration. While the entire team is reachable via email/phone, it's never quite the same as in person.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore regular invites for remote workers to travel to New Haven and work from the main office.

Fast Paced...Innovative...Work with people that know what they are talking about.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsContinuity Control gives the opportunity to work with some of the most passionate and forward thinking minds in the Compliance and Technology industry who truly care about our clients. This company is very team oriented, which is great! Management is easily accessible and more than happy to discuss new ideas and feedback on how to make things better. Since I started, I have also seen the company grow by leaps and bounds so I know it's headed in the right direction.

ConsWith it being a start up, one of the negatives would be the benefits package. I hope as the company grows this will be revised.

Passionate people and challenging work: dream jobs do exist

Software Developer (Current Employee) New Haven, CT

ProsSmall company made up of people who really care about the business they are in. Employees and management are seriously dedicated to doing a good job. Sitting in on just one conversation will testify that they believe in the product and the mission of saving banks from compliance costs. It sounds really boring but it's actually fascinating to work on a cool product.

The hours are long but that's by choice because the work is likeable.

ConsThe benefits package is a little weak and some other criticisms which one would come to expect from working at a small company, especially a startup.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership style of the company is transparent and chock-full-o teamwork. Please, keep up the good work as the company grows!

Progressive, committed, fun team!

ProsThis group truly works as a team, from the CEO on down the line. Suggestions and ideas are encouraged and taken into consideration (and often implemented!). Client satisfaction is #1 with everyone, which is reflected in the company's rapid growth. Employees are professionals, experienced in their areas of expertise, and are treated as such by management. This is a fun and exciting place to be!

ConsAs a growing company, there are naturally some growing pains as work flows and processes are developed. However, these are not critical and do not impact the ability to serve our clients.

Worked for Continuity Control? Contribute to the Community!